Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 01:29:02 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Poor finish on SilencerCo cans made during their Summer Promo?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Poor finish on SilencerCo cans made during their Summer Promo?  (Read 100 times)
ptrthgr8

« on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:30 PM »

For those who've received SilencerCo suppressors as part of their Summer Promotion last year, has anyone noticed sub-par finish? Stamp came in and I was able to bring my Chimera home yesterday. This Chimera is one of the purchased suppressors (rather than the freebie) and one SilencerCo had to make in a hurry as all of their in-stock cans quickly sold out. Purchased in early June 2018, S/N assigned in mid-July and paperwork started, and was disposed to my LGS in late August, 2018. So, it took them ~6 weeks to manufacture it, along with the massive amount of the other purchased cans).

When I took it out of the box and gave it a good once over, I immediately noticed what appears to be box wear - the only section that shows wear is the section that was sitting on the foam inside the box. Almost like the finish wasn't completely cured before they stuffed it in the box and sent it to my local dealer. Pictures show the details.

Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:13:47 AM »

That would be my guess too. I've never seen one like that.

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length