Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2021, 08:39:59 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Panzer Arms BP-12
| | |-+  Another new BP12 owner. Help!! Issues ut of the box?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another new BP12 owner. Help!! Issues ut of the box?  (Read 826 times)
Benjo
New Posting Member

« on: December 29, 2020, 01:46:58 AM »

Just received my BP12 gen 2. Noticed some issues.

1.  Magazines wont drop.  Mag seats fin. Rounds chambers in battery.  But hitting the mag release doesn’t drop the mag.  I have to fight to wiggle it out of the mag well.  Also seams when i try to inert a mag,  have to insert it with a little back to front rocking motion.  Won’t go in straight.

2. There was some fouling. Is tis expected from factory test fire?

3. The bolt was extremely dirty.  Especially in the outer groove (like thee was some glue   there) and in the back area where the hammer strikes the firing pin was really black.  I tried cleaning both areas, but still can’t get that stainless shine.

4. Bolt catch also seems tight.  I have to slam it hard to get the lock open bolt group to slide forward.

Wasn’t sure if these are just new gun issues that just needs to be broken in.. never had these with other guns tho.

Any help or comments welcomed.
Thanks
Bentarm13

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »

I firmly believe you will get used to a system of removing the mags, they will not drop free like an AR but it will get better as the gun breaks in.
What ammo are you using? The cheaper, less brass, heavier lead loads will leave a tremendous amount of fouling, grit, grime and just plain nastiness all over the internals. Shotguns are inherently dirty girls, get a quality cleaner and let the parts soak.
The bolt catch is strong, it needs to be. This is a high recoil weapon under tremendous pressure. The catch and spring need to be strong enough to work. Get in the habit of slapping it with your palm and it will work ever time.
Hope this helps!
Benjo
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »

Igured out the sticky Mag issue.  The left side mag release was sticking on some burrs in the mag lock holes from when  they stamped out the metal. When i pressed the left side mag release it wouldn’t release/push out. Sometimes i had to push it out with the right side mag release button.  Ended up taking the mag apart and filed down the burrs. Works a bit better now
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »

like any new gun -- needs to be broken in and a good cleaning -- I have had zero problems with mine and it eats everything -- would buy another but they jumped the price 100 -- maybe come back down once all this hysteria calms down
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length