Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:24:02 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Let's ask Andy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Let's ask Andy.  (Read 67317 times)
wbassett

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2013, 03:44:10 AM »

Hey wbasset!

As Boba pointed out, the width would prohibit the use of the mag release and other controls, especially in our kit. We could look into something for that though. I'll let you know what I can find out! Thanks for the great question! The expanded capacity rotary mag design has kind of been done to a certain extent Tone- thanks for your inquiry as well! The tear drop shaped magazine operate on a similar principal if I remember correctly. Let me know if you guys have any other questions- thanks!!

Andy and the team at HTA

OR...

Maybe we the end users can try to come up with a way to dress up the 10/22 banana mag with some sort of external shell below the HTA90/22 stock Smiley
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »

Hey wbasset! I see what you're saying. I think Promag makes something like that already. Maybe HTA could get into that market as well though! Thanks for all the questions and posts!

Andy and the team
Boba Debt

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »

Maybe we the end users can try to come up with a way to dress up the 10/22 banana mag with some sort of external shell below the HTA90/22 stock Smiley

I still don't think you understand what I was saying.

The area directly behind the mag is how you access the bolt and mag release.

How could access those controls if you cover them with a shell?

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »

Hey Boba and wbasset!

Happy Labor Day btw!! I think it could be done it were tapered inside the mag well to give the release room to rock forward. It would only have to be wide on the outside of the well, not necessarily inside. Although, I must confess, I think this would make for an exceptionally ugly mag outside of our stock haha. If it was just a sleeve, no big deal though. Just a thought. Not saying it's a for sure on HTA's next project list, but if enough people want it, it will be built. Thanks so much guys! Let me know your thoughts!

Andy and the team at HTA
wbassett

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »

Hey Boba and wbasset!

Happy Labor Day btw!! I think it could be done it were tapered inside the mag well to give the release room to rock forward. It would only have to be wide on the outside of the well, not necessarily inside. Although, I must confess, I think this would make for an exceptionally ugly mag outside of our stock haha. If it was just a sleeve, no big deal though. Just a thought. Not saying it's a for sure on HTA's next project list, but if enough people want it, it will be built. Thanks so much guys! Let me know your thoughts!

Andy and the team at HTA
Exactly, or like the Mossberg 702 mags that have the magazine release incorporated in the mag itself.

Anything can be done Smiley
Some things are just harder to do than others.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »

Exactly, or like the Mossberg 702 mags that have the magazine release incorporated in the mag itself.

Anything can be done Smiley
Some things are just harder to do than others.

Truer words were never spoken! Where there's a will, there's a way. I'll start looking at what that "way" might be. Thanks so much wbasset!!

Andy and the team at HTA
kmwaters91
New Posting Member

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2013, 03:43:35 AM »

Hey Andy I've been eyeing the 90/22 for awhile now and just wanted to say great design! It looks very well thought out and I really appeciate the igenuity in things like this. I may purchase one around new years, but I do have a couple questions. First, is the trigger metal or plastic? Second, what is the outside diameter of the lug that the faux suppressor attatches to? I ask because I may have an idea for somthing I could to use make an aluminum faux suppressor. Honestly that's the only turn off for me is the look of the plastic suppressor. From the videos and pictures I've seen it has a pretty noticeable seem and just doesn't look all that great to me.. Though lighting, cameras etc. may have made it look more noticeable than it really is, so could you possibly post some up close pictures of the suppressor from different angles? Also lets see some HD pics of those new camo finishes  Cool
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »

Hey Kmwaters!

Sorry for the delay on this- I keep forgetting I have a new question in this thread! Thanks for bearing with me!

The trigger is made of polymer but the rod that links the front polymer trigger to the rear trigger is a high grade steel rod that's hardened to reduce as much flex as possible.

The lug on the end of the stock is approximately 1.150". If you come up with something cool, please share it with us! We are still working on our own method of attaching a metal suppressor and we would love to see what others come up with!

