Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2017, 05:27:00 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Getting Started...
| |-+  Bullpup Design, Definition, History
| | |-+  Bench shooting a bullpup rifle
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bench shooting a bullpup rifle  (Read 8498 times)
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: April 22, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »

In MAC's latest video about the X95, he has complains about bench shooting the rifle. I've noticed other complaints about bench shooting a bullpup. Personally, I've had my issues. Shot through the top of my bag on a couple of occasions.

Anyone have advice or guidance they'd like to share? I can see how a rifle with a shorter barrel (ie, something in the 16 inch realm as opposed to 20+) would present some issues, especially if you're used to bench shooting a non-bullpup rifle.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »

The Tavor podium and a 10 or 20 round mag makes bench shooting super easy. It's the 30 round mags that make things difficult.

I don't have an issue shooting of the bench at all. A sand bag under the butt helps too.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »

The Tavor podium and a 10 or 20 round mag makes bench shooting super easy. It's the 30 round mags that make things difficult.

I don't have an issue shooting of the bench at all. A sand bag under the butt helps too.

Now that is something I've seen but never tried. Usually I just try and tuck my other arm underneath it.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:16:38 PM »

I have a Caldwell lead sled that adjusts the spacing between rests. It works good for bullpups but sits up high off the bench so it makes it awkward to use.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
dethspec
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »

10-20 mag and a sock-bag. What is the sock bag? Grab a cotton tube sock and dump one of those $15 cans of BBs from Walmart into it. Tie once, and then fold over. You now have a perfectly solid shooting plateform on which to either rest the handguard or add two more socks to rest the gun on. Cheap, solid, compact, works - without the sand. Not my idea, props to AK47 Operators Union youtube how to.
Dani_Roberts
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 06:28:42 AM »

I'd go with the Tavor as the winner
pitbullpup

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:22 AM »

Two things would make benching a Tavor awesome - aluminum replacement legs for the TAR podium, and for some manufacturer (Manticore maybe?) to make a monopod friendly (either short railed or stud mount) replacement buttpad/butt assembly.

☯ again
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length