Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2021, 08:50:30 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Panzer Arms BP-12
| | |-+  Bolt catch lever
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bolt catch lever  (Read 1648 times)
777Driver

« on: October 19, 2019, 01:48:46 PM »

Something odd I've noticed while firing my BP-12 at the range:
After I fire the last round in the magazine, “the bolt catch lever holds the bolt open at the rear”.
(as printed on page 12 of the owners manal).  This is good and proper.
I then remove the empty magazine, and insert a loaded magazine.  So far so good.
Then I, (again on page 12),  “push down the bolt catch lever with the thumb of the shooting hand and this will allow the bolt to move forward and chamber a round.”
When I do this, the bolt jams EVERY  TIME!!!

BUT,  if I close the bolt on the empty chamber, insert a loaded magazine, then charge the next round using either the side charging handle or the upper charging handle; then the next round loads normally, and everything works fine.
Is anybody else having this problem?
It's not a big problem; but it's not working the way it's suppose to.
BobboJama
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:02:09 AM »

When I first got my BP12 this was an issue I experienced too. I noticed the the mags would insert about 1/16 to 1/8" to far into the breach. I would pull it out until it was seated firmly on the mag retainer/release and push the bolt release and it would cycle a round into the chamber without issue. Now I do that automatically... I have 1000+ rounds through it now and still love it. I have only cleaned it once...
777Driver

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

Hey BobboJama,
Good to see you here; and thank you for turning me onto this shotgun when we were both on the TaurusArmed forum.
I really like the BP-12.  This is a fun gun to shoot.  I usually go to the range, shoot up a target with my Taurus G2C, and then blast the target to pieces with my BP-12.  Ha!

Except for this jamming problem on a new magazine, I really like this gun.  I'll try your method of backing out the magazine to the mag retainer and see if that works.  Thanks for the info. 

I try to clean my BP-12 (and all my guns) after every use.  I think it's especially important to clean out the three exhaust ports from the barrel that power the reloading system.  Breaking down the BP-12 is kinda tricky (thank God for YouTube), but now that I've done it a few times, it's getting easy.

This forum isn't as active as TaurusArmed.net.  I posted this message on October 19th, and you're the first one to respond almost a month later.  But I have gotten some good info here.
BobboJama
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 03:22:24 PM »

The other Forum is more of a gathering place than a limited discussion platform.  This forum looks promising, just need to spread the word.

The mag issue for me on the BP12 was on 5 round mags only. The 10 rounders run fine..

As for cleaning, I am not as diligent as I should be.. I have a HiPoint 9mm carbine that had close to 2000 rounds through it before I gave it a total cleaning... I do however spray the actions down with Rem Action Cleaner, swab the barrels and hit everything with compressed air before going back into the vault...

Be Safe!

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length