Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:31:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Let's ask Andy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Let's ask Andy.  (Read 67318 times)
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »

I can't wait to see those barrels, Andy!  Any word on price?

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
The Angry Jew

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »

I was going to purchase a Yankee Hill threaded barrel but they are now out of stock...been looking at an E Arthur Brown Barrel and Tactical flash hider.  Anyone have any dealings with them?
http://www.eabco.com/store/ruger-10/22-accessories/threaded-ruger-10/22-accuracy-barrel-blue/
A few ideas for ya Andy.
1.  How about adding a map to the website so all of us 9022 owners can find each other.  Maybe a forum on the site so we can swap ideas?
2.  Are you planning any kind of cap or ring for the end of the stock to give the piece a more finished look for those of us who are choosing not to mount the mock suppressor? 
3.  I know this will be in the future but I would like to inquire about bulk purchases.  From the reaction I have been getting from those who have handled mine, I might just be able to make a small fortune selling them for you at our local gun shows, and to gun shops.  What do you say there Andy?

Finally getting to the range this weekend to test mine out.  I know it is going to be worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!
Dogster

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

Finally found a 10/22 with an 18.5 barrel, but am considering getting a stainless bull barrel that has been threaded. What are the differences regarding installation in the kit? Will the supplied shroud allow use of the bull threaded, with a suppressor or brake? Also managed to pick up some BX-25s and a couple of Hot Lips steel 32 round. Impatient for the kit, but I know you guys are really humping to get them to us. I have spent the last few days reading the comments on your kit, and got to say I am impressed by both the comments and your super fast response to any & all questions/problems. Restores my faith in the industry, despite what some TV people do!

Never argue with a fool, they will pull you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the kind words Dogster! We hope to have one soon for you! Sorry for the long wait on the list! We are working as hard as we can to get these out.

Ironically, despite the kind words form Dogster about quick responses, I realized I missed a comment from TAJ and Plinker. Sorry guys!!

Ok Plinker: Barrels are being worked on and a prototype will be featured in a video soon, we think Cheesy Price will be around $175-200 and will depend on features and how much it costs us to make en mass. Thanks for your interest and questions!

TAJ: Thanks for all the great questions and sorry I missed these! Because we use a template, a forum on our site would be tough. We kind of rely on BPF for that and so far it works out pretty well. Plus, putting a list of people who own guns and where they live on our site might make some angry customers haha. Maybe we could make a thread here for people who want to get together/see where other owners are. We were looking at making a mini quad rail for the suppressor lug- let me know if that makes sense. No timeline on that sorry. It's just conceptual and we don't know how well it would sell yet. More research needed haha! Bulk purchases are very much a possibility. We have been asked by a number of people about bulk buys and are definitely considering it. Understand it could be months before we have that option, however. We just have a lot to try to do and need to get caught up on demand before we can give any details on a group buy/bulk purchase. We will see though! Thanks so much Angry Jew!

We appreciate everything guys and sorry again for the late response to both of you! Thanks again for the kind words Dogster!

Andy and the team at HTA
The Angry Jew

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »

LOL Andy...wasn't suggesting you list street addresses, just by city or something.
posttal

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »

Personally I think a quad rail might make it too heavy...I had posted a picture of my HTA with the a spikes tactical slide on suppressor which weighs 6.5 OZ's and with a full 25 rd mag and the ammo storage box full and a BSA red dot the gun is really heavy. Not necessarily too heavy but I think it defeats the purpose of having a small bullpup riffle. Granted the side rails on the gun now are small but they're fine for a simple red dot or a flashlight..what else do you really need.  Of course if you look at the pictures of my gun I posted the other day you will see one with a knife mounted  on the side rail ..  haha... but I took it off after finding I couldn't fit the gun in the safe with it on. My AK and AR are loaded and heavy . . that's why I really like the light feel of this gun...after all how much do you need on it to kill zombies.

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
http://ralphscorner.homestead.com/index.html
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »

Hey guys! Thanks for the suggestions Posttal- you make many valid points!

Haha I figured you were talking about something a little less precise and that was my ill-conceived attempt at humor. We could certainly look into something but it will probably take some level of coding and modifying existing stuff, which was never my forte. I'll look into it though! Thanks so much guys!

