Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2021, 05:10:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  HTA 90/22 Bullpup
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Print
Author Topic: HTA 90/22 Bullpup  (Read 601670 times)
Newhouse

« Reply #780 on: November 08, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »

Just completed the assembly of my HT 90/22 last night.     I check the factory trigger to be at 6-7 lbs.   Once installed in the new HTstock, the trigger pull is over 10lbs.  I disassembled and checkd to see if the rod was binding anywhere but it was not.  I check to see how much  force is needed to pull
the HT trigger and it was around 1.5-2 lbs.  I polished  parts of the HT trigger until they were smooth.  The trigger pull is now 8-9 lbs. 

Question for Andy,
Does the spring on the HT trigger has to be compressed that much?  If the spring was just extended  and not compressed when installed,  trigger pull is at 7 lbs.
Ruger 1022

« Reply #781 on: November 08, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »

Newhouse, Congrats on getting your Bullpup together. Are you saying the pull is 7lbs without the spring?

Ruger
indetrucks

« Reply #782 on: November 08, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »

1 word

Brimstone

~Christian
Newhouse

« Reply #783 on: November 08, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »

Newhouse, Congrats on getting your Bullpup together. Are you saying the pull is 7lbs without the spring?

Ruger
It's 7lbs with the spring installed without the preload.  The spring is needed to reset the HT trigger.
Definitely sending the trigger group to get work on. While I am it, I may as well send the trigger from TD.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #784 on: November 09, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »

Hey Newhouse and company!

Thanks for the great question and sorry for the issue. The first question is, is there any friction causing some of the extra weight. It could be that there is some rubbing going on with that trigger rod. Occasionally we get an out of spec trigger rod, which will rub against the receiver of the rifle and the step in our stock where the track jumps from the deepest point to the a shallower point as it moves down toward the 1022 trigger. If that is the case, you can simply file that step down a little to offer more clearance. We try to eliminate any out of spec rods, but it is possible you may have gotten one, if that is the cause.

If that isn't the case, the preloaded spring is needed sadly, because without it, there won't be enough resistance to allow for the Glock style cam to move out of the way before the trigger cycles rearward. You may be able to take a little off it, but from a safety standpoint, that spring is important. Let me know your thoughts on the matter and if you have any questions! Thanks so much Newhouse and sorry again for any issue that may have been caused by a defective part. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Andy and the team
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #785 on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

Hello hello everyone in 10/22 bullpup land!!

Hope the holiday season finds you all in good spirits! This year HTA has has a lot to be thankful for and we just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone here on Bullpupforum. You guys are the best group of folks a young company could ever ask for; enthusiastic, kind, patient, generous, excited, and more than that, just plain pleasant to deal with. We really are so grateful for all you have done for all of us. We will forever be in your debt. Everyone here at High Tower Armory is wishing you a season of cheer and merriment filled with as many blessings as you have bestowed upon us. Please keep in touch folks and, as always, let us know if there is anything at all we can do to help!

Oh and a quick little update as well!!

We are getting the barrels underway- finally! Here are some pictures of what we have cooking so far. They start as Green Mountain barrel blanks and we turn them down to what you see here and mill an integral flash suppressor into the end to allow them to achieve the minimum overall length needed to work in our kit while maintaining a 16" bore. Then, we Melonite them for a rock hard and rust impervious surface that cleans up easier than stainless steel. We are considering a few other contours and finishes, like an ultralight pencil barrel, a plain 1/2x28 threaded 18" barrel, or doing a Manganese Phosphate coating over the Melonite for a grey look, but if you guys have any suggestions we'd love to hear them! We also are planning on doing an Aluminum fake suppressor for the threaded version of our barrel. But please let us know! If you were buying a barrel for your 90/22, what would you want to see? Thanks again guys! For everything...

Andy and and the team at High Tower Armory

* Barrel2.jpg (247.4 KB, 2416x1800 - viewed 1112 times.)

* Barrel1.jpg (349.24 KB, 2448x1520 - viewed 1408 times.)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #786 on: March 04, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »

Hey Guys!

The barrels which have long been talked about are finally here and ready for shipment! We offer several different layouts depending how you plan to use your rifle- including bull barrels, integrally flash suppressed barrels, and basic threaded barrels. We also offer these in 2 lengths: 18" and 18.5". We understand that there are other bullpup stocks out there that, unlike the HTA 90/22, require barrels longer than 18". We also understand that it can be difficult to find high quality barrels in non-nominal 18.5" lengths without paying for custom gun work. So we developed our own solution! We welcome all customers from all camps, whether they are HTA fans, RJF fans, Muzzelite fans or all three! We are just passionate about selling quality shooting sports gear and hope we can make something that appeals to everyone. So if there is something you want or need, just say the word and we'll try to make it happen! Thanks so much guys! We really appreciate it!

