Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:00:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  40th Anniversary AUG Coming
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: 40th Anniversary AUG Coming  (Read 42184 times)
leopardprey

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

Pete, I remember looking Steyr Aug for sale in 1991 at the gun store.  Always regret not getting one.

Would those have had the 20" Barrel?

The scope on these 40 year version, will be like the original, i.e. "The donut of death" 1.5" reticle?

Thanks. 
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »

Yes all will have 20" barrels and the 1.5 circle dot reticle scope.

Pete
TBM900
^

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »

Pete

That right there is my primary reason for jumping on this, I love the original reticle and slim scope.
IMO Steyr disgraced the AUG with that railed abomination of a scope on the A3M1.
The 3x magnification is nice, I can even live with the crosshairs, but the rails......  Tongue. Ugh!

I've seen a few 'forum rumors' in the past few months that asserted Steyr is going to be offering the original style slim scopes for the A3M1, does anyone know if this is true? I would gladly retrofit mine in a heartbeat.

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-Wilbur Wright
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »

I told them I want to order some, I have quite a few customers that would like to have the slim scope.

I should be able to get some right after the STG77 comes in.

Pete

leopardprey

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 09:06:15 PM »

Yes, put me on that list as well please.

Pete, think you misunderstood my question before.  Did the Steyr Augs for sale in 1991 come with 20" barrels as standard?    The 20" barrels were standard as well for most of the military issue Augs also, correct? 

Interesting, looking at the specs, is that an AUG with a 20" barrel is still shorter than a M-4, stock fully extended,  with a 14.5" barrel by almost 2 inches.   If I am reading the specs right.   
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »

Yes all the green AUGs that were imported came with a 20" barrel.

The 16s came out on the Black Police AUGs in early 89

20" AUG is 31" OAL

Pete

leopardprey

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 10:12:57 PM »

Order some more brass catchers also please.   Smiley
Matell
^

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »

Sh*t......I just saw this....and have an A3M1 coming from Pete to my FFL on Monday!

Would've made a much better candidate (less to do) to turn into an F88SA2 homage rifle than the A3M1.... Oh well   Sad

PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »

Order some more brass catchers also please.   Smiley

I have them in stock.

Pete

maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »

Pete

That right there is my primary reason for jumping on this, I love the original reticle and slim scope.
IMO Steyr disgraced the AUG with that railed abomination of a scope on the A3M1.
The 3x magnification is nice, I can even live with the crosshairs, but the rails......  Tongue. Ugh!

I've seen a few 'forum rumors' in the past few months that asserted Steyr is going to be offering the original style slim scopes for the A3M1, does anyone know if this is true? I would gladly retrofit mine in a heartbeat.

Circle-dot isn't the original original reticle. It's just like the "donut of death" but it has a very small center dot. In my opinion it's a much better reticle design than the solitary donut.

I'm assuming that these use the old style scope tube design and not the newer tube design. If that's the case then you could swap tubes with a swarovski donut of death scope tube - providing you can acquire one.

Circle-dot:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:51:53 PM by maleante » Logged
leopardprey

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »

I would like that.  Would have the quick target acquisition the "Donut of Death" had, for CQB, but the center dot would allow more accuracy for longer ranges or zeroing.

On the newer 1.5" scopes, on the M-1 versions, the dot or crosshairs limits a little bit of accuracy as well. Though I still get very tight groups at 50/100 meters.  Just use the cross hairs, to the edge of the circle and kind of hard to explain, but just kind of envision them in the center of the circle. 
FullAssault

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

I had to get on the list one!  Grin  now if we can get those full railed lo pro SF scopes all be very happy!

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
-Samuel Adams
leopardprey

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »

So any update on when we can expect Pete to be getting a shipment in?   Need this before summer at the latest.  Wink
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »

My sources say Sept.

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
rkwjunior
New Posting Member

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 05:03:03 PM »

Pete , have you heard anything on receivers coming up for sale as stand alone items ? Either these or M1 receivers ?

Working on it real hard! Getting parts from Austria to make spare receivers seem to be the problem!

I will keep you guys posted, hopefully it will happen soon.

Thanks,
Pete

I'm IN for a standalone receiver, I've been waiting for one so i can make a dedicated 9mm gun.
photog22740
^

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »

Pete , have you heard anything on receivers coming up for sale as stand alone items ? Either these or M1 receivers ?

Working on it real hard! Getting parts from Austria to make spare receivers seem to be the problem!

I will keep you guys posted, hopefully it will happen soon.

Thanks,
Pete

I'm IN for a standalone receiver, I've been waiting for one so i can make a dedicated 9mm gun.

Ditto
rambo

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 10:10:28 PM »

Will the new slim scope optics be made by Swarovski?

PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »

No Sir, Swarovski hasn't made any optics for Steyr since the USR in 97.

Pete
photog22740
^

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2016, 04:18:49 PM »

I wonder if this means that there will also be non-anniversary AUG A1s as well, in addition to the limited run 40th anniversary-marked ones?
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »

I wonder if this means that there will also be non-anniversary AUG A1s as well, in addition to the limited run 40th anniversary-marked ones?

No there won't be any non-anniversary AUG A1s, so that is the word from Steyr.

Just a run of 400 then back to the standard A3 style stocks, charging handles, etc.

I would like to see the skinny scopes continued in production as options though.

Pete   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length