Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 05:21:24 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  So, why get an M17S instead of a Tavor?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So, why get an M17S instead of a Tavor?  (Read 239 times)
Harkness

« on: July 31, 2020, 02:36:35 PM »

I want a bullpup and had settled on a Tavor 7 because of being a .308 and because its been put through the ringer as far as testing goes since its a military rifle. That said, I've read up on the basics of the K&M updated Bushmaster and know its considered one of the better bullpups, and I also know it takes a lot of standard AR stuff so that's a plus.

Could anyone specifically compare the two? Tons of info about the Tavor, nothing too decent about the M17S, and they definitely approach the bullpup concept from different angles.
bpguy

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »

First off to say the T7 is a military proven rifle it is not.  Not sure if the IDF is even using it.  But besides the point.  I have both the T7 and the M17S308.  If you like a plastic rifle that is bulky and heavier then the T7 is yours.  I have almost all the bullpups because I am a fanatic.  So even though I don't really like the T7 I own one.  I prefer the M17S308 because it is sleeker, has a better balance point and is all metal.  And its even lighter than the T7.  It runs smooth and does not kick like a mule.  Just my 2c.
xdmikey

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 12:24:09 AM »

I have the m17s in 556 and am crazy about it. Id still like to pick one up in 308.

Good to know about the lighter weight of the K&M rifle, too.
Earl_harbinger

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 11:17:08 AM »

By all accounts the M17s has the superior (particularly lighter) trigger.
Desert Kraut

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 03:17:51 PM »

I also have the M17S in 5.56. It is a solid high quality bullpup. It has, bar none, the best trigger in the industry. I also bought it because I was tired of the plastic stocks and hand guards. Is it a battle rifle? No. I would stake my life on it if needed though because it is that dependable.

I don't think you could go wrong in getting the .308.
Lonewolf McQuade

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 12:13:01 AM »

I went with the Tavor 7 .308 and am extremely pleased.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length