Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 09:54:20 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 released
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: X95 released  (Read 47231 times)
Guardian_Tavor

« on: January 18, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

IWI has finally said they're going to release the X95. If you're at Shot please take a look at that masterpiece, and please share your thoughts. I had the strongest feeling they were going to release it this year and I'm happy they are. I'm hoping it works with current aftermarket trigger packs. I also hope they have an SBR version to obtain but I'm personally torn if I even want that version. It's a true X95 which is cool but I'd only really want that version in 300BO otherwise I'm all for the regular barrel.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »

IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

https://lauraburgessmarketing.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/the-highly-anticipated-tavor-x95-from-iwi-us-launches-at-the-2016-shot-show/

Now I need a shorter top rail and shorter handguard.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:32:26 AM by RadScorpius » Logged
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »

Gear Head Works, the time to expand your offering is now, I want shorter handguard and rail for X95, and I will pay handsomely.
Craigy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »

That long rail really kinda quashes the potential to SBR it.   Sad

I'll keep waiting for the factory SBR. 

If that never happens, at least by the time I find out, this gun will be nicely discounted.

I know it's just like 3.5" of overall length, but this one is just so much sexier.

vs

crazymjb
^

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »

I sold my tavor to build an SBR a year or so ago... This may bring me back, especially if the new trigger kits work. I'm interested to see how the LOP and weight compare. In general it's a better looking rifle.

I loved my tavor and if I weren't a poor grad student I'd have kept it and built an SBR... but then probably ultimately sold it for an X95

Mike
Ross

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »

I see they have also extended the buttpad.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:20 PM »

MSRP same as the Tavor...

Video coming tomorrow!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
dushan
^

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 08:43:07 PM »

I'm excited
FD16-Tavor

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 08:43:50 PM »

I watched a video on youtube earlier today and the IWI rep said that the trigger packs are interchangeable.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:39 PM »

I watched a video on youtube earlier today and the IWI rep said that the trigger packs are interchangeable.

Link?
FD16-Tavor

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 08:55:22 PM »

Link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAOSQmZkZU

He says it at about the 1:30 mark
FD16-Tavor

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »

Another video of it at media day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZBCZaxTWM4
kamui34

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »

Give me SBR version
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »

I saw the same video and was happy to hear it can take aftermarket triggers. Actually it sounded like it had an aftermarket trigger in the demo unit for the range day. I was hoping the release date would be a little sooner then the Mar-Apr timeframe that was mentioned but it's better then nothing. I probably won't SBR it but it would be nice to get that stamp in before the Trust changes.

uglygun

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »

I wonder how much the used value of a Tavor will drop? Time will tell.
Personally, I don't feel a need for the  X95, I still love my Tavor with 18" barrel.
I'm not G.I.Joe or Rambo, I don't hunt bad guys from my vehicle nor is my Tavor my hd weapon of choice. So mine will be fine. Matter of fact I'll probably add a black 16" Tavor to my safe when the prices drop on the used market  from you guys that need the latest greatest. To each his own. Make no mistake the X95 is sweet, just not for me right now. I'm sure after awhile I'll find a deal on one used.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »

I wonder how much the used value of a Tavor will drop? Time will tell.
Personally, I don't feel a need for the  X95, I still love my Tavor with 18" barrel.
I'm not G.I.Joe or Rambo, I don't hunt bad guys from my vehicle nor is my Tavor my hd weapon of choice. So mine will be fine. Matter of fact I'll probably add a black 16" Tavor to my safe when the prices drop on the used market  from you guys that need the latest greatest. To each his own. Make no mistake the X95 is sweet, just not for me right now. I'm sure after awhile I'll find a deal on one used.

I doubt we'd see much change in Tavor price, when Daniel Defense release DDM4v2, v3, etc, the price of DDM4v1 remained the same.
brok3n

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 03:28:04 AM »

Okay, so I got home and got to see some of the vids.. looks like aftermarket triggers will fit.. I wonder if the curved Manticore buttpad will fit too?

I like the integrated rails/covers, button mag release, overall slimmer profile, optional trigger guard, new charging handle location, and the MSRP will be the same as the current Tavors on the market.

I'm selling my SAR16 and switching over!!!

Quick comparison pic using IWI pics:

This X95 announcement is a big surprise to me.. on point IWI!!
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 03:36:03 AM »

The thicker buttpad is what adds enough length to the X95, so be careful when replacing it, plus the X95 stick is not as "thick" (from top to bottom) compared  to Tavor, so I don't think it will fit.

Okay, so I got home and got to see some of the vids.. looks like aftermarket triggers will fit.. I wonder if the curved Manticore buttpad will fit too?

I like the integrated rails/covers, button mag release, overall slimmer profile, optional trigger guard, new charging handle location, and the MSRP will be the same as the current Tavors on the market.

I'm selling my SAR16 and switching over!!!

Quick comparison pic using IWI pics:

This X95 announcement is a big surprise to me.. on point IWI!!
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »

Meh... Im sticking with the Tavor for now. Its a cool little rig but I like the ergonomics of the Tavor being that I am a very large man with long arms. I put the Manticore pad on my Tavor but removed it because it made the length of pull way to short for me. I think I will be all "squished" up on the X-95. I will reserve full judgment until after I fire it.

Still digging the Tavor  Tongue
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »

I'm letting myself get a little torn between this and the MDR. I'm sure I'm not alone and IWI should have probably pushed this out to the market last year over the ACE. I don't really want to give up my Tavor in favor of the X95 and the X95 doesn't really do anything so much better then the Tavor, to not let myself really consider the MDR. The MDR more then likely will have a better stock trigger, be more accurate, and support more calibers. Caliber conversions are kind of gimmicks, but a 5.45, 300BO, and .308 are enticing. I don't forsee relying too heavily on that forward ejecting system and I'm sceptical of the magazine block inserts that are used for the conversions, but I'll be giving that MDR a hard look compared to the X95. We all know the X95 is battle proven, but it doesn't seem to really do anything that the Tavor can't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length