Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:56:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 Aftermarket Request Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: X95 Aftermarket Request Thread  (Read 13336 times)
Tshong
^

« on: April 29, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »

Hey guys,

I know the Tavor has some really cool aftermarket parts. I know we have several vendors scouting this forum. So, since we got the new X95, I wanted to start a thread here to discuss aftermarket ideas for them. Perhaps give them a snapshot of what end-users want to see improved in the current platform. Here are some things I noticed from reading BullpupForum, other forums, and youtube:

1. Pistol Grip - People have complained about the grip "bump" in the X95. This wasn't in the Tavor and it took some getting use to. I read one guy here dremeled the bump. It would be good to have a grip without thie "bump." Also on that note, it would be cool to have a X95 grip that is compatible with the FAB Defense Tavor Bipod or integrates the Bipod inside the grip altogether.

2. Handguard - People already foresee shaving some weight off by replacing the current picatinny rail system with KeyMod or MLok system. I'm not sure if there's enough height to add a flashlight anymore. The Pistol Grip appears to interface with the handguard. So, you can't add room to the bottom of the handguard to fit a flashlight without messing with the grip too. Maybe a vendor could workaround that by integrating a Pistol Grip and Handguard together.

3. Top Rail - Pretty much same requests as standard Tavor. Hearing the same demand to make the height match AR15's. Not sure if there's any room here to save on weight. 

4. Buttpad - The new X95 has a shorter buttpad (height wise). MAC said he liked the previous height of the Tavor (and as do I). It would be nice to add some height to this. Now, the caution here is if there's any material added here, it'll still need to allow me to rotate the buttpad to access my bolt. So, I thought maybe a pivot system? Like this: http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/tshong3182/X95%20Buttpad%20Idea_zps7tmsl9ve.png
I don't know. I leave the creativity to my favorite vendors, I just like the original Tavor butt better. Tongue

Open to other ideas! Post away!
Weltall

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:07:14 AM »

Aftermarket barrels would be cool. I'd love to see a 24-45 Sharp's.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »

Hey guys,

I know the Tavor has some really cool aftermarket parts. I know we have several vendors scouting this forum. So, since we got the new X95, I wanted to start a thread here to discuss aftermarket ideas for them. Perhaps give them a snapshot of what end-users want to see improved in the current platform. Here are some things I noticed from reading BullpupForum, other forums, and youtube:

1. Pistol Grip - People have complained about the grip "bump" in the X95. This wasn't in the Tavor and it took some getting use to. I read one guy here dremeled the bump. It would be good to have a grip without thie "bump." Also on that note, it would be cool to have a X95 grip that is compatible with the FAB Defense Tavor Bipod or integrates the Bipod inside the grip altogether.

2. Handguard - People already foresee shaving some weight off by replacing the current picatinny rail system with KeyMod or MLok system. I'm not sure if there's enough height to add a flashlight anymore. The Pistol Grip appears to interface with the handguard. So, you can't add room to the bottom of the handguard to fit a flashlight without messing with the grip too. Maybe a vendor could workaround that by integrating a Pistol Grip and Handguard together.

3. Top Rail - Pretty much same requests as standard Tavor. Hearing the same demand to make the height match AR15's. Not sure if there's any room here to save on weight. 

4. Buttpad - The new X95 has a shorter buttpad (height wise). MAC said he liked the previous height of the Tavor (and as do I). It would be nice to add some height to this. Now, the caution here is if there's any material added here, it'll still need to allow me to rotate the buttpad to access my bolt. So, I thought maybe a pivot system? Like this: http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/tshong3182/X95%20Buttpad%20Idea_zps7tmsl9ve.png
I don't know. I leave the creativity to my favorite vendors, I just like the original Tavor butt better. Tongue

Other then a buttpad I don't see anything else being added that would not cost a fortune to make. Other then the handguard which I think is just fine. The Other Aftermarket items already made for the Tavor. Like the Top-rail The QD Flex Swivel the Trigger packs and Bow . All work fine on the X-95  To make a New hand guard would be way to expensive to Profit from.
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 02:02:48 PM »

We will have rails and forends out in 30-45 days.    Other parts to follow.

Sven
Manticore Arms
BBMW

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 02:08:47 PM »

I could see where the people who make the podium bipod for the SAR could make a replacement pistol grip with the bipod built it.  That would make the installation cleaner, and not adding as much height as the SAR unit.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:42:18 PM by BBMW » Logged
pritch

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 04:56:48 PM »

I could see where the people who make the podium bipod for the SAR could make a replacement pistol grip with the bipod build it.  That would make the installation cleaner, and not adding as much height as the SAR unit.
+1
HebrewSlahmmer

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »

Hey guys,

Other then a buttpad I don't see anything else being added that would not cost a fortune to make. Other then the handguard which I think is just fine. The Other Aftermarket items already made for the Tavor. Like the Top-rail The QD Flex Swivel the Trigger packs and Bow . All work fine on the X-95  To make a New hand guard would be way to expensive to Profit from.

I dont think the full size top rais for the Tavor will fit the x95

Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »

Sven
Manticore Arms
Sven Aluminum rails ? What about the but pad ?
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 05:22:19 PM »

Sven
Manticore Arms
Sven Aluminum rails ? What about the but pad ?

