Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 06:18:58 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Which Magazines DO and DO NOT work with the HTA kit?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Which Magazines DO and DO NOT work with the HTA kit?  (Read 38459 times)
indetrucks

« on: September 16, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »

To those of you who have experience with the HTA kit, which ones for sure DO and which ones for sure DON'T work with the HTA Bullpup kit?

I wanted to pick something up that isn't hard to get in and out of like the stock 10 rounder is.

~Christian
Eagle1

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »

I believe it's pretty common knowledge the BX-25 mags work and they are by far the most reliable magazines available higher than 10 rounds.  You can find them online from time to time for around $25.  It's probably your best bet.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »

Hey Inde and Eagle!

Eagle is spot on Inde! BX25's are available, affordable, and they work like a champ! We also have our magazine coupler by the way- it links 2 ten round mags together so you can easily take them in and out of the stock.

I know for a fact Eagle brand 30 rounders work, so do Butler Creek mags if you cut the nub off the sides. Shooters ridge and champion both work. Ramline fits (I won't go so far as to say "they work"). Pretty much any magazine that doesn't get any wider than the magwell at any point along the sides of it. Please let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have any further questions! Thanks so much guys!

Andy and the team at HTA
indetrucks

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

Hey Inde and Eagle!

Eagle is spot on Inde! BX25's are available, affordable, and they work like a champ! We also have our magazine coupler by the way- it links 2 ten round mags together so you can easily take them in and out of the stock.

I know for a fact Eagle brand 30 rounders work, so do Butler Creek mags if you cut the nub off the sides. Shooters ridge and champion both work. Ramline fits (I won't go so far as to say "they work"). Pretty much any magazine that doesn't get any wider than the magwell at any point along the sides of it. Please let me know if that doesn't make sense or if you have any further questions! Thanks so much guys!

Andy and the team at HTA

Good to know!
I might end up going with your 10 round couplers as here in CA they limit the rounds to 10.
There are many sites that sell the 25 round mags dissembled and as "rebuild kits" but I haven't found any 25 round magazines that dissemble without breaking them.

If anyone has a leed to Ruger 10/22 compatible higher capacity mags which dissemble as rebuild kits, let me know.

~Christian
Eagle1

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »

The bx-25 can definitely be taken apart.  Don't know if anyone offers the service for it though.
indetrucks

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »

Ok so a recap of known (hi-cap) magazines which fit the HTA Bullpup 10/22 Stock:

-Ruger BX-25
-Eagle
-Butler Creek (must remove small nubs on the sides)
-Shooters Ridge
-Champion
-Ramline (known to be junk)

FYI, I found the cheapest Ruger BX-25 Mags here for only $20.73
http://grabagun.com/magazines/rifle-magazines-root/rifle-magazines/ruger-10-22-magazine-22lr-25rd-black.html

~Christian
indetrucks

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »

Another thing I noticed when searching for mags, the Eagle 10 round mags have a built in lever to act as an Extended Magazine Release making it easier to release the magazine.

Will this work with the HTA stock? if so, would that let me off the hook with getting the extended mag release from HTA?

~Christian
dntam

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »

The TI composite mags are excellent but expensive. They can be adjusted to fit an individual rifle. Replacement parts like followers and springs are available if needed. The parts look the same as what Ruger uses but I dont know if they are interchangeable.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:43:04 PM by dntam » Logged
ToneDeath

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »

Thumbs up for the TI's also. These mags are tough and will last a lifetime.
Thrashard340

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »

I can tell you guys that the Pro Mag ones DO NOT work with the 90/22.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 10:01:33 AM »

Hey Thrashard!

Thanks for posting! Just to clarify, you mean the Promag 50 round drums right? Because I believe the 25 round Promag/Archangel and the 32 round Promag smoked magazines do fit unless I'm mistaken. Thanks again for the post and your business Thrash!
Thrashard340

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »

You are correct.

The ones I refer to are the promag charger series which do not work. The charger series has a nub on the upper half of the magazine that won't clear the mag well.
Kalifornistan

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »

Indie....

While in Yuma last fall for the dove opener, I was picking up my license & dove stamp at Sprague's Sporting Goods and a BX-25 fell in my basket. IIRC it was $29.00

Most likely, I'm sure I'll spot another one in the basket this year  Shocked

-JIM
ArmyChief
^

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 04:01:06 PM »

What about the box-25's double mags?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/8-RUG-90398?
confessor19

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »

Nope, those don't work. Too wide.
ArmyChief
^

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

Thanks..anyone have a pic with the Eagle 30 round magazine installed?

Also a link to the Eagle mag?

Any preference of the BX-25 vs the Eagle?

I spoke with Andy last week and he advised me the left hand deflector should be ready in a few weeks.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »

Hey gang!

Thanks for the interest ArmyChief for the question and for the help Confessor!

As confessor stated, the BX-25 x 2 is too wide. We of course recommend waiting for our RM-25 which should have a doubler option available soon  Wink haha sorry for the delay on those. Eagle's do work and have worked well for us for that matter, however we notice the lips are susceptible to breaking/wearing more than a steel lipped mag. Here is a pic with one of the Eagle's in our kit. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much!

Andy and the team at HTA

* Eagle mag.jpg (342.82 KB, 1328x747 - viewed 1800 times.)
ArmyChief
^

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »

WAIT..RM-25?......whats that gonna be?...more info please?
Pic's
Artist rendering
Stick Figures
Chalk outlines?
Etch-A-Sketch?

Timeline for release?

Smiley
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »

Hey ArmyChief!

Here's a link to our RM-25 page. It's a 25 round magazine that we feel is probably the single most adaptive magazine available for the 10/22. It features a round count window, ability to finger assist the follower, a waffled body for grip, is made from a glass filled polymer like our other products, and utilizes steel feed lips.Moreover, it works in our 90/22 haha. Be sure and watch the video at the bottom of the page. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the mag. I'd be happy to answer! Thanks so much!

http://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTA1022RM25

Andy and the gang
ArmyChief
^

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »

Thanks Andy,

"available soon"?

Maybe same time as left handed deflector? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length