Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 10:06:33 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Dear IWI US: Please sell...
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dear IWI US: Please sell...  (Read 7635 times)
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 10:11:36 PM »

-IDF X95 front handguard (I hear they're working on this one)

Any updates on this?
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 11:01:04 PM »

From the latest I've seen on their FB page, they just said they're working on getting them. FWIW, I'm planning to email them again shortly to see if they have any more of an ETA on this. The last I heard from Colin last year was that they weren't going to get them at that time, but they must have changed their mind on that shortly afterwards as they've been saying for months now that they will be coming.

Here's a screencap.

* Schermata 2018-04-20 alle 10.55.16 PM.png (161.24 KB, 967x451 - viewed 273 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
DubageL

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 06:45:55 AM »

I spoke to customer service Thursday after getting my Galil Ace and realizing there was no cleaning kits with them. Anyway, the X95 IDF round handguards are still enroute.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »

I spoke to customer service Thursday after getting my Galil Ace and realizing there was no cleaning kits with them. Anyway, the X95 IDF round handguards are still enroute.

That's great. My question though is... will they include the flip up front sight and low-profile top rail piece... I guess time will tell.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
DubageL

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 09:20:50 AM »

They weren’t sure about that. But think it will be the whole assembly, with front close out disk and front sling ring. The front folding sight is only needed if your X95 has the rear BUIS assembly like on the early IDF x95’s or US IDF Tavor. Which, they are now not on newer x95s because they have the meprolight mepro/MOR. You could always get an aftermarket front sight and install along with a rail section. If you want to use the current SBR full length optic top rail, think you need to remove the front sight on the handguard anyway.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:49:54 PM by DubageL » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »

I really hope they include the whole assembly--front close out disk and sling ring for the barrel, as well as aluminum pic rails for both top and bottom, plus flip-up front sight post. That would be the whole kit and caboodle. I imagine that an obstacle to them including the front sight is that it would make the whole thing more expensive with the tritium front sight post. But the solution to that is simple--like they already do with the current X95 SBR top rail they offer--just put a note in there that users have to remove the front sight from their original long top rails. With the IDF handguard, they could include the plastic flip-up front sight post, but users would have to remove the actual Mepro tritium sight piece itself and install that into the plastic post.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of my IDF clone setup. I actually have the rear IDF BUIS assembly and M21 with Tavor mount, so having the IDF front sight post with low-profile aluminum top rail would really complete the look. I'm also really excited because recently I was able to score an original IDF-issued sling from Israel, so I'm going to throw that on there with some paracord for a super IDF-look. Here's to hoping IWI releases that front handguard soon...

BTW, since I've set my X95 up like this, I have to say what a nice, lightweight, balanced setup it is. The IDF's Micro Tavor is a fantastic gun.

* IMG_0191.JPG (359.22 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 273 times.)

* IMG_0192.JPG (441.28 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 245 times.)

* s-l1600.jpg (116.35 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 217 times.)

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 03:31:08 PM »

For reference, here's the setup I'd really like to make. As far as rails go, it has a gas cylinder with adaptor for the MX3 magnifier, but no plastic BUIS like the older style. Instead, the rear BUIS is integrated into a short top rail, onto which the M21 with QD mount attaches. In front of that is the IDF round hand guard with low-profile top rail and integrated flip-up front sight. So IWI, if you're reading this... could you release the magnifier mount gas cylinder and short top rail with BUIS as well? Smiley

P.S. In the second picture, you can see the updated version which has the top rail so the sight can be removed. Also, here is a third picture of a certain IDF gal which shows the exact version IDF X95 I'm hoping for... To me, this version is the quintessential IDF Micro Tavor.

* micro-tavor21-pic001 copia.jpg (516.97 KB, 1200x587 - viewed 263 times.)

* 20160202_140405.jpg (1463.61 KB, 1875x1821 - viewed 257 times.)

* 48f461ca1f057df1aa467a3ac0408d0f.jpg (330.08 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 255 times.)

* Schermata 2018-03-07 alle 11.28.45 AM.png (863.78 KB, 1280x800 - viewed 255 times.)

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 03:35:22 PM »

And some more pics because why not...

* 683c42e03e48fc6d681368243167cedb--st-century-survival-gear copia.jpg (46.28 KB, 549x414 - viewed 286 times.)

* 333.jpg (170.61 KB, 900x600 - viewed 228 times.)

RebellionOnIce

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »

BTW, since I've set my X95 up like this, I have to say what a nice, lightweight, balanced setup it is. The IDF's Micro Tavor is a fantastic gun.

Looks good. I been thinking about that setup myself. Flat butt plate still legal?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:03:03 PM by rjhyland » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »

Looks good. I been thinking about that setup myself. Flat butt plate still legal?

Thanks. I love it with this set up. I'm hoping to pick up the MX3 magnifier for it ASAP for extra accuracy at distance. It's super light and maneuverable. Very comfortable and stupid easy to move around when clearing the house for practice.

And yep--100% legal. Flash hider was pinned and welded by ADCO. It's 26.5" OAL. The barrel is 17.5" with the pinned flash hider.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:49:53 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

bigeasy911

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 02:56:14 PM »

One thing I have wondered that maybe those that hVe had time around IDF or done training with them.  What do they do for lighting?   After all they are clearing buildings and tunnels as well as night operations.  Where or hiow are they mounting a weapon light?

I can see on the micro using say a offset haley extension  mount with a m600 m300 sf.  That way they could mount it behind the front sight on the top rail with it offset 45 degrees and forward.  The Haley Strategic thorntail extended is whT I use on the usa 16" version.  Just wonderex how they handle it goi g from a integrate solution on the tavor to the micor with very little rail realestate.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length