Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Let's ask Andy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Let's ask Andy.  (Read 67319 times)
dhawkins

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »

Hi there. I am considering one of these for one of my two 10/22s and had a couple of questions: 1) I assume this stock needs to be fitted to a Ruger 10/22 and that a Volquartsen superlight 10/22 type receiver will not work (different hole patterns, but same measurements for the most part)?; and second, how about aftermarket trigger and trigger guards (KIDD, Volquartsen, etc.) - I think the guards are a bit wider/shaped differently than the Ruger stock and wanted to see if this would create a problem when installing.

Thanks,

Danny
ToneDeath

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »

Andy, I know someone asked this before. Could a person remove the front portion of the stock that excepts the fake suppressor? If you were going to run a dedicated bull barrel is it really needed for support?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »

Hey Madmat, ToneDeath, and Danny!

Thanks for the great questions! We appreciate it very much!

Madmat: Sorry I missed all these, this forum is getting big! The answer is in the main forum for our kit, my last posting. If I can answer any other questions just let me know! Thanks for your interest!

Danny: Thanks for the question regarding receivers- the upper portion is a little more critical, mostly because a lot of the stock indexes off of this portion- the height, width, length, and mounting screw location are all critical dimensions. However, the lower trigger housing is not all that critical dimensionally. In fact, worst case scenario, if you had to carve some of that material away, you could do that too. Again, the upper unit being pretty close to factory spec is the important one. Hope that helps!

ToneDeath: You could definitely machine away that front lug if you wanted too. It's not structurally critical, just gives the dummy suppressor a place to attach on. There are several people with SBR's who have asked about that too and who are planning on having a gun smith cut it down to the front of the kit and just leave enough barrel for some threads. Hope that helps too!

Thanks so much guys! If there is anything else I can do please let me know! As for our UK and international friends, we'll be looking into that more but we need more demand. Tell your friends!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA
posttal

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »

Hey Andy..You may have answered this before but if you remember I'm a newbie here and cant find an answer to this....will a stock ruger trimag work with this kit...I'm going to look at yet another gun tomorrow this time with a 18.5 length instead of the 16.12 like the last one..and the guy says it has the stock trimag...if it doesn't work I'll try and get the gun cheaper...eventually I'll pick up the BK-25 mag...he actually has one but wants an additional 40 bucks for it...But I think thats a bit much for a BK-25 mag......Thanks
Ralph

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
http://ralphscorner.homestead.com/index.html
ToneDeath

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

I believe all a Trimag is is a clamp that holds 3 mags together. The mags in that configuration will not fit into the magwell  of the 90/22. However if you remove the mags from the Trimag housing  (clamp) the single mag will work fine.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »

Hey Postal and ToneDeath!! (Thanks for the assistance TD)

Thanks for the questions and never feel bad about asking them, whether they have been before or not! That's what I am here for!

The Trialingator mag system is a no go unfortunately. It's just too wide. We are developing our own 2 mag system. Some are out there already but ours will be a pretty robust system by comparison. As for the BX25, as someone pointed out, CDNNsports.com has them for 29.99 w/ free ship coupon on orders of $99 or more. (I think the code was something like fs99 or FS99 or something like that). Also, Cabelas.com has them too I heard. Either way, 40 for a BX is a little steep these days, as they are coming back down to near normal pricing now. Hope that helps Ralph! I appreciate the questions, please let me know if I can do anything else!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA

ToneDeath

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »

A couple more you may want to look at are:

Tactical Innovations TI 25 at  http://www.tacticalinc.com/

HC3R  at https://hcmags.com/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:31:28 PM by ToneDeath » Logged
posttal

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 10:13:31 PM »

I feel like such an idiot...Keep in mind I've never owned a 10/22..till today. I picked up a 2 week old 10/22 today..model 1151..got it for 200 bucks and it had the factory 10 rd rotary mag which I asked Andy the other day if it would work. Now after seeing what a rotary mag actually is of course it wont work..duh,theres nothing to hold on to..I feel so stupid. So now i'm looking for either a BX-25 mag or a Butler Creek..it looks like the butler creek has plastic feed lips and the BX has metal...if that's the case its a no brainer. I appreciate the answers I've received here even when the question sounds like a easy answer..Now that I actually have my 10/22 I have to  research trigger work, mag release extensions and see if there's a way to make it easier to hold the bolt open ..any other 10/22 issues or any thoughts.I heard somewhere that the 10/22 have an issue with the safety sometime not releasing ..is this an issue too? ?  Oh and Andy now that I have my 10/22 the balls in HTA's court,just waiting on that e-mail now  Smiley