The files are pretty massive for the camo stocks. Is there one in particular you want to see? I don't have true HD on many of them really since we reduce them to make them easier to load and work on, but here's a little bigger file of one of our biggest sellers, Reaper Z.

Thanks so much kmw! We appreciate your time and interest! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Andy and the team at HTA

* 9022 Reaper Z.jpg (126.43 KB, 822x636 - viewed 801 times.)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

The Raid turned out nice as well! Here's another. Again if you want one in particular just let me know! Thanks!

Andy

* Kryptek Raid.jpg (404.21 KB, 2060x1500 - viewed 2066 times.)
The Angry Jew

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »

Shiny!
SiestaKeyJ

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2014, 09:25:43 PM »

Andy,  this is under the ammo box / fake mag, so it's not in plain sight, but did I not tighten something correctly to get this gap? Any fixes?  -J

* 20140124_192833.jpg (1867.2 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 712 times.)

* 20140124_192847.jpg (1539.61 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 695 times.)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »

Hey Siesta! Thanks so much for your business and your question!

Sorry for the delay on the reply here! I've been pretty busy and just remembered this question was asked here! Unfortunately, that gap does show up on most kits. There just wasn't much we could do to tighten that area. As you mentioned, it is covered, but I can understand your desire to tighten it up. We'll do our best to come up with a solution and pass that info along when we have something. Thanks so much Siesta! We appreciate it!If there is anything I can do at all, please let me know!

Andy and the team at HTA
Newhouse

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

Andy,
Any sales on the 10 rd magazine coupler?  I need 5 of them.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2014, 11:22:57 AM »

Hey Newhouse!

Hope all is well and thanks for your interest! In honor of your request and the fantastic customer base we enjoy, we'll do a President's Day sale all this week on mag couplers and mag and bolt releases. 20% mag couplers and 30% off mag and bolt releases. Thanks for the great suggestion Newhouse! We appreciate your business and everyone else's here on bullpup forum!!

Andy and the team at HTA
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:01 PM »

Andy,

Will you be out at the Bullpup Shoot 2014?  I think you would be a great addition and I would personally love to try one of your stocks in person!

Definitely consider coming out with some of your products, you really have a winner there!

Sven
Manticore Arms
Newhouse

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »

Hey Newhouse!

Hope all is well and thanks for your interest! In honor of your request and the fantastic customer base we enjoy, we'll do a President's Day sale all this week on mag couplers and mag and bolt releases. 20% mag couplers and 30% off mag and bolt releases. Thanks for the great suggestion Newhouse! We appreciate your business and everyone else's here on bullpup forum!!

Andy and the team at HTA

Andy, I have placed the order for the couplers.  I wished other vendors are like you.  Thanks. 
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »

Hey gang!

Thanks for the business Newhouse! We really appreciate it!

We will certainly do our best to attend this year's show. We feel bad to have dogged Sgt P. for so long. He has most graciously invited HTA for the past 2 years, but due to time and budget constraints, a trip to Bullpup Graceland wasn't in the cards. This year we're hoping it is different! Thanks so much for everything friends! You guys are truly the best customers any company has ever had the luxury of serving. If we can do anything else at all, just say the word!

Andy and the team at HTA
Newhouse

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »

Hey Andy,
Got the couplers today  Grin. Very quick shipping.   I will use them tomorrow.    Evil Evil
Thank You.
NYHUNTER
New Posting Member

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »

Hi all,  just joined and just waiting on the HTA to come...I am interested in purchasing the HC type mags for this build up...When speaking with Andy regarding this Mag fitment, he stated that there could be an issue with it...anyone have experiences with this mag and fitment with the 90/22?  thanks for the help..
hk_deputy
^

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2015, 08:43:25 AM »

Welcome to the forum NYHUNTER.  Grin   To answer your question, No they will not fit due to the thickness of the magazines unless you seriously alter the stock.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length