Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2021, 06:24:06 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Light Primer Strikes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Light Primer Strikes  (Read 177 times)
Wingsparky

« on: July 11, 2021, 01:21:47 AM »

Third time out with my Gen 1 MDR in .223.  First time after a hundred rounds fired I starting getting some light primer strikes.  Last two times after 60-75 rounds fired I'm getting the light primer strikes.  Occurs with multiple ammo brands.  AE 62 gr green tip, AE 55 gr, PPU 55 GR and Wolf Gold 55 gr.  All rounds subsequently shot out of an AR and all went bang.  Not a problem with the ammo as far as I can tell.  Anyone else have any issues with this?  I plan on contacting Desert Tech on Monday but thought I would ask here too.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:23:33 AM by Wingsparky » Logged
Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 04:20:05 AM »

There can be a ton of different causes.  Firing pin channel obstruction, bolt carrier travel obstruction, bolt carrier assembly not installed all the way into the upper, barrel extension no longer headspacing correctly with the bolt carrier assembly, rubber buttpad containing the recoil buffer bending backwards against your shoulder under stress causing the bolt carrier assembly to be not all the way into the upper like above...you'd need to take a lot of pictures of specific parts of the gun or send it into DT service.

Only the third time out?  Your devotion is weak
waveslayer
^

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »

I'd make sure the bolt carrier has all the oil cleaned out of it where the firing pin goes.

Sometimes if there is enough left over oil in it it will cause it to act like a hydraulic and you'll get light primer strikes

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Disgruntled Bpfcom User

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »

Oh yeah, check to make sure the bolt guide pin that holds the bolt in your carrier doesn't have any friction with the firing pin too
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 11:37:31 AM »

What everyone else said and check to see that your firing pin isn't damaged and protrudes adequately enough to ignite the primer.

Kurt
Wolvenhaven

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 11:38:10 AM »

This was happening to me shortly before it just stopped working due to my thread of issues http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=15284.0  so I would check the gas piston and the face of the oprod and make sure they look fine and not bent/mushroomed/flattened/dinged in any way.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »

What magazines are you using OP?

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length