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
brian.z

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 07:01:38 AM »

Posttal,

The Ruger factory 10rd magazine does work.  You can't do fast mag changes but you can still seat the magazine with little trouble and it drops quite easily when the mag release is used.  It's not ideal, but for those of use in disarmament states it is all we have.  Now if you are talking about the Trimag clamp that is a different story.  That, like Andy said, would not work. 
posttal

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2013, 07:45:07 AM »

Are you talking about the factory rotary mag that sits flush in the reciever..I don't see how you could get your fingers up to it once the ruger receiver is incased by the HTA shell ? I found some of the BX-25 mags for 29.95 and the butler creek steel lipped mags for 19.95..I'm thinking the BX mags for 10 bucks more are the better of the two . From what I read the butler creek spring is a coiled spring not a normal zig zaged spring and its been know to cause tilting of the feed plate and jams...anyone have one ?

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
brian.z

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »

I am indeed talking about the magazine that sits flush, pictured below.  It does take a bit of a wiggle to get it positioned correctly and an extra press to ensure it's seated, but it does work.

* ruger.jpg (65.68 KB, 880x660 - viewed 661 times.)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

Hey Brian and Postal! (Thanks for filling in Brian!)

Postal, you can use the mags shown like Brian said. Extended mags just work better is all.  Also, we are coming out very soon with a magazine coupling device for making standard mags fit on top of each other to really aid in the release and insertion of mags. Watch for that! Hope that helps Postal! Thanks so much for your interest! Sorry for the late reply, we've been swamped! Thanks again,

Andy and the gang at HTA
posttal

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

Andy,
Does the stock ruger iron sight need any modification for the mock suppressor ? As we had talked before I'm getting my ruger barrel threaded..when they do this the iron sight will be moved back an inch to make room for the threads.They can also thread the barrel and not put back on the iron sights. But if possible I'd like them back on in case down the road I sell it the 10/22. I've seen side views of the mock suppressor but can't seem to find a front view. I was curious as to how the mock suppressor goes around the factory sights without wobble or if it went into some type of keyway ?
Thanks

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »

Thanks for the question Postal!

The front sight does not need to be removed and nor does it need to be on. The suppressor locates off the stock and not off the barrel, so you can do pretty much anything you want to the barrel, so long as it is 18" or longer. The opening on the front of the suppressor is made oversized so as to prevent any suppressing action from actually occurring. Hope that helps Postal! Thanks again for great question!

Andy and the team at HTA
ToneDeath

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »

Andy, can you give us some idea of the order count number that you are processing now?
Sly Dog

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »

I was order number 248 on Friday.
posttal

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »

So I guess us guys that just signed up for the newsletter at the beginning of the week are gonna have a long wait  Embarrassed

Posttal AKA Ralph
Cleveland,Ohio
ToneDeath

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »

Andy, will this barrel work with the 90/22 ?  If it won't work is it just the split barrel bushing that would be the issue ?  

Brownells 10/22 M4 barrel

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ruger-10-22-m4-style-barrel-prod31917.aspx

SPECS: 4140 steel, black oxide finish. .22 LR. 18" (45.7cm) long, .920" (23.4mm) O.D. at receiver, .700" (17.8mm) O.D. at muzzle. 1-14" RH twist rifling.
ToneDeath

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »

Where's Andy been?  Andy you must be busy putting together kits, any input on the above barrel working with your kit?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »

Hey ToneDeath!!

I apologize- we have been busy as can be around here and we are doing our best to manage new orders and new products all at the same time. Sorry for missing your earlier question- I must have completely missed that email alert. Very sorry!!

As for your question, that barrel will fit, but the bushing's will likely need some modification since they are designed for the taper barrel. It would not be too difficult to do, but just something to consider anyway. We are also designing our own barrels which we should have protos for real soon. They will have the integral flash hider, they will work with our bushings, and they will have a Melonite finish for a barrel that will outlive the user and still stay clean as can be. Just food for thought  Grin

Thanks so much ToneDeath! Hope that helps and sorry again for the missed message! I am VERY sorry!

Andy and the team
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length