Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2021, 12:53:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Picked up a KS-7
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Picked up a KS-7  (Read 264 times)
gunhand

« on: April 04, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »

I was looking for a compact shotgun for both work (I own a security firm) and to take in my UTV. I have a Remington Tac-14, but with an arm brace, it was little longer than I wanted in my UTV. I saw the KS-7, did some research, and thought it would be worth a try. I found one on a reasonable deal, so it came home with me.

I was pretty pleased with the construction, fit and finish. I had an early KSG, and it was just never reliable enough for me to stake my life on one.

I took it to the range last week and ran about 50 rounds of 00 Buck through it without a single malfunction. My only complaint is that it kicked like a Missouri Mule because of it's light weight and hard butt pad. I immediately ordered a Pacmayer slide over butt pad.

After installing the butt pad, it was back to the range yesterday. I ran another three boxes of 00 Buckshot through it again with no malfunctions, and a much tamer ride for my shoulder. The only problem I ran into was the forend design tends to give your finger a pretty good whack with every shot. This has been reported by several other users, and I'm now looking for some sort of padding maybe to cushion the forend blows.

Other than that one minor complaint, I do think this is a great little shotgun. It will be a keeper.
Chowwow

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 06:42:18 PM »

Cool. I wish you could install a foregrip on the KS7 but there doesn't seem to be an option. Is it really much better than a KSG? I thought they were very similar guns.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length