Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2020, 09:18:51 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  New MDR aluminum Handguard - ready for pre-ordering
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: New MDR aluminum Handguard - ready for pre-ordering  (Read 19325 times)
reason

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2019, 02:29:27 PM »

Kurt, have you been able to snap that pic?
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2019, 07:44:28 PM »

Yes, but I haven't as I'm trying to get in touch with the vendor because my notes say I ordered a long rail and received a short rail.  I didn't want to install it and not be able to return it, though at this point it feels like a moot point as I have heard nothing back and it's been two weeks or so.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply
newguy2k3

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:51 PM »

I got a shipping notification for my long fde handguard yesterday but it's still showing "pre-shipment" so I'm guessing maybe he batch printed a bunch of labels and is hopefully getting them packed up currently.
MDR777
New Posting Member

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2019, 02:40:47 AM »

Received the handguard today.  There is problem with handguard.  There is not enough clearance for the charging handle.  See attach pictures.  It chiped the handguard after one cycle of the charging handle.

* mdr2.jpg (116.42 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 191 times.)

* mdr1.jpg (144.1 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 185 times.)
newguy2k3

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2019, 10:07:48 AM »

Yea mine does the same thing. Kinda sucks but not the end of the world
MDR777
New Posting Member

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2019, 03:17:51 AM »

This is response from Richard Murphy.  The maker of the hand guard.

Hmmm, this is strange.

There is contact on all of them there, but the black rails have been out there almost a month and no one has reported that kind of damage.  Itís at the very end of where the charging handle rests and shouldnít rub like that unless youíre riding the handle forward and restricting its normal way of spring returning to position.

Cerakote adds material, but only a small amount.  A few people have the FDE now and if it becomes a wider spread issue, we may have to swap peopleís mounting bases with an updated version taking more material off that corner.

Can you zoom out a little from a straight-on top view?  Zoomed in pictures like that are very difficult to see how things are happening.  A good quality photo from about a foot away not zoomed would help, that way I can zoom in how I need to or not.

Thank you, and sorry for the trouble.

Rich

I have sent additional pictures to him.  he said no one had report the problem to him.
LeeMajors

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »

Thanks for posting, I was about to come on here this morning and let everyone know we are working on a fix.

Also if you'll notice the screws are about .010" too high on the mounting bases as well.  The issue with that is the extrusion company messed up placement of the holes but say it's within their "allowed variance".  We didn't notice it since we had screwed ours on about 20 times with prototypes until we had already shipped the first batch.

Luckily it still fits if you screw the top screw on each side in first, torque it down properly, which pulls the other screw holes into alignment enough to mount (obviously since you got it on).  We're already out of base pieces and have another batch currently finished and heading to anodizing but we're on hold to address this top corner interference.

We'll be profiling the rear top corner of the mounting base at a 45-50 deg angle to allow the charging handle to rest without touching and offering a free exchange to customers for their existing base pieces.  Obviously it still functions, but the aesthetics of rubbed off finish are not acceptable and we'll take care of it. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, the joys of prototyping a new product from scratch.  The good news is they aren't functionally impaired, but clearly something we will address and rectify.

For those who haven't received your rail or if the tracking is showing not moving, please email me.  If you have emailed me, I will get back to you by the end of the day.  Trying to catch up today, this isn't my day job and I use my days off to do this. 

Thank you,
LeeMajors

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »

Yes, but I haven't as I'm trying to get in touch with the vendor because my notes say I ordered a long rail and received a short rail.  I didn't want to install it and not be able to return it, though at this point it feels like a moot point as I have heard nothing back and it's been two weeks or so.
Kurt, I haven't received anything from you that I'm aware of regarding the wrong length.  I'm happy to replace it, we have plenty in stock.  Shoot it back and I'll send you the correct size.

Please email me directly RichardM@lifeindustries.net as the web email form isn't working and I need to take it down and just put an email hyperlink on that page.

Sorry to have missed your contact.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »

Kurt, I haven't received anything from you that I'm aware of regarding the wrong length.  I'm happy to replace it, we have plenty in stock.  Shoot it back and I'll send you the correct size.

Please email me directly RichardM@lifeindustries.net as the web email form isn't working and I need to take it down and just put an email hyperlink on that page.

Will do!  It will probably be this weekend that I'll have time.

Kurt
HardEight

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »

Anyone weighed their handguard? My scale says the factory 3-slot is just over 6 oz. DesertTech told me their 4 slot suppressor one is 24oz (which seems really heavy).

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Chase014
New Posting Member

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »

Will do!  It will probably be this weekend that I'll have time.

Anyone else not received the handguard?   Ordered mine at the end of Nov and still nothing.   In early Dec they said it would ship in two weeks, but now itís the end of January.  Requested a refund.  Bummed because I thought it looked like a great product. 
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2020, 11:25:19 PM »

I think the guy has went through like 3 updates on handguard mount...
LeeMajors

« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2020, 11:33:05 PM »

Just now getting home.

The issue is our supply chain and the fact that I thought I had sent enough rails to cerakote and I shorted myself 3 rails, yours included.

The bases are here and ready to go, but I only have long FDE at the moment.   Another box of rails went down to cerakote today but won't be back for about 3 weeks.  They're not speedy, 3 days UPS down, 3 days UPS back, and 7-10 days for them to shoot them.

You can have a refund if you like, I'll email you back in a moment.

We're still upside down over $10,000 on these so I'm only sending 20 at a time down to Cerakote since it's $30 a rail.  We're selling about 2 or 3 a month.  People like them but there's only so many MDR owners out there. 

Sorry for the delay.
vectorsc

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »

First post here lol - Is a version going to hit for the MDRX?
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »

First post here lol - Is a version going to hit for the MDRX?

Why would it need a new version?  I don't believe the physical dimensions changed, just material composition and features of the gas block.

Kurt
KMcPheron

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2020, 10:03:07 PM »

I put an order in at the beginning of the year and havenít gotten or heard anything since.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2020, 02:15:51 PM »

I put an order in at the beginning of the year and havenít gotten or heard anything since.

Have you tried to PM him here or via Facebook?

ETA:  If you're looking for the short version in basic black, I might be able to help you.  PM me directly.t

Kurt
KMcPheron

« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2020, 02:39:32 PM »

I shot some emails, but that was about it. Lack of a Facebook or thought to pm on here. And unfortunately Iím trying to get a short version w/ the cerakoting.
vectorsc

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2020, 04:49:01 PM »

I just ordered a Long and a Short.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length