Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2021, 04:48:27 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  HTA 90/22 Bullpup
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Print
Author Topic: HTA 90/22 Bullpup  (Read 601665 times)
posttal

« Reply #740 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »

Hey Johnny,
all I can tell you is that my barrel is 18.5 and I had to cut about 1/2inch off in order to catch the proper amount of threads and mate with the stock.So the can was in fact larger than 18.5 and close to the 20 inches you need. But keep in mind that if its too short the worse that's going to happen is that it wont mate up to the end of the stock..there will be a gap.and if so you can just put on the supplied plastic mock suppressor that comes with the gun and cut it to fill the gap. I cut mine because I liked the way it transitioned from the end of the stock to the can rather than having the can mate up against the nub of the stock..but if you did it to fill any gap it would look the same.

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
http://ralphscorner.homestead.com/index.html
FLPlinker

« Reply #741 on: September 28, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »

i got a chance to go to the range Friday and put 300 rnds through the new rifle. i was very happy with it. i had a couple of feed/ejection problems in the first 100rnds. but i am attributing that to break in of the new Ruger. after the couple of failures, the gun ran flawlessly. the extended controls worked great! the guys at the gun shop all really liked the design. one of them even had the other guys stock, and said that he wish he had known about the HTA one before buying his. he liked this one much better.
i am very happy with the stock, the wait was well worth it! the only thing i think i am going to change is going to be the mock suppressor. the rest of the stock is so great that the plastic suppressor doesn't look so good. think i might look into making this an SBR and getting a real suppressor for it.

Thanks Andy and team, i am very pleased with the stock and extended controls. i am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with next.

FLPlinker
posttal

« Reply #742 on: September 28, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »

do you have an extended mag release and if so which one and where'd you get it. I already did the auto release mod but would like to get an extended mag release .. I see a lot around on line but don't know which one to get since the HTA one isn't available yet and from what I see is only being sold with the auto release which I don't need. So what do you have ?

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
FLPlinker

« Reply #743 on: September 28, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »

I have the HTA  extended/auto bolt release and  HTA extended mag release. I highly recommend them since they are designed specifically for this stock. they both work flawlessly and are  the perfect length.
FLPinker
posttal

« Reply #744 on: September 28, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »

Hmmm...every time I look to buy them all it says is "COMING SOON"...Oh Andy Angry

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
FLPlinker

« Reply #745 on: September 29, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

I bought the tactical pro pack. I believe those are in stock.  you could email and ask.
 FLPlinker
Armored Rah

« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »

I've got my OD green HTA 90/22 stock and my Tacpack Pro kit installed and I'm speechless. This thing is SO much better than I expected (and I was expecting a lot). The quality and the design are just amazing. Not to mention Andy is the KING of customer service (and a super guy). I put a KIDD trigger in my 10/22  ( the same day as the 90/22 and Tacpack Pro), so I never used the kit with the stock trigger. I can tell you that with the KIDD upgrade and the 90/22 stock installed, the trigger pull is still less than 3 pounds. I have no complaints at all about any of the HTA items I bought and I'm looking forward to any new items they come out with in the future. There's no better bullpup kit for a 10/22 out there. This is it, this is the standard to beat and I don't see anyone doing that at this price, period. Honestly, I could go on and on about this thing, which I'm sure would get old. So, here's what I'll end with. If you hold this kit in your hand, you won't need anyone telling you how great it is, because you'll know as soon as you touch it. Shocked
indetrucks

« Reply #747 on: October 01, 2013, 08:07:48 AM »

I've got my OD green HTA 90/22 stock and my Tacpack Pro kit installed and I'm speechless. This thing is SO much better than I expected (and I was expecting a lot). The quality and the design are just amazing. Not to mention Andy is the KING of customer service (and a super guy). I put a KIDD trigger in my 10/22  ( the same day as the 90/22 and Tacpack Pro), so I never used the kit with the stock trigger. I can tell you that with the KIDD upgrade and the 90/22 stock installed, the trigger pull is still less than 3 pounds. I have no complaints at all about any of the HTA items I bought and I'm looking forward to any new items they come out with in the future. There's no better bullpup kit for a 10/22 out there. This is it, this is the standard to beat and I don't see anyone doing that at this price, period. Honestly, I could go on and on about this thing, which I'm sure would get old. So, here's what I'll end with. If you hold this kit in your hand, you won't need anyone telling you how great it is, because you'll know as soon as you touch it. Shocked

Can I ask how you acquired it and when?
Did you get an email from Andy saying it was available for you?
What number on the wait list were ya?

Thanks bud ..... I'm JONESING for this kit

~Christian
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #748 on: October 01, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the AMAZINGLY kind remarks! We can't even begin to express our gratitude to all the fans of our kit for taking a few minutes out of their day to let us know how we're doing. We will forever be grateful for what you all do for us!

Indetrucks! I know you're charged about a kit and we are moving as fast as we can! Armored got the email from us with the info on how to order in the last round of emails we sent out. We should have another one going out soon!

