Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 01:03:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  M14/M1A Bullpup
| | |-+  Selling my AWC G2 stock
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Selling my AWC G2 stock  (Read 9576 times)
Goodknight
New Posting Member

« on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »

I have it on gunbrokers with a buy it now price of $900, but have a little room in there for negotiation. It is brand new, never been used.  

* AWC G2.JPG (66.89 KB, 640x478 - viewed 1157 times.)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:01:43 AM »

Interesting!  Any more details?!?

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
bullpup45

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:45:16 AM »

what do you need to know?
Goodknight
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Way back (late 90's) I had a very complete bullpup collection to include:

2 styer Augs
2 AWC G2s
Bushmaster M17
Valmet M82 (loved this one)
Bushmaster ARMS pistol
Hi Standard 10A & 10B
Mossberg 12 gauge (hated it, too heavy)
Norinco (total junk, bought NIB and disassembled the first time I shot it)

Without getting into details, I was a part of the development and debut of a bullpup rifle being designed and produced overseas. I had just about every bullpup a civi could own, as well as a number of other very rare and coveted firearms.

Long story short, September 11 changed my world. I was outside the towers and life changed. I ended up selling everything off (not just the collection of firearms) and had a long period of adjustment and recovery. I had recieved the extra stock as a gift from the manufacturer. It was cool and destert cammo. I planned on building it, but like I said, life changed. I recently came accross the stock while unpacking some old boxes I had in storage.

I ended up chanding careers, now work as a transition officer with the Marine Corps (former Corpsman), helping disabled Marines cross the bridge back to civilian life. Perfect spot for me now. I'm based at Quantico with an office at Bethesda also (now called Walter Reed).

I know it needs the top cover fabricated which isn't too hard. The trigger linkage is easy and to be honest could have used a bit of improvement from the original design. M1A trigger assembly itself mounts to AWC stock.

I'll never build it. My pay is not what it once was. I'm making a differance I never did, but not the living. I can't justify the expense of buying a $1800 rifle to put in the stock. I found an old BMW I want and the coin for the stock will help. The price is more than a deal and good luck finding another. I'll only have it up for sale for a week or two, if no sale I'll stash it away again. The 100 G2s are most likely ticked away in people's collection and nobody gets off of them. I'll probably regret selling this because it means I will never have a G2. No way can I shell out $5K+ if a G2 comes up for sale.

Anyway, here's the deal. Nobody knows me here so I have no cred or track record. Nobody wants to send a $800 money order to a stranger.  I know JJ from way back even though he doesn't remember me. IO love his 870 project. If anybody wants to buy this thing, I'll ship the stock to JJ, you send the coin to him and he'll ship the stock to you. All on the square and compass.

anybody can email me or message me if they wish. It really is a simple assembly, top cover and linkage which was nothing other than bent rod. A channel already exists in the stock for the rod.

Pete

lafrance
^

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:27:14 PM »

I have 3 G2s and would like to know if you sold your stock.
Thanks
bullpup45

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »

The last I heard  he was going ahead and just building it.
please post pictures of your 3
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length