Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:16:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Let's ask Andy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Let's ask Andy.  (Read 67316 times)
NYHUNTER
New Posting Member

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 06:26:33 AM »

Thanks deputy for the quick reply...that save time and money..
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 11:09:14 AM »

Hey NYHunter and HK_Deputy!

Thanks so much for the question and quick reply! We really appreciate it! I've never actually handled an HCR3 so I wasn't quite sure how much wider it was but that makes total sense. We appreciate the input! Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA
NYHUNTER
New Posting Member

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »

Hey,   just wanted to point out.  I purchased this on Saturday, and received on Monday..couldnt be happier with the quick shipping...havnt had a chance to put together yet but soon enough...thanks for the quick ship Andy!!!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »

Glad it arrived ok! Thanks so much for the shoutout and of course your business as well! We all appreciate it very much. Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »

Purchased and installed this a month ago and now thinking of sbr route.  If I do I'm likely buying the sbr threaded bull barrel you sell.  My three questions are can the bull barrel fit to the regular 1022 receiver?  And where is everyone engraving theirs if doing sbr?  Lastly what would total length be I can probably figure it out but would like to know what people applying write down

Thanks
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2015, 12:42:41 PM »

Hey Hillbillyjim!

Thanks so much for your interest!

The bull barrel should fit any 10/22 receiver. In fact, the factory barrel actually starts off the same diameter as a bull barrel before it tapers down. So that shouldn't be an issue! Engraving is tougher because of how our charging handle works, however, some folks have done the engraving around the end of the barrel as it comes out of the stock. You could also do it on the barrel in the window where the rear sight would have been. Also, you could cut a small hole in the top of the stock beneath the mag box and engrave the receiver. There are options it just might take getting a little creative. Sorry about that- the design kind of makes it difficult for sbr users but it was the only way we could get the charging handle to work the way we wanted which we felt at the time was more important.

Finally the overall length of the stock is 21 inches but with the threading, you can figure about 21.5" in overall length. Let me know if you have any other questions and thank you very much for your interest! We appreciate it!

Andy and the team at HTA

jekbrown

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2016, 06:40:34 PM »

Considering getting a HTA 90/22 for an SBR build. I'm a stamp collector and wouldn't run one in 18.5" bbl configuration. At any rate, dumb questions

1. is the whole barrel collar thing needed for anything? I'd be inclined to not use one and to machine/dremel the plastic protrusion on the "face" of the stock as well unless it serves some kind of critical practical purpose. If I could get the shoulder of a threaded bbl to where it was only protruding about 1/8", I'd be happy.

2. Would machining out a small window in the side of the stock such that tiny-font receiver engraving was visible be a problem with respect to the structural integrity of the stock?

I know you guys have an SBR bbl specifically designed for the 90/22, I'd just like that extra inch if I can get it...
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »

Hey jekbrown!

Thanks so much for your time and interest! Not a dumb question at all!

1) The collar isn't needed, no. It's really just for the dummy suppressor and barrel bushings if using a factory barrel. You could definitely cut it off!

2) The material we use is quite strong- I see no issue with a small window. We'll back up the stock even if you goof it up so no worries haha!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with and thank you again for your questions and interest!

Andy and the team at HTA
yamadog35
^

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2016, 08:07:52 PM »

Jekbrown:  I've done some of what you're asking about although mine is two stamps.  As Andy said that front collar does nothing other than hold the fake can so it can be cut off.  I did that on mine.  I also cut a small window in the stock to expose a small area of engraving.  No problems, just careful cutting and Dremel there.  Where mine departs from yours is my barrel is about 9.25" at the end of the threads.  The can is 4.5" and I end up with about 1.25" of can past the end of the stock (with the collar cut off).   I started the project a long time ago and have just been too busy to finish so I don't have finished photos, but below is the only pic I took a while back showing the can as it will sit in the stock.  You can see that the collar is cut off at this point.  I've had to do a fair amount of material removal on the inside of the stock as well to make room for the can.  Running your barrel to the end of the stock will save you a lot of work  Grin

Andy's probably crying by now . . .

jekbrown

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2016, 08:37:25 PM »

this is a VERY informative picture. It looks like if you want to run a longer suppressor inside the stock you'd run into serious problems with the charging handle. I didn't even think about that. Now that I see the pic...yeah, I think it confirms my desire to go with the bbl shoulder juuust outside the front of the gun, after removing the factory protrusion there. Thanks amigo!!
yamadog35
^

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2016, 08:50:01 PM »

this is a VERY informative picture. It looks like if you want to run a longer suppressor inside the stock you'd run into serious problems with the charging handle. I didn't even think about that. Now that I see the pic...yeah, I think it confirms my desire to go with the bbl shoulder juuust outside the front of the gun, after removing the factory protrusion there. Thanks amigo!!

Yeah, I like projects so it's all good, but after I got started I did run into a lot of "Oh crap, didn't think about that."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length