Here's something you or someone else may be interested in- first person to PM us with "I'll take it" walks away with the link to order. We have a sample stock here that was dipped with an ATACS camo pattern over a tan stock. It turned out beautifully but we decided we'd stick with black as the base in the future simply from the standpoint that the areas that don't get dipped (the butt, the suppressor lug, and some areas around the mag box) end up staying tan and we think the majority of folks would like black. At any rate, we had a sample made with a blemished tan stock and it does look super cool. The blemish was a relatively deep scratch in the stock that sits below the charging handle and is covered by the camo finish but still noticeable in certain lighting. Check out the pictures to see if it's for you. We'll knock 50 bucks off this one for the scratch and if the base color isn't for you. $249.99 for anyone who wants it. Again, just PM us if you're eyeing it! Thanks again everyone for being such stellar customers and supporters as we forge ahead!

All the best my friends!

Andy and the gang at HTA

* Blem ATACS1.jpg (316.11 KB, 1596x556 - viewed 3815 times.)

* Blem ATACS2.jpg (656.23 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 899 times.)

* Blem ATACS3.jpg (352.63 KB, 1600x612 - viewed 1126 times.)
indetrucks

« Reply #749 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »

PM SENT!!!
Maybe even two!  (I wasn't sure if my first PM went through)

This stock is exactly what I would want. I love the desert tan but wanted desert camo... PERFECT!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:03:51 PM by indetrucks » Logged

~Christian
FLPlinker

« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »

Good luck indetrucks, if you are the lucky one, i know you are going to love the stock. It is awsome!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2013, 12:30:33 PM »

Kit is sold! Thanks so much guys!
indetrucks

« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

Mine allll mine!!!! Muhahahaha!

I even showed my Girlfriend this stock during my lunch break and she LOVED it.  I had shown her all the stock options a week or so ago and eventhough I liked the desert tan, she wasn't a huge fan. 
She said this one really completes the look of the Desert Tan.  I'm really stoked to get this particular stock.

As far as the small part of but-stock that isn't hydrocoated, thinking I will flat black that small section. Give it a but-stock "pad" look.
Even though the front part won't be visible, will probably flat black that too.

~Christian
FLPlinker

« Reply #753 on: October 01, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »

Nice grab indetrucks, You are going to love the stock. this became my favorite rifle before i ever even fired a single round out of it. it just felt so well balanced and comfortable.

post up some pics when you get it all finished up.
Dogster

« Reply #754 on: October 01, 2013, 02:39:17 PM »

Congratulations Indietrucks! You are going to LOVE this rifle. Can't wait to see your pics!

Never argue with a fool, they will pull you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
Rotorman

« Reply #755 on: October 01, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »

Hta seems like a company to get behind. I know I'll be purchasing a stock when I get the email. Can't wait!
IRON MAIDEN
New Posting Member

« Reply #756 on: October 02, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

HTA, can you tell me if a shell deflector is in the works? My friend thought he saw a thread saying you guys were working on one. My two sons, 15 & 13, will both be shooting the gun. My oldest is a lefty. They both like the look of the HTA P-90 over the RJ version. But if my lefty son won't be able to shoot it....
I scanned the thread but didn't find the answer.
Thanks for your time.
mission critical
^

« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

I just wanted to check in to thank Andy and the folks at HTA for their prompt service and delivery.

October 2 - Received an HTA email that provided HTA 90/22 ordering instructions.

October 3 - Received email notification that my order had shipped, via USPS.

October 5 - Received the parcel, via USPS.

Talk about a fast turnaround... fantastic work, HTA!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #758 on: October 10, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »

Hey guys!!

Sorry for the late response to this! It's been a crazy week at the office haha!

Thanks so much for your question Iron Maiden! I'm pretty sure we've corresponded in email about this already, but in case I am mistaken or there are others with a similar question, HTA is currently working on that deflector we have talked about for so long haha. I know this project, true to HTA form, is taking a long time to complete, but much of that has to do with the complex nature of what the part does, what it costs to design and tool, and what it costs in precious man hours which we are in desperate need of. We are hoping to get something out soon to you all but there are many irons in the fire. Barrels are getting worked on, FS2000 grips are being designed and tooled, other goodies for other rifles are on the way, and much much more. We're just all super busy here, not that anybody is complaining mind you! We owe all this to you guys, our FANTASTIC and AWESOME customers who continue to encourage, support, and of course purchase our products as we make them available! Thanks for all you have done and we hope to have our left handed friends a solution real soon! Thanks for your patience!

And speaking of awesome and fantastic customers... thanks so much for your very kind remarks Critical. It definitely means a lot and we truly appreciate your business! Please let us know if we can do anything at all in the future!

Thanks again everyone for everything! You guys are the best and we are feel so honored and lucky to have you all here with us!

Andy and the team at HTA
Ruger 1022

« Reply #759 on: October 13, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »

Hay Guys, Just got my HTA 90/22 and was eager to assemble. I am using a brand new 10/22 purchased at Wiley-World for $234. When I opened the HTA box, boy was I impressed. The fit and finish was/is way better than the ZK22 I recently purchased. Assembly went well except for the trigger spring flying out and my 68 year old eyes could not find it. Had to call in the reserves and believe me she sees like a hawk. Wifie ocated the spring quickly and I was back on track. Completed gun looks and feels great. Now a couple dry fires and that *&^%$ trigger pulls like a log truck, so I ask myself what would the boys on the Bullpup Forum do. Trigger group is boxed and order is placed with Brimstone. Will be sending it out Monday morning first thing. Hope the turn around is quick as I can't wait to shoot some pumpkins at the range..
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length