Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:22:41 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  shortest sbr & suppressor length
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: shortest sbr & suppressor length  (Read 4462 times)
grimlock
New Posting Member

« on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:16 PM »

Hello all, I'm looking at purchasing my first 1022 and then getting the 9022 stock for it. In the future I would like to go sbr with a supressor on it but preferably only have the supressor stick out the end by about an inch or so. Is this possible with this stock without HEAVY modification? Thanks for the info.
yamadog35
^

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »

The short answer is no.  I have a 9" barrel including the threads and my can is 4.5".  When done the can will stick out just over an inch from the flat front face of the stock (I have removed the protrusion in the front that holds the fake can).  I started the tedious process of removing material from inside the stock last Spring, but I've been far too busy to finish it and won't probably until after Christmas.  It's going to work but it's been a very slow and careful process of dremel a tiny bit, reassemble, check fit, disassemble, dremel a tiny bit, reassemble, check fit . . . . . .     I will post pictures when I eventually get done.
tcs673

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 09:44:10 AM »

Not sure if I'm going about this the right way, but here we go. I want to SBR my HTA 90/22 and on the ATF Form 1 where it says model, what should I write there. I'm thinking HTA 90/22, but want to make sure before I do, just asking ...
yamadog35
^

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »

Not sure if I'm going about this the right way, but here we go. I want to SBR my HTA 90/22 and on the ATF Form 1 where it says model, what should I write there. I'm thinking HTA 90/22, but want to make sure before I do, just asking ...

You're going to SBR the 10/22 which has nothing to do with the HTA stock.  The HTA stock is no different than changing from a factory wood stock to a Hogue stock.  The HTA stock just determines overall length when the 10/22 is sitting in the HTA stock.  So on my Form 1 in the space for Name and Location of Original Manufacturer, mine says "STURM RUGER, UNITED STATES".   Model is "10/22".   Serial number of course is on your 10/22 receiver.
tcs673

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »

Ok thanks, that really answers my question for a couple of projects based on using the 10/22 platform ...
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length