Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 12:17:01 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Back-up folding sights?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Back-up folding sights?  (Read 3604 times)
Armored Rah

« on: December 19, 2013, 02:05:49 AM »

I've been seeing the knock off Magpul sights pretty cheap on Amazon and such. Has anyone used them? The real MBUS sights are out of my price range right now. I was thinking that with this being a 22 cal, the cheap knock off sights would hold up fine. My next question, for anyone who might have a set of the knock off sights, is how much adjustment they have for elevation? Since that might be an issue with the mount on the 90/22 being so high off the barrel.
 I'm running a Lucid M7 sight, so I don't see a real need for iron sights, but I'd rather be prepared.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »

Hey Armored Rah!

Thanks for the question! We've used some of the Troy micro flip ups, and they work pretty decent. I would imagine the elevation travel would be about the same in both since the front sight threaded insert is going to be pretty similar. We've never used the MBUS flip ups so I can't tell you for sure on those sorry. Hope that helps! Thanks so much Armored!

Andy and the team at HTA
Armored Rah

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

Thanks Andy. The troy sights are too expensive too, but that does give me another option once my finances are in order again. The Knock off MBUS sights can be bought for around $20 a set and there are mixed reviews on them. The real Magpul MBUS are bought separately and seem to run around $55 or more each, making them close to the same price as the Troy sights I looked up.  I've also been looking at some no-name aluminum 45 degree sights that are only around $20 and might be better made than the knock off MBUS, since they are all metal and don't have a folding mechanism. They barely stick up above the rail, since the sights are on the side at an angle. They wouldn't hinder the use of my Lucid M7, but would still be functional back up sights for an emergency. My other option was to buy a green laser to mount on the side as a back up sighting system (which I might do anyway, just for fun and to even out the gun now that I have a flashlight on the left side), but a laser is yet another
electronic device, so it's just something else that can fail during use. I've gotten good enough with my 90/22 that I can usually hit stationary targets within 100 feet without using the sights, but small game and such is a different story. Grin
jthwan22
^

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »

The sight radius is very short for BUIS.  Almost like a small pistol
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length