Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 24, 2020, 10:29:07 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Precision/Long Range Bullpups (Heavy Calibers)
| |-+  Other Precision Bullpups
| | |-+  Hi guys, wanted to share a drop-in bullpup chassis I'm developing!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Hi guys, wanted to share a drop-in bullpup chassis I'm developing!  (Read 162294 times)
mkmachining

« on: January 03, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

Hi guys, I saw a post on here mentioning a company I started, MK Machining, and wanted to share some more information.

Here is a rendering of my second prototype, which will be finished in this coming week.

I'll try and give a basic rundown of things:

Remington 700 short action at first.  This will expand as we start accepting orders.

Modular construction, you will be able to choose from a few different rear sections and fore ends, with different lengths and accessory attachment systems, M-LOK and Keymod.  Those aren't in the rendering, but will be offered in production.

Adjustable length of pull, recoil pad cant, and recoil pad height.  Cheekpiece is also adjustable vertically and horizontally.

AICS mag and AR grip compatibility. 

Does not use the stock trigger.  A large trigger company will be making custom units for this chassis, which attaches to our patented linkage and safety system.  With a modified OEM unit our trigger pull went from 2.5 to 2.75 and felt nice, thinking an aftermarket custom unit will do even better.  Safety is also located so you can operate it with your shooting hand.

Bolt extensions will be offered to bring the bolt to a conventional location.  Right now my plan is to have customers send in their bolts and we modify them and test them in our actions.  You won't be "married" to this bolt extension, so if you choose to return the rifle to a standard stock you can do so.

There will be flush cups and a sling stud for bipod attachment in the production model.  Those aren't a concern while I'm prototyping.

There will be some testing to do once this chassis is completed, but I'm hoping few changes will need to be made for a production model.  Really wanting to be at the Tulsa gun show in April to start accepting preorders.  If you have any questions I'll be sure to check back frequently to answer them.
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »

Welcome to the Forum! More Bullpups is a good thing. Good luck on your new venture and keep us updated on your progress! Wink

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
mkmachining

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »

V2 is almost done.  Changes planned will include more hand room, a different grip, mlok and keymod slots, flush cups and sling swivels, the cheekpiece isn't on in this photo, radiusing of corners and weight reduction, and a bolt extension option that brings the bolt handle to a more convenient spot.

Would love to answer any questions, expected more activity on this forum!
mkmachining

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »

Anyone home?  Grin

Here's v2 next to the stock this barreled action came from:

bassybob
^

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:47:54 PM »

Nice. Have you test fired for operation/accuracy, yet?

Thanks!
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »

I like it! I  Grin

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
mkmachining

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »

bassybob, this version not yet. It is my second prototype.  Currently at Timney getting a custom trigger unit and then there will be a whole lot of firing!  The next revision will really knock everyone's socks off I'm hoping.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »

Please keep us updated. I am very interested in this design. Do you have any numbers on weight once everything is installed and an empty mag?
Do you plan on making a stocks available for sale?

I would love to see a 300 win mag long action version with a good buttpad. Nice work man... Venting the front barrel shroud will increase the visual appeal and drop some weight. A swept forward bolt knob looks like it would be a nice addition.
mkmachining

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »

V2 weighed right at 10lbs with a 10rd AICS mag.  V3 will be a bit less.

What do you mean making "a stocks available for sale"?

Here is V3, minus flush cups, a sling swivel, and MLOK or keymod slots:

I believe I know how I want to approach the bolt extension, but I want a completed V3 in my hands first to make sure the extension is of the quality I expect from the rest of the chassis.  Should be a month or so and you'll see this next version, which may be for sale if it satisfies me!
macgyverhk
^

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »

As much as a want this to work, I am not crazy about how much it weighs or how blocky the V2 looks.

It could use some refinement and round edges.
If it could accept AR15 handguards I would like it more as well.
Spartan
^

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 02:57:40 PM »

Is it ok with a left handed bolt?
macgyverhk
^

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 03:38:35 PM »

As much as a want this to work, I am not crazy about how much it weighs or how blocky the V2 looks.

It could use some refinement and round edges.

The ability to accept AR15 handguards would be nice as well.
mkmachining

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »

I thought 10lbs was pretty good for weight personally, that's a medium-heavy barreled action in there. 

If you note in V3 all those hard edges are radiused, V2 was only the second prototype, and much more focused on function over form since it wasn't meant for consumers.  V3 is a lot more streamlined and takes care of the aesthetic issues I had problems with.

I do hope to offer a chassis that accepts AR handguards, but the biggest issue is scope mounting.  How do I keep a rail flat across the top with different AR handguards that are different sizes?  Do I float a rail above that?  Then it won't be nearly as stiff, and probably make the scope even higher.  Etc...there are lots of things to work around.
kamui34

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »

Any chance you an move up the bolt to the correct location?
mkmachining

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »

Yep.  There will be a bolt extension option, you send in your bolt and we install a non-permanent extension that moves the bolt handle forward.

I'm waiting until I have a production ready chassis to conquer this, I don't think it will be that hard but I want to make sure it's up to my satisfaction along with the entire chassis.
mkmachining

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »

Quick pic of a GAP barreled action with 28" of barrel plus brake next to my trainer 22  Grin

kamui34

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »

Looking nice... Think you also posted it on reddit? Cheesy

Can't wait for the extended bolt!
mkmachining

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 12:14:46 AM »

I did post it on reddit!  Bolt extension will be the very last thing, as it will be an upgrade and not essential to function.

Tested trigger last night for the first time...18oz without any adjustment.  Nice and crisp.
mkmachining

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 12:07:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwVwZR0ZFms

Here is a video rundown we did of the chassis.  Along with a good view of our STELLAR trigger!
mkmachining

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

Time to get some groups before making the next revision  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length