Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2021, 01:46:11 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  MDRX 6.5CM Brass
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MDRX 6.5CM Brass  (Read 744 times)
rorgan
New Posting Member

« on: August 20, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »

My MDRX seems to be really tough on brass for these first 60-100 rounds.  I'm got the 6.5CM variant with forward eject.  I added a Silencerco ASR muzzle brake and I'm running the Omega 300.  I've got the gas adjusted to the lowest setting (below "S") and even here the rifle always dents the brass.  I'm thinking it's the scissor mechanism that pushes the spent case into the ejection chute.  Is this normal or do I need to contact DT's warranty department?  Thank you!

* 65cmmdrx.jpg (585.23 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 198 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:44:56 PM by rorgan » Logged
jtrigger
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 05:12:31 PM »

Did you ever get a reply on this, or get it figured out?  I finally received my MDRx with 6.5CM kit and it is doing the exact same thing to my brass.  I get these horrible side dents, and I also get shoulder dents from exiting the forward eject tube.  Hoping you found a solution.
rorgan
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 05:37:31 PM »

Did you ever get a reply on this, or get it figured out?  I finally received my MDRx with 6.5CM kit and it is doing the exact same thing to my brass.  I get these horrible side dents, and I also get shoulder dents from exiting the forward eject tube.  Hoping you found a solution.

Unfortunately, no I don't have a solution.  My brother-in-law has one and his does the exact same thing so I assume it's not isolated to just a few of us.  From what I gathered from the FB groups, this is just how it's going to be.    I don't reload so I'm not sure if the dents can be fixed during the reloading process.  On a more positive note, I'm still digging the gun.  It's my go-to hunting setup due to how maneuverable it is in a deer stand.
FrozenIceman

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 07:37:59 PM »

Have you tried just removing the ejector chute plate and see if you have the same issue?
LazyEngineer

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 07:44:05 PM »

I imagine nature of the beast of running suppressed.  Sounds like it functions and cycles fine.  Also, that brass will reload and run fine - I've run worse.
alienworker

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 07:30:54 AM »

The forward ejection is tough on brass.
I shoot nato out of mine with just scratches,but occasionally I put some .308 through it,and when I do,ill get a dent in the shoulder occasionally.
7.62 nato has a thicker case fwir,and .308 and 6.5 are thinner so they're probably more susceptible to damage. Just the nature of the beast.
You could always get a side ejection kit,or,just take the chute off and see if it still damages it.
I also keep my chute lubricated 😁 but I don't know if that does anything honestly lol
LazyEngineer

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 09:36:05 AM »

Yea, I think Hornady brass is amongst the thinnest, and most suscptible to that. 

BTW, how's your accuracy?
alienworker

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 12:16:19 AM »

I've managed just under 1 moa with good stuff (168gr) and 1.5 to 2 with lake city,imi,white box etc.
I definitely lucked out because I have an early rifle. I only had to have the ejection system adjusted. Some other folks have had horrible issues.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length