Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 12:24:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  My HTA 90-22 Built from a 10/22 with the Factory Flash Hider
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My HTA 90-22 Built from a 10/22 with the Factory Flash Hider  (Read 3294 times)
Boba Debt

« on: August 17, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I’m pretty sure I am the first person to post who has built this rifle with a 16.2” factory barrel / flash hider combo, which results in a rifle that is just a smidge over 26”.  Obviously you have to permanently attach the flash hider to the barrel to make it legal but it look great and can be done.

However, I wanted mine a little bit longer so I backed the flash hider off 3/16”.  Then I made a .700” OD  barrel shroud from electrical conduit and secured it with JB weld.  The shroud not only filled in the gap between the crush washer and the shoulder of the barrel, but it also made the front end look better.  Once the JB weld cured I pinned the flash hider and had it TIG welded.  Then I re-installed the barrel and it was exactly 26.25” long.

It’s may not be the easiest way to do this but I love the look:

I work a lot so I may not be able to reply to any posts quickly but I will be glad to answer any questions.

Thanks

Dogster

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

Lookin good!

Never argue with a fool, they will pull you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
Coolbreeze_937

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »

Looks awesome, Where did you get the flash finder from?
Boba Debt

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:19:44 AM »

Lookin good!

Looks awesome, Where did you get the flash finder from?

Thanks

The flash hider came on the factory 16.2" barrel and it is sold on a variety of 10/22s. 

This particular barrel came from a Talo Edition that came wit a factory installed side folding stock from ATI

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »

Awesome job Boba!! Thanks so much for making this your first post and welcome to the forum family! We are honored to have you here with us! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help and thanks for the fantastic info! I'm sure other shooters can make use of it! Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length