Sorry, meant to say buttpads and top rails out in 30-45 days.  Working on a lot of designs right now for 4 different guns.    Wink

Sven
Manticore Arms
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »

Hey guys,

Other then a buttpad I don't see anything else being added that would not cost a fortune to make. Other then the handguard which I think is just fine. The Other Aftermarket items already made for the Tavor. Like the Top-rail The QD Flex Swivel the Trigger packs and Bow . All work fine on the X-95  To make a New hand guard would be way to expensive to Profit from.

I dont think the full size top rais for the Tavor will fit the x95
You're right it doesn't I have Gearhead works Top rail. It's actually pretty close The screws line up but it's just a little bit to short in length : It looks cool on though . So I'm sure Paul with figure out something .  Sven appears to have already made the move . Anyone want a Top rail for a Tavor ?? Give you a good deal.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:30:10 PM by Rick53 » Logged
davemkeller

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »

I'd like a longer rail just so that the rail bumps right up to my suppressor. I just love it on my ARs and wanted it on this one.
BBMW

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »

Sven,

Since Manticore had a bit of a hit with your SAR buttpad, I'm going to pitch a suggestion your way, but I don't know if it would work.

Since the stock X95 buttpad is extended to meet the NFA required length, would it be possible to make a, for lack of a better term, scalloped buttpad that met the overall length requirement at its longest point, but effectively shortened the length of the rifle when shouldered?  Your SAR buttpad sort of does this, but the X95 version would need to be more pronounced.
Johnny Gunz

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »

Sven,

Since Manticore had a bit of a hit with your SAR buttpad, I'm going to pitch a suggestion your way, but I don't know if it would work.

Since the stock X95 buttpad is extended to meet the NFA required length, would it be possible to make a, for lack of a better term, scalloped buttpad that met the overall length requirement at its longest point, but effectively shortened the length of the rifle when shouldered?  Your SAR buttpad sort of does this, but the X95 version would need to be more pronounced.
I really like that idea and wondered myself about it. My worry is that the LOP is already short and at over 6', I'm not sure of the ergos for shooting.
dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »

Sven,

That is what we did on the original Tavor Curved buttpad, and also what we are doing on the X95 Curved Buttpad.   The design keeps the gun out of NFA territory, but shaves almost an inch off the length of pull.   Might have some sneak peak pictures in a day or three, otherwise it will be on display at the NRA 2016 show at booth 4505 along with a few other X95 parts.   Smiley

Sven
Manticore Arms
BBMW

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »

^
Thanks.
ssumrall

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

The entire barrel front hand guard of the X95 does come off so all sorts of options could be opened up with that.  I always liked the enclosed flashlight in the barrel hand guard as that seemed to be the most elegant location for it.  The full grip guard/trigger guard that also connects into the barrel hand guard and has the option to change out with different choices could also be used in coordination with a barrel hand guard to make make some useful and lighter options than the stock version.  A full grip trigger guard with switch button locations incorporated into the "guard" part might be useful for some folks.  I wouldn't mind a combo trigger grip guard with a traditional trigger guard also built inside of it as I just feel better with that traditional trigger guard.  A barrel hand guard with a recessed vertical grip  that folds out could also be interesting to test out as sometimes you need the forward vertical grip and other times gripping without it is better depending on how and where you're shooting.  

Even without changing out the barrel hand guard if you remove the covers you still need something like the LWRCI RailSkins to make the unused rail space more user friendly to avoid the cheese-grater effect.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:31:43 PM by ssumrall » Logged
Ngomez20

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »

Sven,

That is what we did on the original Tavor Curved buttpad, and also what we are doing on the X95 Curved Buttpad.   The design keeps the gun out of NFA territory, but shaves almost an inch off the length of pull.   Might have some sneak peak pictures in a day or three, otherwise it will be on display at the NRA 2016 show at booth 4505 along with a few other X95 parts.   Smiley

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven,

Is there by any chance an ETA on the butt pad, and also I know all are coming out with a medium length top rail, but will yall be coming out with a full length version like the tavor?
X95CavScout
New Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 12:52:18 AM »

I asked FAB defense if they were going to create an X-95 version of the tavor podium, and they told me they had nonplans to make it. Honestly, gearhead and manyicore...you guys should hop on it! EVERYBODY would buy one of those! Or a forend that somone can recess a suppressor into! Also, the inly thing keeping me from buying a razorback is that the back of the rail closest to the cheekweld is squared off and sharp. If you guys tapered that down, I'd buy one in a second.
DubageL

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 07:08:09 AM »

Think Sven said on another post he has like 20 of them sitting on his desk and they should be out sometime in the next week.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »

I asked FAB defense if they were going to create an X-95 version of the tavor podium, and they told me they had nonplans to make it. Honestly, gearhead and manyicore...you guys should hop on it! EVERYBODY would buy one of those! Or a forend that somone can recess a suppressor into! Also, the inly thing keeping me from buying a razorback is that the back of the rail closest to the cheekweld is squared off and sharp. If you guys tapered that down, I'd buy one in a second.

Actually the back of the Razorback has had a lot of attention given to it to make sure every edge and corner is rounded so it doesn't poke your nose. We did the same thing with the Tavor rail and just carried it over to the X95. Nobody ever said the Tavor rail poked them so I take that as we did it right.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length