Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 11:31:55 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  SAR or X95, is one more accurate than the other
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SAR or X95, is one more accurate than the other  (Read 553 times)
rockwind1

« on: December 04, 2019, 02:25:29 AM »

I was curious what the consensus was on the forum, Iíve heard a lot of people say that the original SAR is more accurate? If so, has anyone figured out why?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:12:01 PM »

One of the reasons is they made the barrel extensions not as beefy...and they shrunk the aluminum chassis inside the receiver of the X95...

However, the accuracy difference is negligible and you will truly, in all reality (unless someone is a tacticool ninja warrior)...only see it when under a bench/bipod accuracy shooting...

On the move...its a made to be a minute-of-man gun...so it will hit a man size target out to 300m no problemo....

I can only offer my experience...but I took a carbine class with a DD M4 (which is 1.5-2MOA gun) and a SAR (which is a 2.0-3.0 MOA gun)...and in class...I shot both the exact same...to the tee...

cciman

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:54:43 AM »

Without rigorous side by side testing (using controlled details like same scope and calibration, same ammo, same rest...etc), it just becomes opinion and anecdote.

Even then, you are only comparing a sample of one each.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 09:07:17 AM »

Between the SAR and X95 ... just get the one you like better for ergos...

For me, it was the SAR...however I am a IWI nut so I will own a X95 soon...and Galil.
rjhyland

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 08:56:55 PM »

I have both and I can't say what one is more accurate. One range session the SAR does better, then on another range session the X95 takes it so I think they really shoot about the same based on my shooting.

I bought the X95 first and loved it. The only reason I bought the SAR was when I heard they will not make the SAR anymore so I bought it just to have it and like it just as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length