Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 26, 2017, 06:44:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  Ultra small BUIS coming soon...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ultra small BUIS coming soon...  (Read 3031 times)
HighTowerArmory

« on: March 25, 2016, 11:17:41 AM »

Hello people of bullpup nation!

HTA just finished developing our new BUIS system for weapons with limited rail space and raised rails. It's based on an innovation we developed for our Ruger 10/22 bullpup stock in which a pair of Glock pistol sights can be directly inserted into the optics rail.

With our new MULTI sight design, no milling is required. Just install on your rail, and instantly you'll have a super low profile back up iron sight. WIth suppressor height sights, you'll actually be able to cowittness in the lower third on microdots like the RMR and Fastfire. Just as importantly, you'll be able to select the type of sight you want to use, since any Glock sight will work.

This means, if you're using your PS90 or similar weapon for home defense, you'll be able to install a pair of night sights on your PS90. Check our site for these- they will be coming soon! Let us know if you have any questions and thanks so much!

Andy and the team at HTA

* rear quarter night.JPG (154.17 KB, 829x553 - viewed 263 times.)

* Rear only.JPG (190.58 KB, 881x588 - viewed 177 times.)

* Front only.JPG (176.24 KB, 881x588 - viewed 156 times.)

* rear night.JPG (163.73 KB, 933x622 - viewed 179 times.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:28:03 AM by HighTowerArmory » Logged
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »

This is friggin awesome.  I've been trying to decide what to do for sights on my PS90 for a while since the peep built into the rail is pretty blah, but I didn't like the cheek weld trying to use most of the red dots.  Any idea on cost for the mounts?

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit)
-Other Stuff (no AR's, no Glocks Cheesy)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »

Hey FS2000OD!

Thanks so much for your comments and enthusiasm! We're pretty pumped for how it turned out as well!

We're thinking an MSRP of about $39.99 for the set of bases. Overtime, if quantities increase we may be able to decrease that slightly. Let us know if you have any questions on specifics and thanks again for your interest!

Andy and the team at HTA
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 12:52:58 AM »

I've got all the details I need!  Now I just need to pick out a set of glock sights! Cheesy

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit)
-Other Stuff (no AR's, no Glocks Cheesy)
The Heretic

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »

Great idea.

Suggestion:

Offer the option of the front sight mount with low profile "wings" to protect the sight - probably don't need to be any higher than the sight itself.

How I would use this would be with fiber optic/tritium sights - the rear being a ghost ring. On a rifle I would prefer to have some traditional protection for the front sight.
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »

Hey Heretic!

Thanks so much for the suggestion! We can definitely come up with something for that type of setup! There's another product coming to our line-up that works only with these bases, but that wouldn't prevent us from doing a winged version. For what it's worth, they seem very strong and have withstood a great deal of abuse already. Basically as strong as they would be on any pistol. More pictures to follow soon on the new product! Thanks so much for your post and let us know if anything else comes to mind! Thanks again!

Andy and the team
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 10:39:19 AM »

Hey guys! These are now posted on our site! Let me know if you guys have any questions and thanks so much!

http://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMULTIBASE

Andy and the team at HTA
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »

Hey gang! Here's a video done by a reviewer on our new Glock bases. Let me know if you guys have any questions and thanks again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wul81eJ7Gk

Andy and the team at HTA
FeistyCrawfish

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:44 PM »

This is a godsend for me. I have been looking for SO long for something exactly like this for my AUG. Thank you so much!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »

Thanks Feisty! We appreciate the encouragement- we made these for folks like you who have that impossibly short rail and need a backup sight they can trust 100% of the time. Let us know how they work on your AUG and if you have any questions or if anything comes up, always feel free to post here, email me or call me direct! We're happy to help! Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA
MattyGuns

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »

Boy am I glad I clicked on this link!!! I finally found a BUIS for my AUG that I LIKE!!!
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »

Thanks Matty! We've heard some really great things from guys who have tried them on their AUG so let us know if they work out for you too! Thanks again,

Andy and the team at HTA
spyderco monkey

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »

I am so glad I stumbled across these!! I nearly ended up spending $150 for a set of CZ EVO irons sights to mount to my AUG optic, this is a much more versatile option!

Have you been using them with the Advantage Tactical sights? If so, how do you like them? And is there another Glock sight option that you prefer?
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

Hey Spyder!

There are a lot of great options out there but regrettably I don't own an AUG so I can't recommend anything in particular. Having said that, I do actually really like the Advantage sites on our kit/p90. This is probably pretty analogous to an AUG based on sight rail position and sight radius. There are also some nice adjustable sights available as well- the Meprolight adjustable sights aren't cheap, but it is super cool to have a tritium back up on a rifle. Hope that helps! Thanks so much for your interest and please let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Andy and the team at HTA
spyderco monkey

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »

Thanks Andy. I also have a PS90, so you may end up getting me on a few of these ;-)

For the Advantage Sights on the PS90, what are you finding the point of impact to be at 7 yards? And what kind of accuracy are you getting with them at various distances? Im not interested in super precise groups, but I would like to be able to tag something like a coke can at 7-35 yards with them if possible.

Also, another sight option out there that you might like, which I have on my 17L, are Speed Sights. Combines a triangular front sight with tritium.
http://www.speedsights.com/
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »

Hey Spyder!

The nice thing about the Advantage sights is that they come with elevation shims so you can raise and lower the front sight as needed. Each gun is going to be a little different, but I think we had to use 2 of the shims to get it zeroed for around 20-25 yds. Without any shims, I think the zero was right around 7-10 yards if memory serves. We will definitely look into getting some of those speed sights! Those are sick!

One thing to keep in mind with fixed sights is that if you get a front and rear sight that are the same height, your line of sight will be running parallel to the bore- this means on a gun like the P90, your point of aim will always be about 2-3 inches above the point of impact. This difference will get bigger at longer ranges. The math can be tricky but it isn't impossible to figure out what the height difference between front and rear sights needs to be to ensure a zero at a given range. I can definitely compute that for you too if you have a zero range in mind. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and thank you again!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length