Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 05:49:53 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Problem with trigger reset? maybe?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem with trigger reset? maybe?  (Read 4068 times)
jekbrown

« on: March 16, 2017, 12:23:35 AM »

Hey HTA. I was going to email this but figured others might have the same issue. I have a standard 10/22 that I've had the trigger worked on by Brimstone Gunsmiths to bring it down to a hair away from 2 lbs. Everything else in the receiver is stock parts. Symptoms:

1. when I have the 10/22 mounted in the left 90/22 shell half, everything works perfectly, I can cycle the bolt, pull the trigger, and no issues at all. Everything works like it should.

2. When I even partially assemble the other stock half on, suddenly the trigger seems like it doesn't want to, or can't, reset. I can charge the bolt and pull the trigger and nothing happens. Remove the right shell half and it works again. This happens regardless of how tight I have the bolts...even when completely loose, but with the two shell halfs "on", it still won't reset.

Any ideas? I don't know much about Ruger triggers, and I did install your extended bolt hold open and mag release, so maybe I messed something up? I dunno...sure seems to work when not inside the stock shell.  Undecided
jekbrown

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:51:08 AM »

hmmm...did some more testing and it also sometimes doesn't reset when the other right shell half isn't installed either. Hmmmm. Must be a problem with my trigger. This rifle has zero rounds through it, so it's not dirty or anything. Brimstone does good work, I wonder if it would help if I just cycled/dry fired it a few hundred times. Maybe a little break in? It's free and worth a try I suppose...
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 11:34:21 AM »

Let us know how it goes, jekbrown.  Maybe something is interfering with the moving bits, and you'll find the wear spot after a few rounds...

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »

Hey jekbrown!

Thanks so much for your business and sorry I didn't see this sooner! Just to clarify, does the trigger reset when the gun is outside of our stock? Is the end of our trigger rod contacting directly with the face of the trigger on your 10/22 trigger pack? If it is in direct contact, this could be the issue and a simple solution would be to remove the rubber cap from the end of the trigger to pick up a little more room. Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is any way we can assist! Thanks again!

Andy and the team at HTA
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length