Andy and the team
The Angry Jew

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »

The quad rail seems like it might be a bit of overkill.  I have a light/laser combo on on one side rail and the other is bare.  Since I added the bull barrel, the piece is slightly nose heavy and I just cant see what else I would want to hang on it.
What I was thinking was just a plastic cap or ring (color matched?) bored out to .920 to be used in place of the mock suppressor for us bull barrel guys.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »

Hey TAJ!

We could do that pretty easy I suppose- thanks for the great suggestion!

Are you thinking it would go over the dummy suppressor mount? It may need to be a little bigger than .920 or are you talking about a sleeve to make bulls the same diameter as that mount? Thanks Angry Jew!!

Andy and the team at HTA
Dogster

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »

Andy, I have a lightweight fluted barrel that is .875 diameter. Is this going to give me problems? Should I just go ahead and purchase a .920?

Never argue with a fool, they will pull you down to their level and then beat you with experience!
ToneDeath

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »

Maybe HTA could offer some different diameter barrel bushings. Like for the Brownells 10/22 ARM4 style barrel.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

Hey Dogster and Tone Death!

A .875" barrel is tricky, unfortunately. The problem is, the bushings won't fit that and it will be loose in the stock without them. You could maybe have a machinist ream the bushings out to .875", but that won't leave much material left. Instead, I think this might be a candidate for glass bedding. That is to say, use epoxy and a release agent to bed your barrel into the stock. Then pop the barrel out, and you'll have a perfect built in bushing. The downside to that design is that removing the epoxy would be tough if you decide on another barrel later. Let me know if we can assist in any way! As for making other bushings, it would depend a lot on how much demand there would be. If we only sell 1 or 2, a $7000 mold is probably a poor investment haha. If we machine them, even if we make 100 or more, they could cost as much as $15 a piece. But if demand is there, we will do it! Hopefully others who want something like that can chime in. Thanks so much guys!

Andy and the gang at HTA
Dogster

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »

Thanks, Andy. I was hoping for an easy fix, as the barrel weighs just 1.25 lbs.! As it is new, I will just return it for a .920 & suck up the extra weight!

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »

Hey Dogster!

Sorry about that- at least you have that option though. If I can do anything else to assist please let me know and I will take care of it! Thanks again!

Andy and the team at HTA
wbassett

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 02:30:51 AM »

Hi Andy...

After seeing the Terminator rail kit on your stock I am going to be pulling the trigger! (pun intended Smiley )

Question though, do you or does anyone out there know if the 10/22 has a 'fat mag' like the Mossberg 702?  That's the only thing I don't like about any .22 pup... the mag is way too skinny.  I guess next question would be if there is a 'fat mag' available, would it fit the stock?  I'm thinking the answers are no and no, but it's worth asking!  I was one of the guys asking about the Terminator rail kit and that got answered Smiley
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2013, 08:32:29 AM »

wbasset!

Thanks for posting at us with the great question! Glad we could solve the terminator rail question!

As for the "fat mag" question- I'm not entirely sure what you mean by fat mag sorry. Are you referring to the width? If so, 10/22 mags are some of the widest magazine for any gun, centerfire or rimfire. I think a BX25 is about 1 1/4" wide. So if that is what you mean by fat, then the 10/22 is the gun for you my friend! Let me know if that helps or if I'm way off haha. Thanks again webasset!!

Andy and the team
wbassett

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »

Bad terminology on my part, sorry about that.

What I mean is mags like Mossberg has for their 702.  They look more like an AR mag than an anemic .22 banana mag.
Boba Debt

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »

That would not work, you would not be able to get to the mag release if the mag were as wide as an AR type mag
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:01:47 AM by Boba Debt » Logged

ToneDeath

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »

I've often wondererd why no one ever re-worked that rotary design wih higher capacities.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »

Hey wbasset!

As Boba pointed out, the width would prohibit the use of the mag release and other controls, especially in our kit. We could look into something for that though. I'll let you know what I can find out! Thanks for the great question! The expanded capacity rotary mag design has kind of been done to a certain extent Tone- thanks for your inquiry as well! The tear drop shaped magazine operate on a similar principal if I remember correctly. Let me know if you guys have any other questions- thanks!!

Andy and the team at HTA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length