Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2017, 08:29:34 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Code name "Tomcat"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Code name "Tomcat"  (Read 15611 times)
pokemon1989

« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2016, 07:20:50 PM »

Taking a wild guess here.  Tunable Ported Brake.  Has to be since most of the pics show the arresting hook.
afuntxcowboy

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »

Nope
pokemon1989

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2016, 12:28:44 PM »

It was worth a try.  Only got a couple days left anyways.  Was I close?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2016, 01:18:10 AM »

You weren't close Pokemon. Some of these guys are great at not spoiling the reveal even after seeing the leaked info. I appreciate it fellas.

We are setting up the email blast to go out at 12:01 AM EST 1/1/17. All will be revealed in full. A new year, a new administration, a new hope and a new direction with Gear Head Works. This has been a very long time coming and I'm still not even sure I'm ready for it. But I'm not waiting any longer. SHOT is right around the corner and the world will want to see it. This will likely be my last picture update too. This reveal got pushed back so far from when it was originally supposed to be released that I myself was about fed up with it. I've been trying to keep looking at the positives though. The extra time did give me more opportunity to improve on what was already a great product. We have actually already made 2 small batches of one of these versions. Each time improving it. So the delay has resulted in a better product for you the consumer.

A few of your guesses were starting to head the right direction a long time ago. Of course I wan't going to admit to it then.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2017, 02:15:45 AM »

Ok guys.

Here you go;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlxNWyODuG4

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2017, 02:28:35 AM »

Very nice! I love it! blasting

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
afuntxcowboy

« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »

I like the one for the CZ Scorpion Evo
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »

Super cool and ingenious. It kinda reminds me of the old spas 12 hook that was all but useless except for the carrying handle aspect of that particular design.

It looks nice and light weight yet ruggedly built. I would never of guessed that one
Stompy

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »

I'm sure a Galil Ace pistol version is already in the works as gear head just got one in the shop. We need dedicated Draco and Npap pistol versions that fold. The current brace systems and M4 stock adapters for those platforms don't work well and are not very stable or secure. Also an Mini Uzi pistol brace that would attach similar to the original folding stock it even looks like the tail hook already. An under folder brace would be cool too.

* IMG_2157.JPG (21.2 KB, 650x279 - viewed 34 times.)
dntam

« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2017, 01:53:59 PM »

I was hoping it was something you could use on a bullpup. Looks good though if you need it to stabilize a pistol. I guess for now a cheek rest is ok but touching your shoulder is not.  Hopefully the ATF won't reverse rulings on this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:41:38 PM by dntam » Logged
EWTHeckman

« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »

That looks really slick! Short barrel PCC owners should be beating down your doors to order them.

Congrats on getting it done!
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »

Thanks guys. This has been a lot of work for over a year now. We even had early prototypes at SHOT last year kept hidden for people under NDA. ATF approval is what kept delaying release. That's why it went from a spring release to winter. The government works on their own timeline and could care less about quoted lead times they give evidently.

We still managed to get out some new bullpup parts but the sparse new offerings from last year is because we had a ton of focus on the Tailhook. But don't worry, I still have new stuff for the X95 coming out!

maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »

These don't apply much to me, but I bet you make a ton of money off them.

Congratulations on the impending success!
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

These don't apply much to me, but I bet you make a ton of money off them.

Congratulations on the impending success!

Thanks Maleante, I didn't figure you would fall into the target market for this since it won't work on an Aug lol.

Being in business for yourself is more work than any job I've held. But it is also the most rewarding. Not monetarily, but knowing that any success or failure is yours to bear and not somebody else's. GHW has been a way for me to get my creative ideas out there for others to enjoy.

ASH22

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

Enjoy we do!!
Great products from a great guy!
Can't get any better than this.
xpdchief

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2017, 07:48:39 AM »

As always Paul, my hat's off to you.

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
devildog911

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »

Cool deviation from the braces already out there. I'm glad your endeavors have paid off. I can't lie and say that I'm not disappointed that it wasn't something innovative for the Tavor. With the products you've released thus far we look forward to more.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chris
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »

I haven't posted an update in a long time since it's public now. But we are getting closer to shipping. So I am starting a new poll in a another thread. Posting here too so people subscribed will see it.

Ok guys and gals, we have been getting numerous requests a day for a Tailhook pre-sale ever since it went public. I've basically ignored them as we weren't close enough to shipping. But now we are getting close and I am still getting the requests. I estimate another 4-6 weeks to ship to customers.

Despite a very large first batch, it still will not be enough to satisfy even the beginning of the demand that has grown to a tremendous amount since SHOT. New distributors sign on every week and I have started telling them that they will have to wait till the next batch now. I have to save some for our own web store still too!

Oh, I had a limited edition patch made to commemorate "Project Tomcat" as it was know for the last year and a half or so too. So I thought I might include the patch with pre-orders for free.

So tell me, are you willing to go ahead and get one and wait, or rush the website when they go live with everyone else?

Keep in mind this is for the Tailhook only. Not the Scorpion adapter. We hope to offer the adapter soon though. In the mean time, you can use the Tailhook Mod 1 on anything round between 1.17" and 1.2" with at least 7/8" worth of space available.

EWTHeckman

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »

I've been eyeing the B&T APC9 pretty hard. Will one of the first versions fit that?
ASH22

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »

I'm in for a Mod 2.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length