Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2021, 04:49:09 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Desert tech military discount?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Desert tech military discount?  (Read 24305 times)
Bimbim18

« on: February 07, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »

I could have sworn desert tech was offering something like a 20% discount to military but can't find anything on it. Is it an ongoing discount? Was it a time limited promotion?
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:24:25 PM »

that 20% discount was ONLY for their other rifles - that does NOT apply to the MDR -  a discount to be announced at some later point - how much - they're not saying
Chief Master

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »

They also took that discount down after a couple days. I messaged Russ Wallis on FB and he told me the LE/Mil/First Responder discount was only for a limited time, but they had a good response and are "working on" creating a more long-term discount. Not quite sure what that means, but maybe there's something else coming down the pipe.

Or perhaps, if you call them and want to buy one (and you're LE/Mil/FR), they'll just give you the discount.
Bimbim18

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »

I hope they do. I have been saving up for a while and the discount put me close to within buying range, now that it's gone its out of range again (I will have it someday, but looks like I'll have to save up an extra year or so, ballin on a budget). Oh well, gives time for them to release the 300 BLK MDR-C in green Smiley
bsmith918
^

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »

I would be surprised if they offer much of anything until they can get production up to the level needed to fill current orders.  I'm guessing this will be a very high demand and limited production item for awhile.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

They also took that discount down after a couple days. I messaged Russ Wallis on FB and he told me the LE/Mil/First Responder discount was only for a limited time, but they had a good response and are "working on" creating a more long-term discount. Not quite sure what that means, but maybe there's something else coming down the pipe.

Or perhaps, if you call them and want to buy one (and you're LE/Mil/FR), they'll just give you the discount.

I saw the listed discount of 20% for LE/Military and sent an e-mail to Mr. Wallis at Desert Tech as the ad directed. After a couple of weeks and a second e-mail, Mr. Wallis responded and stated that there are only two of them running the LE/Military discount program and they are responding in the order received. He advised that he would get back in touch with me with details on that discount program ASAP. They require some kind of documentation for the program, which I did e-mail to them. I'm still waiting for word on this. 
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:16:58 PM »

I saw the listed discount of 20% for LE/Military and sent an e-mail to Mr. Wallis at Desert Tech as the ad directed. After a couple of weeks and a second e-mail, Mr. Wallis responded and stated that there are only two of them running the LE/Military discount program and they are responding in the order received. He advised that he would get back in touch with me with details on that discount program ASAP. They require some kind of documentation for the program, which I did e-mail to them. I'm still waiting for word on this. 
I have the same experience. Sent it on February 9. I've heard nothing since.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:32:48 PM »

I would not expect anything soon - if the group buy is to be done in the second quarter - I would guess end of third quarter to end of year - more time to buy ammo and maybe another Tavor Grin
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »

I have the same experience. Sent it on February 9. I've heard nothing since.

Still no word from DT. I gave up on them and am going forward with the Group Buy.
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »

I sent my documentation in back in December.  I received my authorization code this last Monday.  They only have one guy working in that department.  I have no idea what the discount will be as I am waiting for the 19 inch model to come available. 

I am in the group buy - but only if they can get the 19 inch model in the future.  I have no need for a 16 inch 308
The Dirty Greek
^

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 11:54:32 PM »

Are you allowed to discuss what the discount is?  If so how much? Really want a 19" model as well, so I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dirty Greek
bsmith918
^

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »

Are you allowed to discuss what the discount is?  If so how much? Really want a 19" model as well, so I feel your pain.

Can't discuss the GB pricing.
The Dirty Greek
^

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »

I am sorry. I was not clear. I know what the GB pricing is. I was asking if the DT factory MIL/LE discount was still 20% and if not, what is it?

The Dirty Greek
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »

discount is private to those with correct credentials
bsmith918
^

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »

I am sorry. I was not clear. I know what the GB pricing is. I was asking if the DT factory MIL/LE discount was still 20% and if not, what is it?

I never saw anyone that was able to actually get a mil discount on the MDR, but that doesn't mean someone didn't receive one.
The Dirty Greek
^

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »

Thanks all. Will have to wait till they get to mine wherever it is in the stack. Maybe the silver lining of waiting will be that they have the 19" bbl ready when they verify me.

The Dirty Greek
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »

So I got a discount code, but it won't let me see the discount until I give my credit card information.

Dumb.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »

I just received the e-mail from Desert Tech with my discount code (finally). I just completed the order process and the discount code was accepted. June 1 is noted as the expected shipping date.  Smiley
Richardado
^

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 10:39:07 AM »

What email address is everyone emailing? Didn't screenshot it when it was announced back then and is now taken down.

Update: Nevermind found it!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:45:03 AM by Richardado » Logged
mpd3285
^

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 07:24:47 PM »

So I got a discount code, but it won't let me see the discount until I give my credit card information.

Dumb.

I had the same problem and emailed them. Eventually they called me and patiently walked me through the problem with their IT guy! Super customer service.  Nice as couldn't have been more friendly. 

After entering the promo code you go to the payment page. You should be able to see the discount before entering the credit card info.  It will show at the top of that same page. Mine wasn't.  Turns out it was a problem with case sensitivity of my email address on their end.  When I created the my account it was all lowercase. They eventually figured out that I had to capitalize the first two letters of my email.  I fixed that on my account page, hit update, then logged out and log back in with the new case sensitive email address.  It worked for me. Their customer service was very helpful.  Now the wait, and selling a few guns to pay for the MDR.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:28:44 PM by mpd3285 » Logged

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length