Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2021, 07:24:59 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Hunting with the MDR/MDRX
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hunting with the MDR/MDRX  (Read 144 times)
coldboremiracle

« on: July 20, 2021, 10:44:01 PM »

I thought for sure there was already a specific hunting thread for the MDR/X, but I'm not seeing one. But it seems like a pretty relevant topic, as there seems to be quite a few folks hunting with them.

I guess I'll start with one of my own. My wife used the MDRX to take her first antelope last fall, if you'd like to see and hear the whole story, its right here:
https://coldboremiracle.com/2021/07/15/the-arc-of-the-pronghorn/

"It was September, and the cool air that covered the desert prairie was heavy with anticipation. The sun had just crested over the distant hills and as we had planned, we lay there looking over the sagebrush covered flats watching antelope roam. With her shivering hands cupping a warm drink, she smiled an eager smile..."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:02:55 PM by coldboremiracle » Logged

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
lafrance
^

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »

Maybe some day in the future, we too can have a MDRX 6ARC.  Hope so!  Guess we'll have to shoot 65CM until then.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 09:18:12 AM »

Maybe some day in the future, we too can have a MDRX 6ARC.  Hope so!  Guess we'll have to shoot 65CM until then.
I hope so, its pretty damn awesome in the MDRX.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
WIndstorm

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »

I hope so, its pretty damn awesome in the MDRX.

Honestly? I壇 love factory options for 6ARC, Grendel and 7.62x39. They all use the same case head and thus the same bolt, and a side panel set up for grendel or 6ARC would handle 7.62x39 brass just fine. I知 sure a lot of us would enjoy the economy x39 would offer too!  Grin

The other caliber I壇 love to see would be the SiG .277 Fury Bi-metal case they developed for the NGSW program, and are bringing to commercial market. Uses the standard .308 case head, the only issue is the higher magnitude bolt thrust which I知 pretty sure the MDRX could handle just fine.

Back on the hunting topic, I値l be taking mine out to deer hunt with this fall, so we値l see how that goes.
lafrance
^

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 01:18:43 PM »

My conversations with EST were to go the side eject option.  Then the only modification is to the open up the bolt face.  That is, if your OK with side eject.  Hopefully EST will have his own gas block in the near future.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 03:04:55 PM »

Back on the hunting topic, I値l be taking mine out to deer hunt with this fall, so we値l see how that goes.

I've had pretty good luck with mine:

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
coldboremiracle

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »

Got me a few chucks recently with the MDRX as well

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length