Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:14:23 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  HTA 90/22 Bullpup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Print
Author Topic: HTA 90/22 Bullpup  (Read 592884 times)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »

Very astute Kunar!

Yes ours is longer- we simply couldn't offer a stock for barrels 18" or longer without extending the butt slightly. In my opinion, biased as it may be, the extra length of pull is actually really comfortable and it gives a much better cheek weld since you no longer need to rest your head on the magazine like the shorter options out there.

Mr. Absolute- we will definitely consider a pink one- maybe even if it's just a one-off specially made for you  Cool

Thanks for the input. You can all expect an OD green version very soon. Desert tan would also be a likely third color option. FDE, with enough interest, could take tan's place at #3 on the color option list.

Keep the advice coming guys. We really, really appreciate it!
HardShell

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

... Thanks for the input. You can all expect an OD green version very soon. Desert tan would also be a likely third color option. FDE, with enough interest, could take tan's place at #3 on the color option list...

While I want/will buy a black one ASAP, a tan or FDE would make me really consider buying a second one as well.

(I have more than a dozen 10/22s, and a few of them are still unmodified/only slightly modified...  Embarrassed)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »

So +1 on the FDE or tan from Hardshell. Any other input? With enough votes for tan or FDE, one of those may make a move for 2nd on the list of colors and knock OD to the curb. Any thoughts? Thanks guys!!!
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

jack of all trades,master of none!

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

im good with and of those 3 colors myself..it looks good when the black butt,ralis,scope and such are there with a diffrent color stock,,then when ya add some rail covers of color and choice it will be ever so sweet..
im easy   sculpture
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:09:45 PM by johnny9 » Logged

get r done
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »

Cool and I agree- the different color stock with black accents looks awesome!! Just a heads up so there is no confusion, the butt pad is part of the main body and it has detailing on the butt to prevent slip. But what would be black is the: trigger, both front and rear safeties, charging handle, sight rail, side sight rails, dummy suppressor and storage box release. We only have CAD color renderings now but the OD looks amazing! Thanks again for the help/input!
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

well being i cant leave well enough alone Grin,if theres room behind the reciever"in the stock" i just might cut the but off as short as possible against the action ,make a alum plate the shape of the butt to add a choate machine but pad spacer system like on most of my homemade bullpups..not that i will cut it,but if it can be done i will prob do it..along with a mono pod if the stock allows room Grin
in the pics it looks like all kinds of room in there,,cant wait for the bullpupforum to have a thread labeled
"bullpups now in stock at hta"

get r done
kanur

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »

Yes ours is longer- we simply couldn't offer a stock for barrels 18" or longer without extending the butt slightly. In my opinion, biased as it may be, the extra length of pull is actually really comfortable and it gives a much better cheek weld since you no longer need to rest your head on the magazine like the shorter options out there.

I can see how this may be better, the LOP on the stock one is pretty short.

I'm good for any of the colors mentioned....well, maybe not the pink  Roll Eyes
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »

very smart to keep it available to every size barrel owner..oh,dont get me wrong,the trigger pull would remain the same,just the look is why id add what i like..if possible..
maybe if i do it then you can lead others to the thread where me or someone else modifies the butt,again, if theres room..time shall tell when there at our front doors .
im gonna let others have more a chance to get in hear and speak,and shut up a while Grin
damn,see the stir up hta caused with this new body for 10-22 toyz   Grin

get r done
Gryfox23

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

If I wanted a SBR, would the HTA P90 setup work with the following:

Tactical Solutions X ring SB-X barrel
http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/ca...arrel-upgrades

Sparrow suppressor
http://www.silencerco.com/?section=P...s&page=Sparrow

The reason I ask is because of the larger end of the barrel that the suppressor is encased in. It would look really good if it would work! Evil
Gryfox23

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:35 PM »

Also.....

Where can I pre-order one?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

Hey Gryfox,

HTA decided not to do a pre-order. We just don't believe in recieving money we haven't yet earned.

What we can offer is the ability to lock in your spot for a 90/22 by going to our website and signing up for the newsletter. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. The sooner you join our emailing list, the better your chance of getting one of the first 90/22's off the presss. Many of you have already signed up but please don't forget to tell your friends if they have any interest at all, it would be wise to sign up.

The best part is you don't have to commit to anything. We will simply send you an alert letting you know a day or two in advance of when product will be up for sale. Then you can choose whether or not you are still interested by either purchasing or not purchasing. We are all about customer service here at HTA, and we felt the best way to serve you all would be to let you keep your money until you absolutely have to part with it. Thank you all very much for your questions, help, input, and most of all patience! Please keep spreading the word!!!

Andy and the Team at HTA
Gryfox23

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 12:28:24 AM »

I had already signed up for the newsletter before you wrote this, so........

What number am I?!!!!! I'm anxious!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:44 AM »

We saw that GryFox! I don't want to give out any specifics, but I will say it's looking pretty good for you  Grin

I have no doubt you'll recieve one from the first shipment! Thanks again for all your enthusiasm!!!
Gryfox23

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 06:22:15 AM »

Outstanding! I can't wait!  Grin
superbee

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »

I'm on the list!!! Grin
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »

Glad to hear it superbee!! Thanks for  signing on! We'll alert you as soon as product is ready to move. Tell all your friends, the spots are filling up quick...
HardShell

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »

... What we can offer is the ability to lock in your spot for a 90/22 by going to our website and signing up for the newsletter. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. The sooner you join our emailing list, the better your chance of getting one of the first 90/22's off the presss...

Done.  Can't wait!

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
mjl99

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »

hey guys had a quick question for you. i know you say a 18in barrels is required for this stock to make it nfa legal. i currently have a 10/22 tactical model that i use as a host with my suppressor and the barrel is 16.12. given that i dont want to obviously perm attach an extension to the barrel to give it an oal of 26in with your stock, would i be able to perm attach an extension on the back of the stock like a buttpad or something similar to achieve the legal oal? i know i could order another 18in barrel but id rather not have to drop another hundred into the rifle if i could avoid it.
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »

it has a fixed butt pad as part of the stock,,if your handy like me you can surely add a butt pad like im gonna do to make it legal..i may even cut off a inch or 2 from the stock and add adjustable spacers and a rubber pad,,if possible...i feel it will be easy..
dont quote me as im not affiliated with hta,,but it will be working with my 16inch threaded barrel.

get r done
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »

i currently have a 10/22 tactical model that i use as a host with my suppressor and the barrel is 16.12.

I know it would be an investment, but why not get another stamp for a sbr??

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length