Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2019, 12:49:16 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  What’s the latest excuse for 223 delays? What is the status of the chutes?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What’s the latest excuse for 223 delays? What is the status of the chutes?  (Read 1840 times)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »

So has anyone received their .223 chute panels yet? Via YT vid...they said it was shipping in April...
reason

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »

Why can’t this company keep a single timeline thay set and publicly announce?
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »

Why can’t this company keep a single timeline thay set and publicly announce?

'cause....................................................vendors?

AE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 01:41:41 AM by Aussie E » Logged
Tinglyfeet9

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 06:33:09 PM »

FYI a big part of the reason is s***ty corporate psych 101 managers.  They figured out through a bunch of research that when dealing with the public you can over promise and under deliver and in the end you are better off sales wise than doing the opposite in most cases.  Disgusting practice and companies that do this (especially habitually like DT) don't get a dollar from me anymore.
whiskey91lima

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »

FYI a big part of the reason is s***ty corporate psych 101 managers.  They figured out through a bunch of research that when dealing with the public you can over promise and under deliver and in the end you are better off sales wise than doing the opposite in most cases.  Disgusting practice and companies that do this (especially habitually like DT) don't get a dollar from me anymore.

Yes though they are changing their approach to marketing. At the SRS-A2 launch, they said that theyve learned that it is best to shut up and wait for the product to be ready to ship before announcing it. I would be shocked if they didn't see a financial hit with the launch failures of the MDR.
Sdevante
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »

Yes though they are changing their approach to marketing. At the SRS-A2 launch, they said that theyve learned that it is best to shut up and wait for the product to be ready to ship before announcing it. I would be shocked if they didn't see a financial hit with the launch failures of the MDR.

They did say that, but it took an awfully long time for my A2 to get here (although, thank God, nowhere near as long as the MDR lol).
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 10:25:18 PM »

Don't you dare question DT...or the DT Police will come after you on the interwebs...
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 08:39:43 PM »

One moar day till two moar weeks have passed since the last DT video announced imminent shipping. Where all the 223 MDR at? Anyone who allegedly got one of the ones shipped without their chutes prior to SHOT get their chutes yet? Is the 223 unicorn vaporware or does it actually exist? No videos or reviews of the initial ones released.

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 09:49:32 AM »

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »

This should put the issue to rest, but knowing who is here, it won't...

InRange .223 MDR Conversion Kit

https://youtu.be/sApEXizzuvw

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 07:09:43 PM »

And direct from DT...

https://youtu.be/daPFtH9xcWo

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »

Yes, a couple of unverified videos should put the issue to rest. But it won't.

AE
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »

Yes, a couple of unverified videos should put the issue to rest. But it won't.

AE

Absolutely what I expected from you; you've gotten to the point where nothing will satisfy you.  I'll take Karl's opinion and integrity over just about anyone on this board who isn't related to me.

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »

I hear you Kurt. I too generally like to listen to the echo chamber, if it fits my narrative it's all good, if not they be morons. The MDR is Moby Dick to my Ahab, "Thar she blows!".

AE
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:25:17 PM by Aussie E » Logged
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 09:35:12 PM »

You're missing the point, Aussie.  You and several others have become so negative that it appears nothing DT can do and any review is automatically dismissed as "unverified" or some other reason.  The feedback since the 2019 upgrades have been rolled out have been extremely positive, the guns work as they should, but it doesn't seem to budge the negativity and derision that you and others still heap on DT.

You wanted them to fix it...they did and now by all current accounts of guns with the upgrades, they work and work very well.

What more do you want from them?  The product is delivering on what they claimed.

The "echo chamber" has become decidedly blind to the current events, and so I will gladly ignore it and think what I want about those involved.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »

Im glad the 556 reports so far are not negative. Now lets see if DT actually meets the schedule they have announced this time.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »

I hear you Kurt.

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 12:33:21 AM »

I do think DT made the conversion fairly effortless.

Good to hear that they are moving forward...lets see how they deliver.

Is it me or does the MDR exhibit a weird, sharp backward-up recoil impulse regardless of caliber...just an observation...I haven't shot a 5.56 MDR...only the 308...
reason

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 03:07:53 AM »

Yes, i dont know of another 223 that moves in that distinct recoil pattern. I dont even understand how a 223 can make that much of a muzzle climb....
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 10:51:07 AM »

I suspect that might have something to do with the bolt carrier being relatively light and having significant velocity to operate the ejection mechanism reliably.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length