Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 07:29:40 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  First prototype of ShootingSight PS90 trigger
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: First prototype of ShootingSight PS90 trigger  (Read 27243 times)
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »

Steel has been ordered for the triggers, and CNC programming for the trigger pack has started.  Progress.

Still likely a few months out, but the project is gathering steam.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
c7aea

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 01:17:53 AM »

Good to hear.

Is it still to early for a guesstimate on price?
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »

I'm bechmarking on my delrin Tavor trigger, which is around $300.  It still has 3 internal components (trigger/hammer/disconnector).  Trigger will be slightly less expensive, as it is not an assembly that requires brazing, but it will require a transfer bar to engage the rods, so that is likely a wash.  The parts are slightly bigger, but that is not a major cost factor.  TBD what a drop safety feature will cost, but I think it will be OK.

I think that some streamlining in my Tavor trigger manufacturing that I'm just bringing on-line will be reflected in this, so without promising anything, I'll guess that my target price is in the $285 range.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
Dragon01
^

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »

I'm bechmarking on my delrin Tavor trigger, which is around $300.  It still has 3 internal components (trigger/hammer/disconnector).  Trigger will be slightly less expensive, as it is not an assembly that requires brazing, but it will require a transfer bar to engage the rods, so that is likely a wash.  The parts are slightly bigger, but that is not a major cost factor.  TBD what a drop safety feature will cost, but I think it will be OK.

I think that some streamlining in my Tavor trigger manufacturing that I'm just bringing on-line will be reflected in this, so without promising anything, I'll guess that my target price is in the $285 range.

Nice!  Thanks again for taking this project on.
sn9550

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »

Looking forward to the finished product!
Dragon01
^

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »

Art,

It's been a while since I bothered you.  How are you doing and how is this project progressing?  If word is true about the MDR I wont be able to afford the trigger but I did'nt want you to think I forgot about you.
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »

I had not heard about the MDR.  What is going on there?

PS90 trigger is progressing nicely.  I had my first prototype at the NRA show a month or two ago.  I've since had an initial batch of triggers and hammer made, and am working on finalizing the housing design, plus making the transfer bar.  I have not started on the drop safety, so I'll likely get a few of these functional for testing without a drop safety, and determine afterwards if the drop safety is necessary.

Frankly, in looking at it, the drop safety that is in there makes no sense.  It works when the rifle is dropped on its butt, however in all testing I have done, when you drop a rifle on its butt, the bolt carrier slides out of battery.  It feels like it was put in there by lawyers, not by engineers.

The issue for me is time.  THere are three projects I want to roll out by Christmas, so I'm going to be busy.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
Dragon01
^

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »

Nice, it sounds like the project is coming along Art.  In regards to the MDR there is word on the street (or this forum) that shipments could be starting in early August and that SgtP had a meeting scheduled with DT.  If the chatter is true the bullpup community might finally get their hands on the most anticipated gun of 2014, 2015 2016
Shipwreck

Beretta & Hockey Nut!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »

Interesting thread - just saw it for the first time. Cool!

300winmag

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »

WELL.... I just happen to have a Gen. 1 AUG and a Gen. 2 PS90 so you have a "market" with me. I'm impressed that someone has the engineering skill, the motivation and the machinery to do this. Now the third M, money, will determine the final outcome.

Keep us posted on both trigger pass.

And yes, starting from scratch permits you to make it right without compromises imposed by the factory pack. Compatibility with action rods seating and stock housing dimensions are the main constraints you have to deal with.

Eric B.
300winmag

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 10:03:35 PM »

Steyr makes their AUG hammer from engineering grade polymer for a reason. They last far longer than the metal AR hammers.

Try making yours from Delrin. I'm interested in your setup.

Eric B.
Treg06

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »

I don't know if anyone's attempted this trigger spring retrofit for their PS90, but I recently installed one on mine and have been pleased with the results:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIMTnzCR9BQ
Treg06
medicrn11
^

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »

What's the word on the ETA?
Zeiram3f

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2016, 11:31:21 PM »

Count me in as an interested party as well. Looking forward to seeing the results of this endeavor.
gotfish

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »

Hey Art...
Is that the PS90 I sold you a couple years ago on the FN Forum?  The side rails / covers looked familiar in the photo.  If so, pretty excited to see that my toy became the lab rat for your new trigger.  I've regretted selling the rifle off and on since, and hope to get another one somewhere down the line. 

Either way, congrats on the design & progress!
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 12:04:45 AM »

I got to feel the prototype pack in a PS90 this weekend. All I can say is WOW! It's a game changer!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Box

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 01:50:20 AM »

Tell us more!
wreckless

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »

If Art can do his magic on the lame PS90 trigger like he did with the Tavor then I am all in. Good luck from a satisfied customer.
Box

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »

I saw a video of Art discussing his trigger pack for the PS90.    If anyone knows of any other videos, can you post them?

Very excited for it!
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »

Guys, I don't get excited about too many aftermarket parts. After pulling the trigger on his prototype  I think it's going to be bigger than the TAV-D!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length