Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 01:05:51 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  M14/M1A Bullpup
| | |-+  Rogue Bullpup vs Sage EBR
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rogue Bullpup vs Sage EBR  (Read 10921 times)
Night_Viper
^

« on: March 20, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »

I am torn. I am a Bullpup fanatic at heart, so I'm trying to look at this objectively. I'm wondering which is all around a better configuration. The Rogue Bullpup Stock or Sage EBR with telescoping stock.

I have both. I've fired the Bullpup. What I like about it, is it feels lighter, much easier to maneuver with, so much easier to handle. Never had a chance to do any accuracy testing with it.

The Sage looks really nice, it's awesome, and is a well respected, and recommended stock. However in this configuration it's huge, cumbersome, feels freaking heavy. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

Both guns were built by Smith Enterprise. They normally don't install the Bullpup stock, but did it for me as a favor. The guy at Smith swears by the Sage, sells it to the military, has a lot of experience with it, personally uses it, etc. He claims the Rogue is a piece of crap, hates it, and claims in the Sage Stock I'll get far more accuracy, consistency, etc. He also admits hating Bullpups.

Unfortunately, I have to sell one of these. I want the one that will be more accurate, durable, and dependable. I am getting a 308 MDR that I preordered. It seems that it would be easier to sell the Sage due to being more popular, but I want to keep the best one. Please lend your thoughts, experience, and expertise.
Viragovato
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »

From reading your post, I think you've answered your own question already. Keep the Rogue Bullpup.

Dictated to/typed by my trained monkey, Trump.

semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 04:12:24 PM »

Do you have a standard barrel on your Rogue?  If you upgraded the barrel before buying your rogue, I'll bet it will shoot as well as the MDR and better at longer ranges since you have a 22 inch barrel on it as to a 16 inch on the MDR.  I recall reading an article a ways back where special forces were trying either the Rogue or Bullfrog configuration as the M4 was not able to reach out a touch someone.

I have 2 Rogues with smith enterprises harden polytech receivers.  I was putting one up for sale to use the money to buy a MDR.  In 6 months I have not had a single call on it.  Most people just do not know what it is and then you have your bull pup haters.  My Rogues are only about 2 inches longer than my Tavors and carry a 4 inch longer barrel.

Sell your EBR, will be easier to sell and if S*&t ever hits the fan, you will be much better off with the rogue - IMHO

Just found this video on you tube - " CUSTOM M14 JUGGERNAUT ROGUE! "  this Russian as it installed on a full auto M14.  If this is not enough to show you to keep your Rogue - I do not know what is  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8iX8Lnogf4
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:25:05 PM by semper paratus » Logged
Night_Viper
^

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »

I definitely like the Bullpup better than the Sage. The guy at Smith swore the Sage set up would be more accurate, but who knows.

I actually have the Bulldog stock. I got the two mixed up. I have a 22" medium heavy Smith barrel on a Smith receiver. I wish I had the Juggernaut stock because it has the left side charging handle and a few other features.

You're definitely right on the Sage being easier to sell.
jcarneytx

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 12:23:25 AM »

If it were me, I'd sell the Sage STOCK, keep the barreled action. I love my Rogue, and was thinking, some day, to buy a barreled action (Fulton, Rockola, et al) and some day another Rogue (I have the black, would love the FDE/Bronze version) Still have the original M1A mossy oak stock, so really wouldn't be hurting for an upgrade too soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length