Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 02:02:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Aim Surplus
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aim Surplus  (Read 491 times)
BillyG

« on: October 02, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »

www.aimsurplus.com has used AUG parts kits ($300) and mags ($19) if anyone is interested.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:36:01 PM »

Sold out on parts kits pretty fast. Looked like everything but a stripped receiver.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
LazyEngineer

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »

Sold out on parts kits pretty fast. Looked like everything but a stripped receiver.

Drat, I was too slow!   That actually looked like a great deal too.   

I can't tell if it comes with the trigger group or not, it has the pin, but then it says they are demilled select fire guns, and then says all NFA rules apply in bold.  I'm not sure what all that means, and if it was ok or not for a random civy to actually buy that?

I also can't tell if the barrel is complete, or if it's chopped.  It looks chopped in the photo.

I guess it doesn't matter now - as they are all gone 
mpd3285
^

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »

I emailed them and they said no barrel. Demilled overseas and shipped here. I agree, likely chopped, but good for a spare piston, gas plug, and grip parts. Would have been nice to get an Austrian made 20".

dragunov
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 05:10:46 PM »

Looks like they are back in stock at the moment...
sboone

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »

Looks like a $300 full spare parts kit to me  Grin

Hopefully its its everything but a receiver and barrel, too bad receivers are hard to come buy
sboone

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »

I got my kit in today, you pretty much just need to find a receiver and a barrel. The trigger pack will also need converted.  I dont know if what parts would cross over with the new A3M1 guns.  At a minimum you'd only be able to use a short rail or the factory 1.5x since the stocks have the hump on the front of em, they also do not have a bolt release. The inards themselves look a little better, bolt carrier has about 40% finish left but the actual bolt, firing pin, everything looks like its still very much useable. These kits are definitely well worn, some serious battlefield pickup goin on with the glorious smell of surplus as soon as you pop the top on the box
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:21:34 PM by sboone » Logged
sboone

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »

Update:

Tried to see what parts interchange this evening. My BCG, and trigger pack would fit in the surplus stock just fine, and the BCG from the parts kit looks to fit in the A3 stock and receiver. The A3 receiver will not fit the A1 stock because the locking block i. The stock is larger on the A1 stock than the A3. So if you need specifically an A1 reciever in order to make the parts kit work and either a new semi auto trigger pack or convert the existing pack, seems like its probably easier to just buy a new semi auto pack

As a parts kit to build off of, unless you already have the reciever then its a waste of $300. As a spare parts kit, I think its well worth the $300. Looked at steyr arms and their BCG is $850, the actual "spare parts kit" is $225. While used, it is still all useable parts and theres alot there to keep your current aug up and goin
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:28:01 PM by sboone » Logged
mpd3285
^

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »

If these kits came from demilled full autos, the stocks won't work on semi receivers. They have lots of good parts for someone with a legal F/A AUG.  Steyr took a lot of steps in design to prevent semi receivers from taking F/A parts.  The bolt and carrier will work and some of the other parts a re a good spare value at $300, but the F/A stocks use a larger takedown button that prevents locking the skinnier semi receivers into the F/A stocks. The F/A hammer packs do not fit into semis.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length