Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2017, 05:29:44 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Getting Started...
| |-+  BullpupForum.com Site Rules
| | |-+  MSAR STG 556 / 223
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MSAR STG 556 / 223  (Read 16412 times)
Fograt33
New Posting Member

« on: December 22, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »

Anybody know about this weapon? i purchased it about 2 years ago when the rumor of a large clip ban was circulating. There was very little available at the time and I found this one at local shop. They were selling it for a private party.

It came with 3 - 42 round clips and it appeared to be "new". When my son in law and I finally took it out of the closet, we couldn't get it to fire more than one round without jamming. Took it back to the shop and they didn't have a clue. Tried another shop and got similar results - their advice was use plenty of lube to the point of splashing. That's counter to everything I ever heard about proper lubrication.

I finally took it to an old timer local gunsmith and he says it needs an extractor. Trouble is where to get one or have one made?
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »

You will find all the info you need right here. They are clones of the AUG but some parts are not interchangeable. The broken extractor is a known issue. The rifle was promising but the standard AUG is a much more reliable and better made system.

AUG's are readily available now so the MSAR's aren't the first choice for that design. I believe the company is out of business.

Search through these posts. You will find exactly the info you are looking for. Broken extractors are normal with that manufacturer.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=21.0
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »

Ask your question here:  http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=4.0

You'll also probably need to call Ratworx in IL. I think they are your only source for MSAR parts now.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length