Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 04:35:35 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Let's ask Andy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Let's ask Andy.  (Read 67315 times)
ToneDeath

« on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »

Andy, will you please give us some updated info on the progress of the HTA 90/22 ?
I feel your Bullpup has some real advantages of the competition and hope to build one soon.

TD
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »

Hey ToneDeath!

Thanks for the shout-out haha! I don't know if what I have to say warrants my own category.

Things are coming along very well. We get good news in spurts. A little here and a little there. We also get bad news from time to time and we are extremely sorry to you all for that. We wish we could have had these out sooner and we cannot begin to express how grateful we are for all of you guys and your patience. I suppose we are only a matter of weeks away from shipping- in fact a few early units have already gone out. We just need some more lawyer approval for the manual and the last of the parts. These are the parts that have given us problems all along, but we think we've got them now haha.

Thanks again for everything ToneDeath! Please let me know what else we can do to help and please feel free to shout out other questions gang!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA
zeramant86

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:53 AM »

I know I've seen that teardrop mags won't work with this and drums, just because of the size, but are there any mags we should look for or avoid specifically for this kit?

For example, I've got a couple of HC3R mags, will they work with this, or have they been tried?
ToneDeath

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure the tactical innovations TI25 Mags will work. They are in my opinion the very best Mag for the 10/22 and the only adjustable one I know of.  The HC3R mags are very intteresting and look to be built quite well also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BGVKFnJUA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ToneDeath

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »

Andy,

Will the metal charging handle be a issue with the .920 aluminum bull barrels? It looks as if
it rides along the barrel and wear on the barrel may be a concern.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the late reply on the mag question! I just found it now!

Alright, as far as I can tell all mags which meet these 2 requirements will work: 1) At no point in the first 2-3 inches of the magazine does the mag exceed the width of factory 10/22 mags (which is why drums and tear drops are out, because they have widths that flare out). 2) The mag does not have extra material too far forward on the mag which may interfere with the font of our magwell. The only example of the latter stipulation would be those mags which are designed to look like STANAG mags. These or our stock could probably be modified to accept them however. Hope that helps!

As for ToneDeath's barrel/CH question, we designed the CH with that problem in mind and gave barrels (even .920") hardy amounts of clearance on both sides. There is about .050" of gap between the two, and the stock tracks the travel of the CH well enough that it won't ever have a chance to contact it really. The one tip we can offer to help prevent scratches is to use a cloth during assembly to buffer the CH from the barrel. Once you have the assembly almost complete, before you bolt on the other half, carefully slide the cloth out, leaving the barrel unscratched. You could also put some high heat tape on the inside edges of the CH to guarantee that even if it did rub the barrel, it wouldn't leave marks. Let me know if that makes any sense or if I can offer any more hints and tips. I've put more than one of these together haha. Thanks so much for the great questions guys!

Andy and the team

ToneDeath

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »

Andy,

Will extra parts be available to us for the 90/22?  I like to keep replacements around. I would think the HTA trigger assembly would be a wear item I'd like to have. Will the fake suppressor be available in aluminum?

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »

Hey ToneDeath!

We certainly can offer the ability to buy extra parts. Please send me an email when you get your order email from us and I will try to find a way to pack in the extra parts as well as develop a pricing plan for people who want extras. The suppressor may one day be offered in aluminum or steel, but the cost of making a fake suppressor isn't all that much cheaper than making a real one. We would still need to get the cutting and stamping dies made which are expensive, then there is the material and assembly as well. It's pretty much making a real suppressor without the baffles. If we got enough demand for them, we might be able to do it- so people reading this, please let me know if this interests you! Thanks ToneDeath!

Andy and the team at HTA
javaduke

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »

Andy, +1 to an aluminum suppressor. Based on your video, most parts look extremely well made, but the plastic suppressor looks a bit cheap. Perhaps an aluminum one can be offered as an extra option. The steel one is probably not a good idea because of an added weight.
Sly Dog

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

I would definitely pay for an aluminium barrel shroud if HTA made one. Another option would be to use a threaded barrel shroud. I have one from tacticool22.com, but I'm not sure how well it would mate up to the stock and would probably have to be cut down to length. They have many different types and lengths. You guys should check them out.
mission critical
^

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »

Andy, would it be possible to post some pictures of the 90/22 kit with a .920 bull barrel?

I'm wondering if a .920 bull barrel might provide enough, aesthetically, to obviate the need for a barrel shroud, while also providing the user with all the benefits normally associated with a .920 bull barrel?

Also, I seem to recall you mentioning something about HTA Custom Barrels... any info on those?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:22:39 PM by mission critical » Logged
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »

Hey Gang!

Thanks for being patient! Things are CRAZY here. Ok here is the picture as requested. It's not super hi-res but it will give you an idea anyway. Hope that helps. As for the shroud, we will definitely put it on the list of things to explore and figure out cost structure on. I'll be sure to keep you in the know if we were to develop something like that! Thanks again for everything guys!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA

* Bullbarrel bullpup.png (498.78 KB, 1688x550 - viewed 876 times.)
mission critical
^

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »

Hey Gang!

Thanks for being patient! Things are CRAZY here. Ok here is the picture as requested. It's not super hi-res but it will give you an idea anyway. Hope that helps. As for the shroud, we will definitely put it on the list of things to explore and figure out cost structure on. I'll be sure to keep you in the know if we were to develop something like that! Thanks again for everything guys!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA

Thank you for posting the pic of HTA's 90/22 kit with bull barrel, Andy!

Greatly appreciated!

Regards,
MC
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

No worries MC! My pleasure!

Andy
ToneDeath

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »

When we get our email conformation are we limited to just one stock at this time?
brian.z

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »

When we get our email conformation are we limited to just one stock at this time?
Here is a line pulled from the order info e-mail I received...
"Also, we would greatly appreciate it if each customer stuck to a one stock per customer rule. It's on the honor system, but we would really appreciate it if you were considerate of your fellow shooters. More stocks will be available very soon!"
bretj

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 06:11:38 PM »

For those of us interested in an SBR variant, are there provisions to allow for viewing the required receiver engraving? If so, what part of the receiver is visible?
ToneDeath

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »

Sounds fare to me,  thanks Brian.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:50 PM »

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the buzz and kind words! We've been getting some really positive stuff!

As for Brett's question, we didn't include a window for the serial number for both aesthetic reasons and because mechanically, there is a lot going on in the area around the serial number inside the stock, namely the charging handle op rod. However, there is a great place you could carve out a little material from right below the mag box. It will be covered by the dummy mag anyway, once it's installed- you may want to check the legality of having it covered first. It would be really easy to make it not covered (just remove the mag in about 2 seconds). Otherwise, you could do it to the barrel, although that's not the most ideal method. I would check with your local law/gunsmith. They can hook you up on the legality for your federal, state, county, town laws etc.

Hope that helps Brett- thanks so much for the great question and please let me know if I can help in any other way!

Cheers,

Andy and the team at HTA
madmat
New Posting Member

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »

Hi Andy,

I posted this in one of the other threads but its become quite large so not sure if you've seen it.  Is there any possibility of shipping over the pond to the UK?

Thanks in advance
Mat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length