Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2021, 07:04:14 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Panzer Arms BP-12
| | |-+  Safety selector
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Safety selector  (Read 333 times)
Bentarm13

« on: February 08, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »

Has anyone removed the safety selector and\or trigger? I just picked up a single side mil-spec safety and Iím going to try and tinker with it.
HomeDefense

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 12:44:01 PM »

Hello, I am looking to replace my safety selector (thumb side) with a longer 'paddle'. My thumb does not reach the selector while maintaining a proper grip/ trigger position. Do you know any mfgr that make a longer safety selector for the BP-12?

Thanks,  HD
Bentarm13

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 07:29:27 PM »

I havenít found one. My plan is to remove the existing and see if I can make a mil-spec switch work.
HomeDefense

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 09:23:26 PM »

Thanks - if I had larger hands or longer thumbs it would not be an issue... my AR-15 paddle is 3/16" longer that the BP-12 and sits back 1/2" closer to the back of the grip, so it is an easy flick.... I might try milling something... or tin foil!

Thanks - HD
Bentarm13

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 05:32:25 PM »

Bad news folks, a mil spec safety isnít even close. Itís almost 1\2" shorter than the panzer. I also took the trigger out and there is no way a AR trigger is going to work without some serious modifications. Unless someone can figure this out, we are just going to have to wait for some parts god to start making aftermarket for the gun.
Be very, very careful if you try and remove the safety. There is a small spring and an even smaller ball bearing that rest in a chamber above the safety.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length