Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 02:15:55 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Cleaning your 90/22
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cleaning your 90/22  (Read 3388 times)
Dev

« on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »

I had an Umarex HK MP-5 .22 and in the manual it mentions not to disassemble the two halves of the rifle ever to clean it.
 The way they instruct to clean it is using a aerosolized gun flush on the action to clean up the power and oil residue and then shake it out, let it dry and then re-lube.   

I have done this every 500 rounds for 3k rounds and never had a malfunction. The aerosolized powder blast drench would get most of the crud out and then I would clean up the bolt head with Q-tips. The barrel would be cleaned using an Otis patch system and all was well.

I plan to shoot my HTA to the point of malfunction and then clean it to see if this technique is effective so I can go much longer before disassembly.

The Angry Jew

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »

Please let me know how that works for you.  I have been pondering the best way to keep mine clean.
Dev

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »

I will. I think the best way to enjoy the 90/22 is to run it dirty.

Another way to clean it would be to dip the whole back end of the action in a bucket of hot soapy detergent and work the action good.

After a hot water rinse spray it down with one part Ballistol  to 20 parts water. The water will evaporate and a light film of Ballistol will be left behind so that it will not cause any corrosion. After that oil with Weapons Shied lubricant which is good for both  lubrication and corrosion resistance.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length