Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2021, 04:35:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  HTA 90/22 Bullpup
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 Print
Author Topic: HTA 90/22 Bullpup  (Read 601663 times)
indetrucks

« Reply #760 on: October 13, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »

Hay Guys, Just got my HTA 90/22 and was eager to assemble. I am using a brand new 10/22 purchased at Wiley-World for $234. When I opened the HTA box, boy was I impressed. The fit and finish was/is way better than the ZK22 I recently purchased. Assembly went well except for the trigger spring flying out and my 68 year old eyes could not find it. Had to call in the reserves and believe me she sees like a hawk. Wifie ocated the spring quickly and I was back on track. Completed gun looks and feels great. Now a couple dry fires and that *&^%$ trigger pulls like a log truck, so I ask myself what would the boys on the Bullpup Forum do. Trigger group is boxed and order is placed with Brimstone. Will be sending it out Monday morning first thing. Hope the turn around is quick as I can't wait to shoot some pumpkins at the range..

Brimstone did mine in about 7 days.  I got the tier 2 and the 2lb job.
It made the HTA Bullpup pull about 4lbs.

~Christian
Ruger 1022

« Reply #761 on: October 15, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »

Was just over on the HTA site and they have accessories in stock. Ordered the ext. mag and bolt release also the ext. charging handle. Man this Bullpup thing cost money!!!
confessor19

« Reply #762 on: October 17, 2013, 07:21:37 AM »

Now that's service. Ordered the TacPack Pro at 9am, had a shipping notice in my inbox at 7pm.    not worthy
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »

Hey gang!

Thanks so much for all the great comments and your continued support and business! As has been posted, we do have our extended controls available for purchase after months of trying to get everything just right! Sorry for the delay on this and thank you all so much for your patience! We sure hope you guys like the final product!

Thanks again for everything guys and please let us know if you have any other comments/concerns/questions! Thanks,

Andy and the team
TDunn

« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »

Hey gang!

Thanks so much for all the great comments and your continued support and business! As has been posted, we do have our extended controls available for purchase after months of trying to get everything just right! Sorry for the delay on this and thank you all so much for your patience! We sure hope you guys like the final product!

Thanks again for everything guys and please let us know if you have any other comments/concerns/questions! Thanks,

Andy and the team

Thanks Andy and again great work.  We still need a solution to mount flashlights or lasers down low on each side near the front grip.  I vote for the wrap around style we discusssed.  Pull that off and you have the perfect Bullpup.

The gauntlet has been thrown.
Armored Rah

« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:46 PM »

I love my HTA 90/22, but I had no idea of the cost involved in getting the actual 10/22 to meet my expectations. I've got almost $$800 total in this gun now and I'm still tracking down a decent lightweight threaded barrel. Shocked Every time I find a barrel I like, it turns out it's an odd diameter. The most recent flop was a KIDD ultralight, which was perfect in every way, except it was .875  Why didn't Tony make it either .920 or a standard taper? My next choice is a Whistle Pig barrel, but I'm in price negotiations for a used one and it's not looking like I'm gonna be able to get it for the price I'd like.. Sad
Darkmage

« Reply #766 on: October 18, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

Barrels are getting worked on, FS2000 grips are being designed and tooled, other goodies for other rifles are on the way, and much much more.
I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Oh wait, I did. In fact, I got my email today! I have to wait until I get home to place the order (stupid work firewall). But in the meantime, what is this about FS2000 grips? Do you have a link to another discussion somewhere?
Ruger 1022

« Reply #767 on: October 24, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »

Man I can't believe no post since the 18th. I am waiting on my trigger to get back from Brimstone. Anything happening with you guys?
FLPlinker

« Reply #768 on: October 24, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »

I sent my trigger of to brimstone on wednesday. I cant wait to get it back. I love the HTA, but the stock trigger on the 10/22 is horrible. Looking forward to seeing how much of an improvement the tier 2 makes.
Ruger 1022

« Reply #769 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »

Plinker Don't know where you live but its a Monday to Monday tuck ride for me. Dave said he got it this past Monday and I am in  line. Did you try your Bullpup with the stock trigger? Mine pulled so hard I didn't even try it with live rounds.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #770 on: October 24, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »

Plinker Don't know where you live but its a Monday to Monday tuck ride for me. Dave said he got it this past Monday and I am in  line. Did you try your Bullpup with the stock trigger? Mine pulled so hard I didn't even try it with live rounds.

