Most accurate round ?

<< < (7/7)

AZ2000:
Gear head said, "AZ, what powder are you using? What makes the "old" SMK's old? Was it old loaded rounds or an old style bullet design?"

For all of my 5.56 I use IMR 4320, my error when I said old I meant old load, that is 23.8 grns of powder as compared to new, which is 24.3 grns. 

I read the same thing about the 69 SMK working better in a 1:8 twist barrel, but when I shoot my 20" Bushmaster heavy barrel with 1:7 twist they are as accurate as my 77 SMK,  so thought I would give them a try.  Could be a lot of factors, but am thinking barrel harmonics could be effecting the 69's in the Tavor as the other AR's that I have, shot similar groups as the 77's.

genStrat:
Quote from: AZ2000 on August 25, 2013, 06:19:41 PM

I read the same thing about the 69 SMK working better in a 1:8 twist barrel, but when I shoot my 20" Bushmaster heavy barrel with 1:7 twist they are as accurate as my 77 SMK,  so thought I would give them a try.  Could be a lot of factors, but am thinking barrel harmonics could be effecting the 69's in the Tavor as the other AR's that I have, shot similar groups as the 77's.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Since cost is about the same, I'll continue getting the 77gr OTM (MK262 MOD 1.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page