Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  UTAS UTS-15
| | |-+  New UTS-15 Kryptek - A couple of questions and issues
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New UTS-15 Kryptek - A couple of questions and issues  (Read 5807 times)
toro1966

« on: March 11, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »

Hey guys - just received my new UTS-15 in Kryptek Neptune.  Beautiful gun but a couple of issues and questions I was hoping to get some opinions on.
1 - Looks like at the very front of the pump action has a small (minor)  piece of the kryptek missing.  It's not the small piece missing that's the issue because it's only about the size of a pea/pebble. The issue is that based on the design, it will continue to get beat up by the swivel.  I want to remove the swivels because I never plan to use them.  How do I remove them?  More importantly, are there replacement posts or something that fit there that will fill the hole without the swivels?

2 - This might not be an issue, but it looks like there is a small piece of the coating missing from near the weld in the barrel.  Not sure what the cause is, and it looks innocent enough, but I am concerned because it is on the weld.  It looks surface only - but should i be concerned?  Pics below.  

3 - This isn't necessarily an issue, but I want to make sure it is as it is supposed to be - between the two magazine tubes is the selector switch and then under the selector switch is a small thin piece of metal that moves freely back and forth.  You can move it with your hand.  Is that how it is supposed to be?

Thanks for the assistance!
Untitled by acevedor2, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:10:33 AM by toro1966 » Logged
toro1966

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:50:58 PM »

I actually managed to remove the swivels themselves (the studs are still in there of course).  I was just overthinking it Smiley

That said, I am definitely interested in the swivels and studs in the picture below.  I believe it is of a gen 4.  Any diea where to get them?
UTS15 Swivel by acevedor2, on Flickr
Dizzy82

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »

The kryptek UTS variants are hydro dipped, so unfortunately some peeling is to be expected over the long haul. I don't have any advice on the coating by the weld. Maybe sand it a little and have it blued in that area? Your best bet for the QD swivel mounts is to contact UTAS and ask them if they can be ordered. You can also inquire about the other issues as well.

FS2000
SCAR-17
FiveseveN IOM
Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
Beretta 21A
SPAS-12
HK FABARM FP6
toro1966

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 06:58:20 PM »

The kryptek UTS variants are hydro dipped, so unfortunately some peeling is to be expected over the long haul. I don't have any advice on the coating by the weld. Maybe sand it a little and have it blued in that area? Your best bet for the QD swivel mounts is to contact UTAS and ask them if they can be ordered. You can also inquire about the other issues as well.

Thanks.  I did contact UTAS and they very friendly and tried to help.  They said they didn't have any spare Kryptek parts because these guns have not been made in over a year.  He did offer to send me the parts in black, but I told him not to worry about it since the issue is so minor.

I plan on just putting some coating on that one spot on the weld since it appears to be cosmetic only.  I was initially worried the weld might be compromised but it doesn't appear so. 

As far as the swivel mounts, he said they come with the sling they sell.  Though not sure since I haven't seen the packaging.
Bullydude

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:49 AM »

That sucks and the reason the first thing I did was remove them damn swivels as I will never use a sling.

Is your color off or is that a blackish - grey color ? My marine version is blue and did not know they came in other colors with the hydro dip.

You can get the replacement part in black and have it dipped.

UTAS UTS-15 Marine
Billofrights

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »

That sucks and the reason the first thing I did was remove them damn swivels as I will never use a sling.

Is your color off or is that a blackish - grey color ? My marine version is blue and did not know they came in other colors with the hydro dip.

You can get the replacement part in black and have it dipped.

That isn't the marine version- the Neptune Kryptek is just what they call that pattern.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length