Andy and the team at HTA

* HTA9022TFBB.jpg (27.06 KB, 1113x672 - viewed 878 times.)

* HTA9022FTIB2.jpg (23.21 KB, 1006x625 - viewed 870 times.)

* HTA9022FIFS2.jpg (28.32 KB, 1125x672 - viewed 951 times.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:44:09 PM by HighTowerArmory » Logged
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »

Holy smokes, that last one speaks to me, Andy!  I need to head over to your site and check them out!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #788 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »

Thanks Plinker!! We appreciate your input and thank you too for moderating this rowdy crowd here on BPF!  Evil I've been meaning to thank you for helping out on the forum! Let me know if I can do anything from our end. Thanks for your encouragement! All the best,

Andy and the team
WVBubba

« Reply #789 on: March 14, 2014, 01:07:52 AM »

Andy, like your product but alas I am a lefty, any hope for us? Even if there is not I do like your 18.5 bull barrel for another build, is there a thread protector on the threaded barrels?.....Fingers crossed hoping for some good news.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #790 on: March 14, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »

Hey WVBubba!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us! We are hoping to have a deflector done soon. Again, it's just a cost and man-hours question. We have several new products in the works beyond what's on the site and so we are a little bit stretched right now haha. Our FS2000 grip is coming along well and we are almost finished with something brand new for the 10/22 that most of you will find useful. More on that soon!!

Onto the barrels... we are looking to include thread protectors or at least offer them as a cheap add on. They aren't standard now (we don't have any in stock yet but we will soon) but if you order one, just mention that Andy promised you a free thread protector and I'll make something happen. Thanks o much Bubba! We really appreciate it! If I can do anything else please let me know!

Andy and the team at HTA
yamadog35
^

« Reply #791 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »

I can't say enough good things about Andy and the HTA team at this point.  As part of a couple of purchases, I made a couple of special requests and Andy took care of me with no problem and with prompt communication.  I posted some pictures yesterday in the picture thread of my Hydro-dipped kit and I was so pleased with that one that I got another kit in black (just need to find a gun for that one).  For me, the kit went together easily and it all seems solid.
TDunn

« Reply #792 on: March 15, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »

Andy, any chance of a fake metal can to replace the plastic one?  something that threads onto 18" barrels and extends rearwards would be hot.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #793 on: March 27, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »

Hey TDunn and company!

We have 2 new accessories in the works- machined side sight rails with QD capabilities in the ends to maximize available rail space and reduce overall width when using a sling, as well as aluminum dummy cans that fit over 18" barrels as per TDunn's comment! They go far back enough to even cover our dummy suppressor lug on the front of the stock, giving it a seamless look that is difficult to achieve with other cans. Watch for both real soon!

Thanks so much guys, we appreciate everything!

Andy and the team at HTA
WVBubba

« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

I just wanted to thank Andy and the HTA team, I recently got a 18.5 inch bull barrel and the tac pack and sling. Shipping was quick, communication great and between instructions and posted videos, was a very easy install.  Thanks again Andy be looking to hear from you again when you get those thread protectors in....Have a question about the aluminum cans that you are coming out with, since I got the 18.5 barrel will it be able to work with my set up?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:20 AM »

Hey WVBubba!

Sorry for the late reply here! I've been meaning to make it over the forum to check responses but it was a busy week!

Our cans will fit snug to the stock in 18" barrels but they will still work with 18.5" barrels, they'll just be set back .5" from the face of the stock. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll keep you posted on our thread protectors. We should have them any day now! Thanks again Bubba!

Andy and the team
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #796 on: July 01, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »

The High Tower Armory RM-25 Magazine is coming... Happy Fourth everyone! Flag Raising

Andy and the team at HTA

* RM-25 Mag ConForce Springs.jpg (349.77 KB, 816x612 - viewed 900 times.)
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #797 on: July 03, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

Woohoo!!  We love bins of parts for new products!

Thanks for keeping us posted, Andy!  Best of luck with getting this new one flowing as smoothly as the 90/22.  You guys do good work.

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
mavrick007

« Reply #798 on: July 04, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »

Andy,

Am I assuming correctly that the RM-25 stands for a 25 round rotary magazine; which also means it will be a 25 round mag that will not protrude very far from the HTA stock???

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #799 on: July 07, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »

Hey Mav and Plink!

Thanks for the energy- we really appreciate it!

RM-25 stands for Rimfire Magazine, 25 rounds. It is on the outside, a basic 25 round magazine with a window for round counting. On the inside however, there a few new twists on some old magazine features. We'll post a few more pictures as we get closer but we think this should be a pretty cool project! Thanks so much for everything gentlemen! Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Andy and the team at High Tower Armory
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length