Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 12, 2021, 02:41:06 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  JARD Inc. J67
| | |-+  Jard J67 - 9mm Bullpup
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Jard J67 - 9mm Bullpup  (Read 39296 times)
minnownoir

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 05:52:55 PM »

I too had the doubling and tripling issue.  I contacted JARD, and spoke with Dean (great guy - very friendly & helpful). 

He suggested that the trigger was probably not adjusted properly at the factory, and got me the relevant section of the manual for adjusting it (the new manual has the correct procedure).  I was a bit skeptical, but I adjusted it as per the manual, and it's been flawless ever since.  I am very happy with it, it's a blast to shoot, and I heartily recommend the J67!

Interesting that the guys at the shop were unable to fix the problem for the other poster if it was such a simple adjustment that you were able to achieve flawless results after just reading the manual.
firewire

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »

Interesting that the guys at the shop were unable to fix the problem for the other poster if it was such a simple adjustment that you were able to achieve flawless results after just reading the manual.

I only spoke with Dean everytime I called, and I also sent him videos and pictures (before and after actually mailing it back for inspection).  I do feel I am pretty handy, and I felt confident I had the trigger adjusted as correct as it could be based upon the instructions and dry firing.  Initially (2-3 mags) it would work flawless, but it's like once it was warmed up or a even a bit dirty it would start to act up.  I would say mine just had a sear that probably needed replacement.  There are two set screws, and only 1 affects the "release" of the hammer.  It is a very simple design at that pivot point so there is not much that can be done.

I haven't heard of anyone else so I would just say it was my particular unit.  I even asked the only other user (JP_Ordance) who was posting as many pics as I was on the internet and he had no issue what so ever.  It did go back to Dean once after a trip or two to a range after talking with Dean.  And like I said, I moved on as I had other interests and I only have access to indoor ranges, so having the issue it can be frustrating to pay to shoot then not be able to shoot that particular gun that session.

I still think the design is excellent and so functional (especially for the ambidextrous aspect).  In hind sight, I probably could have sent it back a second time and bypassed the phone calls and emails, but I didn't.  So I wouldn't say it is a bad product by any means.  It did go back to the factory once with no change in performance, and to the range maybe 4-5 times combined pre factory re-inspect and post before selling.  I had one of the first runs, but I am really glad to not hear of others having the same issue.  I haven't bashed it all, just an honest report after being asked.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:29:51 PM by firewire » Logged
minnownoir

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 07:16:16 PM »

I only spoke with Dean everytime I called, and I also sent him videos and pictures (before and after actually mailing it back for inspection).  I do feel I am pretty handy, and I felt confident I had the trigger adjusted as correct as it could be based upon the instructions and dry firing.  Initially (2-3 mags) it would work flawless, but it's like once it was warmed up or a even a bit dirty it would start to act up.  I would say mine just had a sear that probably needed replacement.  There are two set screws, and only 1 affects the "release" of the hammer.  It is a very simple design at that pivot point so there is not much that can be done.

I haven't heard of anyone else so I would just say it was my particular unit.  I even asked the only other user (JP_Ordance) who was posting as many pics as I was on the internet and he had no issue what so ever.  It did go back to Dean once after a trip or two to a range after talking with Dean.  And like I said, I moved on as I had other interests and I only have access to indoor ranges, so having the issue it can be frustrating to pay to shoot then not be able to shoot that particular gun that session.

I still think the design is excellent and so functional (especially for the ambidextrous aspect).  In hind sight, I probably could have sent it back a second time and bypassed the phone calls and emails, but I didn't.  So I wouldn't say it is a bad product by any means.  It did go back to the factory once with no change in performance, and to the range maybe 4-5 times combined pre factory re-inspect and post before selling.  I had one of the first runs, but I am really glad to not hear of others having the same issue.  I haven't bashed it all, just an honest report after being asked.

Thanks.  I know you're going out of your way to be fair and I appreciate your answering my questions.  In this day and age, people don't expect to buy a professionally-made product for $900 and then lose money at the range or shipping it back and forth, or having to tinker with it to get it to work.  Glad you found an open-minded buyer for yours.
Laserbait

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »

I need to update what I stated before.   Now after shooting another 600+ rounds through it, it started doubling again.  I reset the trigger again, and need to take it back out to test more.

I have a feeling that it might need to be readjusted a few times as it breaks in and the parts settle.  I'm OK with that. 

- Joseph
Bushmaster M17S   - JARD J67
Keltec RFB 18"   - Keltec RDB 1:9
xdmikey

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »

If I can find the cash I may pick one up. I belong to a gun club and there are a couple of guys that are pretty capable of helping me make adjustments if needed.
Vic Borkenstein
New Posting Member

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 08:35:03 PM »

Has anybody tried to fire Federal aluminum cased ammo thru your J67 ?
I ordered a J67 from Dean about two months ago. While I was waiting for it I bought 5K rounds for it because I don't load 9mm. When I took it out to the range I found out it will not feed aluminum cased ammo,at all! Dean told me to ship it back to him and they would look at it.Two weeks after he received it I called to check on it and was told the Walmart was a 30 minute drive so he didn't get any ammo for it.A week later I called and got the same story.I told Dean to ship it back to me,he did. I removed the barrel and found  the entrance to the chamber had a sharp edge causing the feeding jams.
I turned the sharp edge into a small radius and polished the feed ramp and chamber.
It eats anything I feed it now! I've read in previous post about feeding problems,now you know why. I also have a badly peened hammer with only 500 rounds thru it.
I talked to the production manager at Jard inc. on Monday to let him know what I found. He is sending me a new hammer(hopefully one that has been heat treated).

Vic

* JARD J67 Hammer.JPG (53.01 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 558 times.)

* JARD J67-1.JPG (49.38 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 540 times.)

* JARD J67-2.JPG (52.13 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 548 times.)
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 01:30:41 AM »

Hi Vic,

I had major feeding problems with the J68 not liking the Federal 147 grain flat point rounds. Did you ever try those?

I was able to do a little manual testing with other loads that worked fine. No aluminum cased, sorry. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do more because it developed a major trigger problem, so it's on its way back now. Sad
Vic Borkenstein
New Posting Member

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 11:02:15 AM »

Hi EWTHeckman,

I have used the 115 and 124 grn. round nose with out problem. I ran the  158 grn.round nose suppressed ,no problem. And the aluminum case ammo. I have not tried JHP ammo yet, but will the next shoot and let you know.

Vic
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »

Just to be clear, the rounds I had trouble with were these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/174101/federal-american-eagle-ammunition-9mm-luger-147-grain-full-metal-jacket-box-of-50

I didn't expect trouble with them because they're not hollow points, and I use them all the time in pistols. I have two defense loads that didn't seem to have any trouble feeding: Speer Gold Dot 147 grain (hollow point) and Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain (hollow point with some sort of polymer filler).

I'll do more testing once I get it back. I'll probably also do the same polishing you did (if Jard doesn't do it first).
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length