Hey Ruger! Sorry to hear it pulls hard! Does your HTA trigger/rod assembly slide nice? That is to say, is it free to travel or is there friction on the rod? If it's the rod, it's possible it got of spec somehow and we'd be happy to replace that for you. Just let us know! Thanks again guys and please let us know what we can do for you!

Andy and the gang at HTA!
Ruger 1022

« Reply #771 on: October 24, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

No problem with the rod as far as I can tell. The stock 1022 trigger seems to have about 6+pounds. Others here have had such great luck with Brimstone I thought I'd give them a try. I will post up when trigger comes home.  Thanks for your concern, that bodes well for you and HTA.

Ruger 1022
FLPlinker

« Reply #772 on: October 24, 2013, 01:44:38 PM »

Hey Ruger/Andy, I did try it with the stock trigger. it was an extremly hard trigger. it is a brand new 10/22, so part of that might have been the stock trigger not being broken in. the rod on the 90/22 seems to move farily easily when the 10/22 trigger assembly was removed. so i dont think my issue is with the stock or rod. i have nothing but high praise for the stock and the accessories that i got with it. according to UPS my trigger should get to Brimstone tomorrow, so hopefully it should be on its way back sometime next week. i have a range trip scheduled for 11/9 that i want to have the 90/22 for. i have a couple friends that are dying to try the 90/22. i even ordered a Vortex 3x magnifire for it. this $225 rifle sure is getting expensive  Cheesy but i love it!

thanks again for such a great line of products Andy, you guys are doing a great job!

FLPlinker
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #773 on: October 24, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »

No problem gents! I just want to make sure no one is ever bashful about anything! If something ain't right, let us know and we'll do whatever we can to meet or exceed your expectations of satisfaction. Thanks so much for all the support and kindness to us guys! We sure appreciate and it and we would love to hear a range report with the new Brimstone trigger work! Thanks again guys!

Andy and the team at HTA
Ruger 1022

« Reply #774 on: October 24, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »

I agree Plinker the stock and accessories' are top notch. Can't wait to get it back (trigger) as I have some pumpkin zombies that need  tuning up.  
confessor19

« Reply #775 on: October 24, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

I got the TacPack Pro accessories over the weekend and got them installed Sunday evening.  Wow, huge improvement.  The extended mag release is great, and the auto/extended bolt release is perfect.  It was my first time disassembling a 10/22 to that degree, and the included instructions walked me right through it.  I haven't decided if I'm going to use the new charging knobs yet.  The mag coupler works nicely.  I'll probably end up ordering a couple more, as I own 5-6 10rd mags.

I'll be taking it to the range for the first time this weekend, so I'll probably be back with a range report afterwards.
Ruger 1022

« Reply #776 on: October 29, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

Just got a e-mail from Brimstone and my trigger has a 2.25lb break. Is on its way back to Virginia today. That should make my HTA Bullpup just about perfect. A special thanks to Brimstone for great service.
Darkmage

« Reply #777 on: October 31, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »

Yeah, I have to hand it to Andy and the other folks at HTA: They time they spent on the installation instructions was well spent. Everything was spelled out in plain English.
Ruger 1022

« Reply #778 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »

Hay Gang, Got my trigger back from Brimstone last week and all I
can say is WOW. I installed it and it really feel like it should. Have not
been to the range yet but I am sure it's gonna be great.
FLPlinker

« Reply #779 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »

got my trigger back from Brimmstone today as well. this trigger job was exactly what the 90/22 needed. it is now the perfect bullpup! brimmstone got the trigger down to about 2lbs. with the new trigger in the 90/22 the take up and over travel are perfect, and the break is very clean. i couldn't be happier with the work brimmstone did. the shipping was very fast as well. shipped out from Washington state on Tuesday, to sitting on my door step in florida on Thursday! between HTA and brimmstone this is one heck of a combination! to anyone considering either one, DO IT! you wont be disappointed.

FLPlinker
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length