Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:22:12 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  FAMAS bullpup
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: FAMAS bullpup  (Read 14135 times)
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »

Gotta love the surrender sticks!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »

Gotta love that jazz sweater tucked into the sweatpants, very classy and sure to make all the women weak in the knees.

Thanks for posting... it made my lunch.
Frank587

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 01:47:54 AM »

If you ever wanted one of these rare bullpups,there is one on Gunbroker right now!
 item number 578386907

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »

Ive been watching that one. It's too rich for my blood!

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »

Yeah... think I would rather spend the money on a fully loaded Barrett M107 before I throw 20K at the Famas.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »

Yeah... think I would rather spend the money on a fully loaded Barrett M107 before I throw 20K at the Famas.

At that price you are into the fully transferable machine gun market. Which is also investment grade collection guns. I would go there before the Barrett personally. But I've shot one a bunch. It is fun but you are limited on where you can actually shoot it.

Richard W.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »

I was in Paris a couple weeks ago. The Army is running foot patrols all over the city, and security has been tightened at all the attractions.

FAMAS on patrol at the Louvre-

0BZEN
New Posting Member

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »

Since I finally signed up here I wanted to comment on this thread that a coworker of mine was in the French military and swore that the FAMAS was the most accurate and dependable of military rifles in the world. At the time I chalked it up to national pride, but this thread makes me think he wasn't totally off.

My guess is, you were right, mostly. Or I was a crap shot. Or both. I remember the trigger sucked though. Waiting... waiting... Hearing some spring noise... Waiting some more. Bang!

Three round bursts, well, felt hard to control. Never was allowed to fire full auto (being a conscript scrub), but I guess you'd need to be pretty well trained to have any kind of control.

Heavy reciprocating charging handle. Watch your fingers, especially during rifle grenade drills. Those were fun.

'Surrender sticks' were flimsy. I guess, they worked OK, firing prone. Not really getting in the way otherwise, you'd think they would hang on to all sorts of things, but never really noticed that.

Ergonomics kinda sucked (rotary fire selector way at the back). I guess you're suppose to keep it at a particular setting. Especially for conscripts. Put it in full auto accidentally, and you'd get a major bollocking. Although we were given at most three bullets, never full mags.

No bolt hold open, but felt OK to hold, aim, and point. Safety lever, ... meh. I guess it was a way to have the scrubs keep their fingers away from the trigger. My guess is, a lot of the ergonomics are very safety conscious. Given than a huge range of idiot-types would have to do their military service, handling one of those, which are small and unimpressive at first (almost toy-like). Kind of a problem when you have professionals that rely on the same weapon and have other priorities. Hence why they tend to get 'updated' versions, nowadays.

Floating barrel though. And very simple internally. Just a few large components really. The entire fire control system is housed at the rear of the butt in a sealed plastic device. And from what I've seen, it's pretty complex inside. But when it brakes, just chuck the entire thing out, and get another one.

Ambidextrous... Well ok, but not recommended. I was asked to shoot right-handed, even though I'm left handed. Swapping the ejector around was a bit of a pain. I guess not something you'd do in the field.

Aperture sights, one large, one small, or none (basically, 'very large'). No adjustments as far as I remember.

Felt pretty heavy at the time, but I was all skin and bones at the time of my military service.

I'm not really an authority on weapons, and couldn't compare to anything else really. Only thing I fired were shotguns and small 22LR carbines. But I liked it in general. Ours were pretty beat up though. The carry handle was loose, metal tarnished, but hey, they worked.

IMO, Over-engineered, with quirky characteristics. Kinda 70's 'futuristic', like the Aug (which imo, is a better overall approach to bullpup). Exactly what I expected from our glorious military.

Lots of unique features (delayed blowback, rifle grenades, ambidextrous, bullpup, lots of 'polymers', three-point sling, foldable bipod, three-round burst, crazy ROF). But I guess, once they got round to actually using the same ammo as everyone else, not a bad system.

I like firing it, carrying it. Best thing that I did during my miserable military service.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:17:48 PM by 0BZEN » Logged
bushjockey
^

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »

Just doing some vacation time in Paris - military here obviously love this rifle still.  The squad I saw were sporting maroon berets and they looked like true badasses.  Each of their rifles apeared to be custom built and accessorized, including rattle-can paint.  I saw most with older Eotech sights and a few with the bulky looking iron handle sight.  I would have snapped a picture but was too intimidated...
Heavy

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 03:55:34 PM »

And for just 21k you can have one too.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/637143307
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length