Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 04:48:56 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 Aftermarket Request Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: X95 Aftermarket Request Thread  (Read 13309 times)
coolhand77
^

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »

I'd like to see some alternative pistol grip designs myself.  I mentioned over on the FB pages how a "P90" configured grip and foregrip might be a good way to get a smaller package with a 20 round magazine...get lower when in the prone and less of a "handle" sticking out when slung under the arm or across the chest.
Just a thought
[Yes, I'm the doofus that did the crappy photoshop]
Tru BEZ

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »

I would love to see a new grip with all the features of the IWI trigger guard grip but with a place to store both a CR123A and/or a CR2032.  Personally I need both batteries.  The stock grip panels are so close to being able to fit both of these.  I am sure someone can figure out how to extract a bit more space inside and make it tool-less to access the batteries, perhaps by shortening the mounting screw.

Here are the features I would want:

• Trigger Guard style pistol grip
  • Removable/customizable grip panels to store CR123 and/CR2032 batteries together
  • Ablility to still brace my forward hand as the IWI Trigger guard model allows
  • Tracks to run pressure switches as the IWI Trigger guard model allows
  • Tool-less access to batteries
  • I would like it in matching IWI Green, but could live with black

I know...I am needy.  Thanks to any that can make this in a quality manner!

SEMPER FI
XPDXCop

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »

I have a Tavor, not the new one but I thought the best aftermarket was the grip bipod.  I use it all the time.
Brianschwarm

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »

anything that takes weight off.

1. short optics rail, but the same height
2. an actual short buttpad, not that crap that manticore arms puts out, that is one heavier, and two not as short as they advertised, also their customer service is s***.
3. 13" barrel
4. lighter upgraded components in general
5. shorter, more open forend
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »

What we need are US-made versions of the components from the military service X95s. IWI US uglified the current version of the X95 to accommodate the NFA and appease a wider US audience. They could have just given us a version with a longer barrel--a version which the IDF actually uses already. The only components I'm looking for would be EXACT replicas of the:

1. short IDF handguard, top rail, and buttpad
2. EXACT replica of the IDF X95L's top rail (see pictures of X95Ls with ACOGs for reference)

I suppose IWI is the only company that can really address this, and they only have plans to offer the newer style short handguard as part of an SBR kit. The X95L short top rail would be pretty easy for some of the manufacturers on this forum to reproduce, however.

What I personally do not like are rails and components with flashy designs that distract from the weapon itself. The Razorback, for example, while I'm sure it's a very nice product, is just not my cup of tea. When it comes to rifles, I collect and use military weapons and components only.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Dutch308

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2016, 01:23:38 PM »

After much looking and contacting folks, what i'd like to see is a cantilever offset light mount for mounting on the top rail with a 90 deg off set instead of 45 deg. also a slight drop that would lower the light to where it was centered along the side of the rail would be great. I know what alot of folks are thinking, why not just use the side rails?, but i like the covers and the ability to add other things maybe in the future.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

What we need are US-made versions of the components from the military service X95s. IWI US uglified the current version of the X95 to accommodate the NFA and appease a wider US audience. They could have just given us a version with a longer barrel--a version which the IDF actually uses already. The only components I'm looking for would be EXACT replicas of the:

2. EXACT replica of the IDF X95L's top rail (see pictures of X95Ls with ACOGs for reference)

I suppose IWI is the only company that can really address this, and they only have plans to offer the newer style short handguard as part of an SBR kit. The X95L short top rail would be pretty easy for some of the manufacturers on this forum to reproduce, however.

What I personally do not like are rails and components with flashy designs that distract from the weapon itself. The Razorback, for example, while I'm sure it's a very nice product, is just not my cup of tea. When it comes to rifles, I collect and use military weapons and components only.

Dude stop reading my mind and copy my firearms taste.

Jk, I think we both want a X95 like this one below, and with IWI US making 18" X95 for Canadians, we have a chance at X95Ls with 18" barrel, I might start taking service orders to make more thin battpads too.

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »

After much looking and contacting folks, what i'd like to see is a cantilever offset light mount for mounting on the top rail with a 90 deg off set instead of 45 deg. also a slight drop that would lower the light to where it was centered along the side of the rail would be great. I know what alot of folks are thinking, why not just use the side rails?, but i like the covers and the ability to add other things maybe in the future.

The USA system accomplishes this and doesn't even use up top rail space to do it.

The X95 with the Acog in that picture has an elevated rail that exposes the opening in the stock on top. If we made a rail like that, people would complain about allowing dirt inside their gun. They already do with the short Razorback on the Tavor because of the openings in the front even though that is exactly the same way it is used in the IDF and offered factory on the IDF model from IWI. It's hard tpo please everyone's tastes at the same time.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2016, 06:05:02 PM »

Gear Head--it is indeed impossible to please everyone. I can assure you though that there would be a strong demand for IDF-style rails for both the X95 and the SAR. You could use reference materials from pictures of actual IDF weapons for inspiration. As far as leaving the top open, I personally have no problem with that. The internals are already somewhat exposed because of the slots for the charging handle. Why not do a small run and see how they sell? These rails are currently unobtainium for a highly desirable product... let's just say there's a market opportunity right now since IWI doesn't currently want to bother with it.

As accurate as possible is best for those of us who just want to clone the military rifles (and there are many of us). But you could also compromise--make the bottom sealed like the stock IWI rail, but have the rail above still be shaped as closely to the IDF-style? I would think a rail like that would sell like hotcakes--it's a simple design and easy to produce. That's just the thing--some guys like the aggressive look of the Razorback and are happy with that--others just want the clean and simple design for the IDF look.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
wbpo5l

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »

What is the status of the .300 Blackout? I've sent numerous emails and Facebook messages to IWI inquiring without a reply. One vendor I contacted gave me a price and said I could pay them and they would order it for me and delivery would be a few weeks.  Doesn't really sound like it's readily available to me.

I'd like to see a .300 BO option, a match grade barrel option, and possibly a .308 option.
DekNgo
New Posting Member

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »

I know this is a really old thread, but...

Is there a source for the x95 45 degree selector assembly?
dc5dd

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »

How about this?  Multiple riser for picatinny rail detachable.

* wheeler-delta-series-multi-height-picatinny-rail-riser-set-156503-lg.jpg (95.78 KB, 1001x318 - viewed 86 times.)
Grizz

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

What is hanging off the stock on his rifle? The two orange things?
DubageL

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

Chamber safe/unloaded indicator.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 11:41:17 PM »

Yep, those are chamber flags.
pritch

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »

Integrally suppressed 300 BLK barrel and binary trigger ala Franklin Armory.
Grizz

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

Is anyone making a taller full length rail for the x95?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »

Is anyone making a taller full length rail for the x95?

Why yes actually.
http://www.shop.gearheadworks.com/X95-Razorback-full-length-rzrbk-X95L.htm

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Sollus91
New Posting Member

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »

Is there any chance Manticore Arms can make a full length top rail for the X95? I saw that Gear Head Works makes one, but the SAR version Manticore has is so much more affordable...
Jwill

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »

What I would like to see:

SAR to x95 conversion kit or an Aftermarket chassis which uses AR pistol grips.

Aftermarket barrels with an adjustable gas block (Why has this not happened yet?)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length