Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 03:10:01 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  40th Anniversary AUG Coming
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: 40th Anniversary AUG Coming  (Read 34516 times)
BarryinIN
^

« on: March 27, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »

I saw this on Pete's website:
http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/STG77.html
LazyEngineer

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »

Interesting.

To be honest... I'm not sure.   I do like the skinny scope - I think the M1 scope with all the rails looks stupid.  But I do like the modern 3X power scope power, and reticle design, better than a floating donut.  No bolt release, vegetation-snagger flashhider,... I don't know. 

If you're one for the nostalgia, then there 's that.  I'm not, but I can totally see other people being fired up about that.
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »

maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »

Interesting.

To be honest... I'm not sure.   I do like the skinny scope - I think the M1 scope with all the rails looks stupid.  But I do like the modern 3X power scope power, and reticle design, better than a floating donut.  No bolt release, vegetation-snagger flashhider,... I don't know. 

If you're one for the nostalgia, then there 's that.  I'm not, but I can totally see other people being fired up about that.

The picture isn't an actual representation of what it will be, but it's close... I'm sure that when Pete gets a picture of the production model it will be updated on his site.

The open prong FH that's in the picture won't be used, it will be the old style hex check nut with the 905 type closed flash hider. The optic I was told will be "A2 type" so I'm hopeful that there will be an A2 optic mated to the M1 receiver. It will also use the M1 type receiver with the QD socket up front.

Pete will probably be along to explain more, but that about covers it.
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 07:49:12 PM »

It will have the closed end flash hider

Grin
65k10

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 09:31:04 PM »

I got pretty excited when I saw Pete put up the page on his website. I can't wait to get my hands on one. I like my A3, but I'd love to have something close to what got me interested in the AUG in the first place.
7n6

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »

I'm reporting this entire thread to the moderators for causing panic...

HNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

Yah I'll take one.

7n6
leopardprey

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »

On the list. 
DMays

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 09:07:26 PM »

Which rail is the replacement for the optic?

Example:  USR type, m1 type, etc

I only have an A1 so have no experience with rails on the AUG.
sgt. mac
^

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 09:37:38 PM »

Called today and got on the list.  This is the AUG I have been waiting to get since I got into collecting.  If you are on the fence, I would strongly encourage you to move sooner than later.
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »

Which rail is the replacement for the optic?

Example:  USR type, m1 type, etc

I only have an A1 so have no experience with rails on the AUG.

If one wishes they can change the scope out with an M1 short or long rail.

All 400 Anniversary STG77s will come with the scopes.

Cool
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »

Called today and got on the list.  This is the AUG I have been waiting to get since I got into collecting.  If you are on the fence, I would strongly encourage you to move sooner than later.

Yep, these are going to be gone nearly instantly...
Aussie_Brad

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »

Any experts on CA law?

I spent quite a few years in the Australian Defence Force and would love to grab a 40th year steyr.

Now for my question, Is it illegal to own a stock without a bullet button or is it illegal to fit a stock without a bullet button? If I got an anniversary steyr I would like to keep the original stock in new condition (without modification) and then purchase a second stock that is modified with a BB.

Thanks for any advice.

PS - Hurry up with the CA compliant 308 mdr...... I'll take one of those as well.
joe_sun

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 08:35:30 PM »

Any experts on CA law?

I spent quite a few years in the Australian Defence Force and would love to grab a 40th year steyr.

Now for my question, Is it illegal to own a stock without a bullet button or is it illegal to fit a stock without a bullet button? If I got an anniversary steyr I would like to keep the original stock in new condition (without modification) and then purchase a second stock that is modified with a BB.

Thanks for any advice.

PS - Hurry up with the CA compliant 308 mdr...... I'll take one of those as well.

In California there isn't a constructive possession law in regards to "Assault Weapons" so some people think you can just separate an upper from a lower and you're fine. Which you might be, most don't recommend it. I've heard of more than 1 case where cops will come in and assemble the weapon and then charge you with a felony.

The problem is California is so anti gun and the laws are so confusing that even the cops don't understand them. That being said all signs point to all semi auto weapons being banned in California come January 1st. It's not law yet but it's not far from it. AB 1663 and AB 1664

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »

So in on this!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
leopardprey

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »

Pete.

So will this only be available with the 20" barrel? Or will it be possible to get with the 18" barrel?

PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »

Pete.

So will this only be available with the 20" barrel? Or will it be possible to get with the 18" barrel?

They all will come with 20" barrels with matching serial number on the barrel.

For collector purpose you would want to keep the matching barrel with it.

Pete
Home_alone1

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »

Pete , have you heard anything on receivers coming up for sale as stand alone items ? Either these or M1 receivers ?
TBM900
^

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 09:30:00 PM »

Price?

In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-Wilbur Wright
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

Pete , have you heard anything on receivers coming up for sale as stand alone items ? Either these or M1 receivers ?

Working on it real hard! Getting parts from Austria to make spare receivers seem to be the problem!

I will keep you guys posted, hopefully it will happen soon.

Thanks,
Pete
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length