Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2021, 07:48:29 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Panzer Arms BP-12
| | |-+  Hello all!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 622 times)
Bentarm13

« on: December 20, 2020, 12:18:06 AM »

Hello all. New to the forum, received my my BP12 Gen 2 from Palmetto SA. Did a complete take down and found the 2 most common problems..overly tight gas block nut and impossibly tight barrel nut. Overcame the gas nut easily, the castle nut holy sh#*t. I donít believe in vices, hammers, pry bars etc. I put the barrel in my armpit, put on some leather gloves and Hulked that thing loose with the included wrenches. If you canít do this, I absolutely recommend taking it to gunsmith or returning the weapon. You will do catastrophic damage using vice grips, pliers, etc.
The second thing I did was flip the safety select on the right side 180 degrees. Removed the hex screw on the right and just flipped it 180 so it stopped clawing my hand.
Third thing was clean, clean clean. Every inch of the weapon was covered in grease. Now itís nice and shiny.
4th thing was I removed the forward assist. Itís a good idea but the rails on both sides are where your hands rest will chew up the flesh after a few rounds. Replaced with BCM vertical grip.
5th was to lightly oil the included flip up sights. They arenít magpul but they are more than adequate. You want to buy better for little gain, hit it.
6th I bought rail inserts for the exposed rails on both sides of the barrel. I donít mount flashlights, lasers, phasers or launchers to my weapons so they were just sharp metal in the way.
7th I shot this thing with .00 buck, 125 rounds. A couple hiccups at first but it settled right in. No low brass, no walmart bullsh*#t. Heavy brass rounds to break it in.
8th I slept with the weapon because I have fallen in love with it. Thereís no law against it so leave me alone. Sheís so pretty and smells nice!
I was able to find 10rnd mags for it, just do some searches. It makes the weapon heavier but itís all in the rear and more than manageable.

Comments are welcome folks, letís blow this site up with help for each other,

Shoot first, ask for forgiveness!
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »

welcome to the forum -- Panzer listing do not get much attention -- to bad -- IMHO the best 12 gauge pup out
777Driver

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »

Welcome aboard!  I've been away for a while.  Glad to see this forum is building, although slowly.
I have no qualms with you sleeping with your BP-12, after you've cleaned her up that is.
She's a dirty girl after a day at the range, but she cleans up real nice!
HomeDefense

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 10:25:50 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum - glad you like your Bullpup 12ga.... I have an FD-12... love it!  Haven't slept with it yet...but am now entertaining that idea... thanks!

Any idea where to get parts/ mods for these things?  I need a longer safety lever for a clean thumb reach... my barrel nut is also locked solid... tried to clean it when I first got it, and only got it stripped to the nut... will try what you suggest here.

Cheers - HD
Bentarm13

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »

Nobody makes aftermarket parts. Youíre stuck with the safety, AR parts donít work.
You may want to invest in, or see if you can borrow an extended castle wrench. Longer grip means more torque.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length