Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2021, 08:48:40 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  NATO BHO use in later 2020 Trigger group
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NATO BHO use in later 2020 Trigger group  (Read 114 times)
Major54

« on: May 02, 2021, 03:52:17 PM »

I have been beating the bushes to locate a 2020 trigger pack to go with an A3M1 that Herbert Wohlmuth graciously hand selected a 16” barrel for about 3 years ago. From a careful bench rest, the rifle will do sub-MOA groups with good quality commercial and our issued ammo but that doesn’t translate to the same accuracy in the type of active courses run to qualify for patrol carbine use. Qualification isn’t the issue as much as the practical usability of the guns inherent accuracy is. Add in the NATO required stock setup, required for mag interchangeability and thus my question.

Can a NATO pack BHO be used in a 2020 trigger pack? Finding one is still a task but it’s only taken me a couple of years to question whether the BHO will still function at all with the 2020 should I eventually find one. Thanks for any feedback and the usual “if anyone has a 2020 they would be willing to sell or trade, hit me up”.   Grin

ETA: Approaching 40 years “in the saddle” and originally a law school refugee, I am highly aware of the liability aspect of non-factory modifications. In my region of the country and a smallish 400 person agency, last resort use of force situations the last decade have been focused on levels of training, competence and discretion in the use of force as opposed to items like enhanced features which reduce the mechanical likelihood of an errant shot striking a non-combatant.

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »

The 2020 precision sear will work in a NATO pack.  If you are wanting the 2020 precision (AR guts hybrid) trigger pack then its functionality can be made to work in any AUG. You may need to put a NATO LRBHO into the pack if it came to you in A1/A2 type pack housing. I modded a A3 pack to accept the hybrid trigger.

I think ultimately the $100 for the sear only will be pleasing enough to mod the trigger feel.  You may need to adjust the trigger bar contact to the new sear as they have some differences in tolerance from what I have seen.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Major54

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »

Thanks for the response. I was looking (and have been) for the actual 2020 pack with the AR guts. It’s been a few years but I did try the sear replacement but had some unsatisfactory results mostly I suspect from not making sure the contact surface was even. I at various points also tried a Neu-trigger I believe it was called but at the $30 price tag at the time, it seemed more gimmick than solution. That too may have been lack of proper knowledge.

I have had the chance to fire a full 2020 pack trigger group in an acquaintances AUG and while it was not perfect, it did give a much more controlled feeling type pull. I have been carrying an AUG for many years (depending on my assignment) going back to my first Interarms import in the 80’s. I am used to the AUG trigger by now but after seeing what a hand selected (for accuracy) barrel does for my current rifle and having the available funds to make it happen, I still hold out hope of finding the full pack. Your info that NATO BHO can be utilized is very welcome news.

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
tsh77769

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 03:40:35 PM »

I'm away from home right now doing Army stuff. I will be home in the first week of june.

I have one. I'm not sure what it would take to talk me out of it.

Shoot me an email in the first week of June.

tsh77769@hotmail.com
Major54

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »

Sounds good! Will hit you by email then. Even if we don’t make a deal, it will be a pleasure to try.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length