Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2017, 11:02:27 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 Aftermarket Request Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: X95 Aftermarket Request Thread  (Read 8610 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »

An SAR to X95 conversion kit?  chin scratching
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »

An SAR to X95 conversion kit?  chin scratching

That would require even the barrel to be changed, might as well buy another rifle at that cost.
Jwill

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »

Im not sure how many sar parts are compatible with the x95 or about barrel differences my knowledge here is very limited as I haven't really messed with the x95.
My theory is that if the reciever fits into the chassis/stock then the barrel should be fine, I could be wrong.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 06:29:02 PM »

SAR barrel has two metal "arms" on each side to guide the charging ha file on the SAR. They won't work in X95.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »

RadScorpius is right--out of the box, the barrels are not interchangeable. However, if you have a dremel tool, you can adapt an SAR barrel to fit an X95 by modifying the optics mount piece that attaches to the barrel.

Still, an SAR to X95 conversion kit isn't going to happen because such a kit would consist of changing 90% of the parts in the gun. The X95 isn't just the SAR with a few updates--it's basically a whole new gun except for the bolt carrier assembly and trigger pack. The plastic bodies are different all over except where the receiver mounts inside of them.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:30:49 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »

RadScorpius is right--out of the box, the barrels are not interchangeable. However, if you have a dremel tool, you can adapt an SAR barrel to fit an X95 by modifying the optics mount piece that attaches to the barrel.

Still, an SAR to X95 conversion kit isn't going to happen because such a kit would consist of changing 90% of the parts in the gun. The X95 isn't just the SAR with a few updates--it's basically a whole new gun except for the bolt carrier assembly and trigger pack. The plastic bodies are different all over except where the receiver mounts inside of them.

The whole point of conversion is to convert it back anytime, if removal of material is involved then it's not a "conversion" anymore to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length